Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Learn English in February

How moral are you?

mheredgemheredge Posts: 41,872 ✭✭✭✭
Are you an angel or just plain evil? Do you know the difference between right and wrong? Try these 20 questions to see how moral you really are.....

http://www.playbuzz.com/shira10/how-moral-are-you-actually

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 41,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Teehe, I'm no angel!
  • pryfllwydpryfllwyd Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently I'm very moral but operate in the grey zone of morals.

That said, since when does belief in god have anything to do with morals? Not in my experience.
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am writing from a jail cell. :)
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 11,084 mod
    Who on earth is Joseph Kony?
    Anyway, it says that "I'm a very moral person".
    Well, a bit maybe. :)
  • pryfllwydpryfllwyd Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Joseph Kony is (or was?) a nadty little man who used an army of child soldiers in Sierra Leone @april
    I haven't heard of him either. @‌April

Well, I have stabbed several people in Second Life. I have also drowned many. Not to speak about haunting. :)
    Ooh, thanks @pryfllwyd‌.
    I'm glad I didn't choose him as my role model.
    You sound like a very wicked person @Xanthippe‌. Pleased to make your acquaintance!

I think I might have got the same result as you @pryfllwyd‌. Moral but not so moral.

What does Joseph Kony have to do with you being a very moral person @april?

@mheredge, yes, I do. :)

Xanthippe
    (5th century BC)

Socrates' wife and matron of ancient Athens. The couple had three sons, Lamprokles, Sophroniskos and Menexenos, and she is said to have had a bad temper and to have been the very personification of the constantly nagging wife.
    Her contemporaries did not picture her as such a terrible person as the later Romans did. According to later stories, Socrates knew he was marrying a hag, but did so to practice his patience.
    A well known anecdote about the angry Xanthippe is the one where she was so angry with her husband that she threw a bucket of washing water on him. The philosopher then replied: after thunder comes rain. Socrates' saying "Marry or marry not, in any case you'll regret it" was supposedly in contemplation of his wife.
    Hahahaha! I am often tempted to throw a bucket of water over the dogs that bark outside my window @Xanthippe‌.
    If I chose Joseph Kony as my role model (instead of my mother :) ) the result could be different I assume. :)
    I can't see it somehow, @april‌.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    A very moral person.
    Good.
    @Nil, congratulations. :)
    I am rather like that: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/28/article-0-00356DD800000258-712_634x858.jpg
    That's Dastardly and Muttly isn't it, @Xanthippe‌? I can still hear that evil snigger...
    Thanks @Xanthippe‌.
    Of course as a teenager, I should be moral. I don't drink or smoke or other things that adults do.
    Ah, you are right, Marianne. :) I haven't watched this series though.
    In Britain, an awful lot of teenagers are not at all moral @nil.

Britain has one of the worst records in the world for underage pregnancies. Most young people drink alcohol, a lot smoke and even do drugs. Brits have more teenage abortions than any other country in Western Europe too.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/56232/Lusty-kids-lose-cherry-aged-12
    We have immoral teenagers here too. I have lot of immoral classmates. Some of them were caught while smoking @mheredge‌.
    But really I can't understand underage pregnancies.
    This article is interesting @nil. A lot is due to poor education.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/may/21/schools.education
    That was interesting @mheredge‌.
    Schools should teach about proper sex and also the dangers of improper one. Underage pregnancies, alcohol, or addiction are important problems which government shall consider them and find a solution for them in order to have a valid society.
    Also parents can be really effective to avoid happening these things.
  • SLBSLB Posts: 1,289 Inactive
    Hi, @mheredge‌
    How many pregnant classmates did you have when you were at school?
    Good question @SillyLittleBleeder‌. Just one girl. She had to leave at Easter, a term before the end of the school year. She would have been 16 or thereabouts. I don't think she took her O'levels. But then again, even if there was only one in my class, it was seen as quite shocking as the school was a grammar school where that sort of thing wasn't supposed to happen.

These days we cannot control a 5 years old.
    I'm concerned about future and the new generation. :|
    I find children from the countryside seem to be much better behaved than city kids. Teaching village children, there are never any classroom discipline problems @nil. They are much less spoilt. Or maybe they're afraid the teacher will beat them. This is still a problem in many village schools in India and Nepal.
    Teachers beat them? Some students need it @mheredge‌.
    I remember a student at elementary school said to her teacher I will pay 2 million to manager and she will fire you!!!!!!!!!!! :|
    But do you really think beating the naughty students really makes any difference @nil? My father used to reckon that the boys at his school almost saw it as a trophy. And as @pryffwyd said in What is the problem, when he was at school, they were given the choice of taking a beating or doing chores, but used to take the physical punishment as it was over quickly.
  • komikomi Posts: 421 Inactive
    edited August 2014
    Model of Morality !
    Me?
    o:)
    No @mheredge‌. I don't accept physical punishment at all. In few cases it works but in most it doesn't. Our teachers punish us by a lot of home work and sometimes debarring us of talking.