Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget the calendar. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to check where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice
https://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Reading Practice
https://learn-english.online

Writing Practice on our forum and Discord server.

Listening Practice
Podcasts on Spreaker
https://www.spreaker.com/user/learnenglishnetwork
Videos on our YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/learnenglishnetwork

Crop Circles: What are they? Who makes such things?

2»

Comments

• zapppsrzapppsr Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    Ok @pryfllwyd. I will check those when I'm at home and then I post my conclusions!
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,221 mod
    Sorry... I've been busy lately. I will do it as soon as I can.
    Ok @pryfllwyd‌ I saw the YouTube video. They aren't so difficult to make after all!
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,920 ✭✭✭✭
    My father used to make very nice stripes on the garden lawn with his lawn-mower every week @zapppsr‌. So with a little more imagination...
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,559 mod
    edited November 2014
    Making crop circles turns out to be some kind of huge graffiti @pryfllwyd. It’s beautiful art, but the makers want to remain anonymous and the act can only be performed at night. It’s strange because in that way they don’t get the credits they deserve for their work. The only thing they can be proud of it that they create a hoax to make everybody believe it’s done by aliens. How fun is that!
    Pretty cool I think @lichaamstaal‌. And in time, they grow out. So there's no lasting damage done.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    I think Crop circles made by aliens,I saw on you tube some where they covered very big area for circles very neat and clean.I believe in aliens >:)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    I have never understood how things like crop circles happen, but I do think that a lot of them must be man made, because you can often tell. People sometimes create them just to try and get some attention from the media. I have done a lot of research and I've seen the theories; a lot of them are very interesting!
  • I think someone make this
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    @Mohamed.Elattar What do you think who made them? :)
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,968 mod
    They look awesome! :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyEQq2q51SlY9um4ogVO8v7gjF8TVjEAaegTuAWw7AwvYHHc5t8Ku9HR25OA
    I haven't seen crop circles but I seen the Nazca Lines in Peru. These are believed to have been made by the Nazca culture between 500BC and 500AD. There are hundreds of figures that range in complexity from simple lines to birds, spiders, monkeys, fish, sharks and lizards.

• BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge I think that similar pictures can be seen in the pyramids of Egypt as well. But, these pictures reflect the overall culture of a country.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,968 mod
    mheredge wrote: »
    I haven't seen crop circles but I seen the Nazca Lines in Peru. These are believed to have been made by the Nazca culture between 500BC and 500AD. There are hundreds of figures that range in complexity from simple lines to birds, spiders, monkeys, fish, sharks and lizards.

This is really cool to look afar! Awesome @mheredge :)
This discussion has been closed.