Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Bermuda Triangle! Is it a scientific myth or still a mystery?

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    @Roman so why do things disappear there?
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,680 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm inclined to agree with you @Roman, much as I'd love to believe these stories.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    I wouldn't say that it was a myth as such, as there do seem to be some strange happenings around that general area, however the simple fact is that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of explanation for what happens. But I am fairly certain that, in time, people will be able to prove what happens there, and we will then know for sure.
    Gemma, I have the same feelings. But, I wish that this mystery should resolve soon. :)
  • nour360nour360 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    i believe that the Jinn has a hand in the bermuda triangle, and it reminds me what our prophet Mohamed ( pbuh ) said about satan...that "his throne is on the sea" and here for sure they will have a place in the world seas, in our case the most mysterious part over the seas is the bermuda triangle, and you have to know that when we investigate in any mysterious thing in our life where normal logics are not useful, ( like in magic ) we find that the Jinn is linked to it,
    its just my opinion and i am sure that i am right in many things, but it stays an opinion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭
    Bermuda triangle or the Devil's triangle
    http://www.history.com/topics/bermuda-triangle
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,680 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember years ago this was a big thing @Csilla but we don't seem to hear so much about it now.
    @mheredge people lost their interest in it as till now there was no clue about it. Majority of the researches were being carried with no solid proof. It needs huge investment and time that is a big challenge for the research team.
  • LaszloMarkLaszloMark Posts: 89 Inactive
    I always loved those types of mysterious-documentary movies with UFO-s, and ghosts and other miraculous and unexplained stories. But, i think that most of them just some natural phenomena, that we can not explain yet. And i think this triangle is just like that.
    I believe that there will be a scientific explanation about those magnetic, and gravitational phenomena, witch we can not explain at this moment. Maybe all of this caused by rocks. If you think about it, nobody knows what lies beneath the oceans.
    Anyway, i believe in UFO-s too, but i don't think, that all of them come from the outer space (but, if you think about it, that we only know about less than 0,00000004 % of the universe, well....)
    @LaszloMark I agree with you on that. I think that researchers should work on it more as it has some scientific reasons behind more than assumptions.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,964 mod
    Now I know that Bermuda Triangle is also known as Devil's triangle. Bwahahahaha!
    :naughty:
  • shasha96shasha96 Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Its not a myth, there's a scientific reason behind that, around that area any flying thing if go over by there. It will explode cause of methane(not a particle of it left). But people says there's satans and aliens something. They made it a myth. According to my knowledge. :)
  • SangeSange Posts: 561 ✭✭✭
    I guess it's a mystery @shasha96
    edited April 2016
    Hmm you can say its a mystery cause no one ever went into the Bermuda triangle and and research about it. :) @Sange
  • abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,030 Inactive
    @Sange @shasha96 Yeah I think so its a mystery. According to Veda its a mystical powers which are not in control of Human equipment. I am not quite sure its true or not but this is what I understood.
    what ? :/ why are you mentioning veda? :open_mouth:
    @shasha96 the main reason is I found only in veda its revealed that there is some mystical powers behind Triangle and all the scientist are failed to find the fact behind Bermuda Triangle what is true even US Navy told that there is nothing like Bermuda Triangle. I am bit confused.
    At the end what I think is there is something which do exist but Modern equipment's are unable identify what exactly it is.
    @abhishekb9099 There's nothing supernatural and mystical powers behind Bermuda triangle, According to me. :D And who wants to die by going into or searching about triangle. :smile:
    @shasha96 well you can say that but still it is mystery so definitely there is something but we don't know what exactly it is.
    I just want to know that can birds fly over Bermuda Triangle If yes, I read that birds can fly over Bermuda but if there is a high gravity than the birds should also go down are birds attracted by magnetic force.
    edited April 2016
    ohhh ok guys!! :)
    They get attracted by magnetic force by natural gas a gas —the kind that heats ovens and boils water—specifically methane, is the culprit behind the mysterious disappearances and loss of water and air craft.

The evidence for this astounding new insight into a mystery that's bedeviled the world is laid out in a research paper published in the American Journal of Physics.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,964 mod
    Thanks for sharing your insights here guys: @abhishekb9099 @shasha96 @Sange
    I really learned a lot from you. ;)
    @abhishekb9099 @Sange @shasha96 it is a scientific mystery that is still under process. We cannot give our final opinion till researchers find out something authentic.
    @Bubbly Aapi, yeah I agree with you. But we said what we heard or read about it. :) I wish they solve the mystery soon. :(
    @Bubbly Ya we are agree with you research is under process we have not even seen how exactly its look like as of now we can just read articles. Its just our opinion but we can not give final judgement:)
    @shasha96 you can go and check it there. ;) It is more like a whirling pool that will take you down to another world. :D
    @abhishekb9099 yes but still we are curious creatures, so we need updates timely. I am sure that scientists will find out something interesting for us. If it were in Indian ocean we have found some clues so far. ;)