Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Learn English in September

Are you a culture vulture?

13»

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    Today I was on Piazza S.M.Novella in Florence and walking around, I have discovered a writing on the stone of the flooring. I have searched for hours but I have not found to who refers.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img908/3064/AwUxe3.jpg
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 44,856 ✭✭✭✭
    My friend reckoned the water puppets in Ho Chi Minh City are even better than the ones she saw in Hanoi. They were highly entertaining.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    @biso I like the concept of the photo with two women. Renaissance has a great impact on future especially on social setup.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    japanese one is the best for me
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 8,055 mod
    Though I don't have the capability to expound the deep meaning of each painting piece I encounter, it's still amusing for me how painters intricately created their artworks. :)
    I really want to get myself interested in art so that I can see the world from many different perspectives. I like the way an artist, take for example a painter, sees the beauty in simple things. They have an eye for detail. That makes it fascinating.
    I really want to get myself interested in art so that I can see the world from many different perspectives. I like the way an artist, take for example a painter, sees the beauty in simple things. They have an eye for detail. That makes it fascinating.

Agreed! Have you tried creating your own piece my friend? :)
    @kindgnice Nah buddy I am too lazy for that. I, actually, wanted to learn rabab (a musical instrument) and bought it about three months ago. However, I haven't even touched it yet. There is a lot on mind lately. So, learning rabab is way down on my priority list.
    edited April 2016
    @kindgnice Nah buddy I am too lazy for that. I, actually, wanted to learn rabab (a musical instrument) and bought it about three months ago. However, I haven't even touched it yet. There is a lot on mind lately. So, learning rabab is way down on my priority list.

Wow! Is rabab your national instrument there? Cool!
    @JawadKarim: I've searched for it and it looks beautiful and elegant. ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOCq_2xgX6mpo8h3Rjjbm58vnPlKzYeHipNcPEBAAEppHCP5tLPw

I believe this has a sentimental value for your culture and country's history?
    It seems that you have a great interest in paintings. :)

@markov said:

japanese one is the best for me

Have you tried visiting Japan my friend? :)
    @kindgnice Yes that is a rabab :) And yes you are right in saying that it has sentimental value for our culture and history. It is something we are very attached to and proud of. And no doubt that it's one of the sweetest sounding instrument.
    @kindgnice Yes that is a rabab :) And yes you are right in saying that it has sentimental value for our culture and history. It is something we are very attached to and proud of. And no doubt that it's one of the sweetest sounding instrument.

Honestly, it's one of my frustrations, to learn how to play a musical instrument. But sadly, I have no talents of playing any musical instruments. :(
    Can you teach me how to play this rabab someday? I'm planning to roam around the world someday, and who knows, maybe I can also visit your country as well. :)
    Well, I could say that I love singing but I can't play musical instruments. Sounds odd right. ;)
    @JawadKarim Rubab is a great instrument of KPK region. I enjoy listening to it.

Bubbly wrote: »
    @JawadKarim Rubab is a great instrument of KPK region. I enjoy listening to it.

Have you played with it Bubbly? :)
    @kindgnice Sure. But for me to teach you, first I have to learn it :)
    And yes you should visit Pakistan. It's a beautiful land. You will be warmly welcomed here by my people and of course me :)
    @kindgnice Sure. But for me to teach you, first I have to learn it :)
    And yes you should visit Pakistan. It's a beautiful land. You will be warmly welcomed here by my people and of course me :)

Thank you my friend. I will now include Pakistan in my world tour checklists for future plans. :)
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly I'd been learned calligraphy for couples of years, but don't know there're so many different types of calligraphy, such as Urdu and Arabic. How interesting! :smile:
  • MahkameMahkame Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I love photography , cross-stiching , sewing, coloring pencil drawing, shade's drawing, Sequins .
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 44,856 ✭✭✭✭
    Colombia's famous artist Botero has donated many scuptures and paintings to art galleries in Medellin and Bogotá. I was happy to indulge in visiting several museums in Bogotá and admiring his fine art.
    Which one you learned?
    @Shiny03 said:

@Bubbly I'd been learned calligraphy for couples of years, but don't know there're so many different types of calligraphy, such as Urdu and Arabic. How interesting! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.