Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

Are you a culture vulture?

Answers

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 47 ✭✭
    I like art too much especially reading novels ,poem and photography ,,i have written a novel I :) am going to publish it as soon as I can ...I just finished writing yesterday
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Very good @Hayden, What have you written about? What language have you written the novel in?
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    I do oil paintings pencil sketches and pastel drawings it's my hobby and I like paintings and sculptures.
    @Saira , I like sketching by pen, pencil, and sometimes markers. I'm not good at using pastels, so I prefer painting by pencils.
    By the way, Are you an amateur artist?
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    I like pencil sketching and once I have taken admission in an institute but I couldn't continue it for long. But I have made some good sketches and hopefully I will share them soon here. :)
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 Inactive
    Really @Hayden ? Do you write a book? can you tell us what is your book about?
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 44,856 ✭✭✭✭
    Electronic publishing seems to be becoming all the rage nowadays. Download or print one copy at a time, it saves storage space and keeping stocks of books that may not get bought.
    It's happened again. Sorry - this was supposed to be a comment on electronic vs paper books.
    Back to being a culture vulture, I was told about a traditional theatrical 'cross-talk' (Chinglish term?). It sounds like a double-act of comedians exchanging funny comments.
    Aryarchi Yes I am amateur artist,I mostly make portraits and landscape.This my hobby
    Hi Hayden,nice to meet you by the way what's your Novel's title?
  • Tenin_ToloresTenin_Tolores Posts: 1
    Yolo all
    @Saira , Nice
    @Tenin_Tolores Welcome to the forum and what is "Yolo"?
    There are lots of cultural festivals on all the time in Nice. The problem is finding the time to participate in all of them.
    @mheredge is Nice is a city or a town? Why is it famous?
  • nour360nour360 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Arabic calligraphy, what @Bubbly called Islamic, is the best for me, but i love also the Japanese calligraphy very known in mangas and video games
  • nievesnieves Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Wow calligraphy! I love arts and like to paint with acrylic, but calligraphy would be out of my league! :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    I love art and I often go to visit museums. My wife works for a magazine of art and this makes it more simple and charming. As soon as possible we go to visit considering that we live to Florence one of the most important cities of art.
    Nice is France's fifth largest city @Bubbly (though it's not very big as cities in France tend to be quite small). It's in the south of France beside the Mediterranean, with probably the nicest climate in the country. So it's very popular with tourists, especially Brits who have been coming since the 19th century in winter to escape the cold weather in Britain.
    edited December 2015
    @mheredge so it means it has moderate climate through out a year.
    @nour360 by the end of next year, I will go for Islamic calligraphy as it is in my bucket list now. :)
  • jsimancasfjsimancasf Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    @mheredge I agree with you.

I feel fascinated for oriental culture, it is awesome. I like dresses of women, I love how they look with them. :)

---------------------

I feel a fascination for oriental culture, it is awesome. I love the way women there dress, I love how they look in traditional costume.
    Post edited by Teach on
    I hope to visit a few museums when I go on my travels in the next couple of months. They usually give a nice little snapshot of local culture.
    Saturday I'm going to visit museum "Museo Opera del Duomo" in P.za S.M.del Fiore. At Florence is maybe one of the most important, it includes the visit of Duomo, Battistero and Campanile di Giotto. If you will come to Florence don't forget to visit it.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    > @aryarchi said:
    > Are you interested in arts? If so, how much are you interested in it and whats your favorite context?

i like art.. i like music.. Hard Rock, Metal and House :)
    @Zico_1 What kind of art do you like?
    My friend want to see the water puppets in Ho Chi Minh. I can't wait.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    @Bubbly
    Artificial Art
    :)
    Today during the work day I went to Porta Romana and done a photo at the statue in the middle of the roundabout. It was made by Pistoletto and its name is Dietro-Front, it remembers the link between past and future. Two women, one in vertical the other in horizontal above. One watches the city(Renaissance past) the other watches out(the Future)
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/905/xkpNox.jpg
This discussion has been closed.