Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the merry month of May
When green leaves begin to spring,
Little lambs do skip like fairies,
Birds do couple, build, and sing.
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
May
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How are you feeling today?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 38,238 ✭✭✭✭
    I slept through three alarms this morning! I think I am back on track now though.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 21,015 mod
    @mheredge you were also very busy during your stay in Nepal, and the climate there is completely different. Fortunately you are now recovered! But perhaps there are already Nepalese prospects! Is it not?
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,349 mod
    mheredge said:

I slept through three alarms this morning! I think I am back on track now though.

Oh wow, you must have been very tired for that to happen. At least you are back on track now, though.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this moment I feel very good. I sleep better. It really helped me to leave my screen on time. I have started making watercolours again. It is a very relaxing hobby. Sorry that I don't come here so much anymore.
    I have to divide my time a bit, I know by now that I don't have any language talent, but it doesn't mean I stop learning English. See you later! ;)
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 21,015 mod
    @Michouxe if I read you comment about your painting talent I was thinking of Vincent Van Gogh, I like his paintings very much, and I received a copy from a friend whose hobby is also painting. It is a representation of his painting 'Irises' with the blue and green of the flowers and the pinkish of the earth and at the background a touch of orange. I love it very much.
  • Shishio13Shishio13 Posts: 145 ✭✭
    I really feel exhausted. All my body is in pain because yesterday I played four rounds of golf (36 holes). I think I walked almost thirty kilometres and my golf bag is not too light - yes I have to had to carry my clubs - and I didn't play too good also but it's ok because I have a lot of fun playing
  • VokVok Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭
    wow @Shishio13 , thirty killometres. How long did it take? I'm not sure I can walk so much. My personal record is twenty five and it took a whole day from dawn to dusk.
    edited March 13

mheredge said:

Oh wow, you must have been very tired for that to happen. At least you are back on track now, though.
    Actually I discovered the problem @GemmaRowlands. I had accidentally put my phone on silent. It took a couple of days to work out what had happened though!

I remember once walking about 40 miles (it was a sponsored walk), taking over 14 hours @Vok. It took me days to recover and was not something I would do again! @Shishio13 30 kilometres is a long way, especially when you are having to play golf as well. You must have been at it all day.
  • walterwalter Posts: 677 ✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands You are right. At the begging of Monday I was so sleepy, but how is day going I was becoming more alive. I think that reason for that, is because we are accustomed when weekend come to sleep longer.
    I went to bed a bit late last night @walter. I am feeling very lethargic today and I'm sure it is due to lack of sleep.
    Shishio13 said:

I really feel exhausted. All my body is in pain because yesterday I played four rounds of golf (36 holes). I think I walked almost thirty kilometres and my golf bag is not too light - yes I have to had to carry my clubs - and I didn't play too good also but it's ok because I have a lot of fun playing

That sounds like a lot of exercise considering I thought golf was supposed to be one of the more relaxing sports you could do!
    edited March 13
    Golf is very good exercise @GemmaRowlands as it involves a lot of walking. It certainly isn't a good sport to take up if you want to be sedate and not exert yourself.
    @Paulette said:

if I read you comment about your painting talent I was thinking of Vincent Van Gogh, I like his paintings very much, and I received a copy from a friend whose hobby is also painting. It is a representation of his painting 'Irises' with the blue and green of the flowers and the pinkish of the earth and at the background a touch of orange. I love it very much.

@Paulette - Of course I am not a Vincent Van Gogh. I am looking for my own style and in the meantime I throw a lot of bad paintings away. But I don't forget what a nurse said to me when I gave negative comments on the watercolours I made for my mother's room.
    "It doesn't always have to be perfect to be beautiful"!
    I am feeling very stupid today. Last week I swapped the speaking session from Friday to Thursday because I wasn't able to manage the Friday, so today I forgot that this had been a temporary measure and thought I was supposed to be taking a session this morning too! But don't worry folk, I'll be ready tomorrow.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,844 mod
    Great Marianne!
    @mheredge It can be. I feeling like you also when I sleep little. But I don`t have a habit to sleep during the day, no matter how much I tired. I more prefer in this situation to go on bed to sleep earlier than to sleep during the day.
    @Shishio13 I never played golf and I was thinking is golf an easy game. I did`t thinking how much kilometers players pass during a game and that he must to carry bag. I was only think that player swing with stick and knock ball.
    @Michouxe How weather passing and how I learning English almost every day I also started to think that I don`t have a talent for language. Actually I think that I achieved level of English max which I can to achieve with learning alone. If I want to success and increase my level of English, I think that I must to change way - approach of learning and to find a good teacher which could help me to achieve that goal.
    mheredge said:

Golf is very good exercise @GemmaRowlands as it involves a lot of walking. It certainly isn't a good sport to take up if you want to be sedate and not exert yourself.

Oh I know it's not easy as such, but I didn't realise that you could walk quite so far during a game!
    I'm feeling relived as tonight a neighbour helped me shift a lot of stuff that was cluttering up my garage. It is all piled up on the pavement waiting for the rubbish collectors to come tomorrow morning.
    A long time ago our community organised a rubbish collector regularly twice a year. I've no idea why they gave up. Now we have to take our stuff to the tip.

Perhaps people exaggerated it and put their stuff unsorted out there.

@walter said;

How weather passing and how I learning English almost every day I also started to think that I don`t have a talent for language. Actually I think that I achieved level of English max which I can to achieve with learning alone. If I want to success and increase my level of English, I think that I must to change way - approach of learning and to find a good teacher which could help me to achieve that goal.

@Walter, I started learning English for fun, not really with the goal of learning seriously. But now I sometimes want to stop by the bad result.I also improve everything I write down with a translation program. I'm probably much older than you and my memory isn't really perfect. I was also never a brilliant student in the past . But you can see that I am still here.
    I know it would indeed be better if I had a teacher or someone to converse with, but the problem is also that I don't dare to talk. (maybe fear of failure?)
    So I continue for fun! ;)
    Hermine said:

A long time ago our community organised a rubbish collector regularly twice a year. I've no idea why they gave up. Now we have to take our stuff to the tip.

Perhaps people exaggerated it and put their stuff unsorted out there.

There are lots of people near where I live who you can pay to take rubbish away, and it is very useful as it means you don't have to worry about it yourself.
    @Michouxe In the beginning I started learn English because I want to find at easier way better job. But now, I learning English only for fun. My goal to find better job is here surely but English now for me is not duty, to I must to know english perfectly if I want to find a new job. Now I learn English purely for fun, and at that way I unconscious learn English and I am going to meet my goal.
    Great @walter, good luck.
    I'm feeling relieved today. The huge pile of stuff - bits of wardrobe, a bed, a printer and bits of glass and marble have all miraculously disappeared from the corner of the road where I left them last night. I was worried that maybe the rubbish people from the town hall wouldn't come, but they were super-efficient.
    @walter - I love your mentality, I wish you lots off success to reach your goal.👍

• Shishio13Shishio13 Posts: 145 ✭✭
    @vok @mheredge I was playing from sunrise to sunset so it took me about twelve hours. Of course, I had some breaks to have dinner and breakfast. Because I don't play often when I do it I try to play as much I can :P

@walter I have played several sports along my life and trust me, golf is one of the hardest sports. It seem boring and simple but golf is a really complex game
  • VokVok Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭
    I am after a bussiness trip with a few colleagues of mine. I feel more refreshed today after two days of constant talking shop. Now I'm fully aware of hating being with my fellow colleagues for quite a long time. I much prefer it alone.
    Have you developed a love-hate relationship with them @Vok? Talking shop all the time can be incredibly boring except for real geeks perhaps.