Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How are you feeling today?

1226227228229230232»

Comments

• SarrafSarraf Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Today I was so busy, but right now at night after getting some rest I feel relieved.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,680 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping the weather will improve. I was woken by thunder and right now there's a storm outside. I have to go out this morning, so I hope it will have stopped raining by then.
    I was feeling a bit disappointed after having plans for today scuppered by the weather, but was considerably cheered up by spending a very enjoyable morning sketching before getting my bus home.
  • VokVok Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when the bad weather puts paid to my plans. I'm glad to hear that you managed to enjoy your morning nonetheless @mheredge .
    The weather forecast is so unreliable in this area. The coast and the mountains make it very fickle. I receive two messages a day for the weather in Nice and it is amazing how they are never in agreement - the temperature and timing is always completely different. And I am not sure that either is actually accurate too @Vok. My fingers are crossed for tomorrow morning when a few of us hope to go to the flower market in the old town to sketch. Again, one website says it won't be raining, while another suggests rain.
    This guy must have been over the moon when he had his valuable violin returned to him after leaving it on a train.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-50280238/musician-stephen-morris-shock-as-lost-250000-violin-returned

• VokVok Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge He must've been. Whoever returned him his violin apparently wasn't aware of its cost.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 23,526 mod
    I also think so, but I don't think the person who found the violin brought it back on it's on initiative ,it was after a message spread by the Britisch police that the man per twitter message give a reaction on it and, the violist got back the violin made in 1709 by David Tecchler, while the police was with him.
    Possibly @Vok and @Paulette. What it suggests however, is that the person who found it was not a criminal. A real thief would have found a way to make something out of it, even if it was a rare and valuable violin that could be tricky to sell.

I hope that he was given some kind of reward, though the interview did not mention this.
  • tomatoma Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Hi every one
    I have here the text from my homework I will be happy if someone or all reads and makes some chacks
    The text: Ok, Let's talk first about the car. There are some terms such as Lights; wipers; Radio; Telephone set; Air conditioning and Ignition. At first, Let's consider Lights. My voice command about light will be tarn on light, but before this, I think I need something preamble word that will be for my car start word to determine that I am starting commanding I prepare this word will be "My car" like this "My car" torn on lights. Anyway, my voice-command structure will be the sum of two parts first part of the command will be start word "MyCare" second part will be what exactly want I from my car. E.g. if I want to turn the radio, the command will be "MyCare-turn the radio. About telephone set "MyCare - set up the telephone".
    I have not a good idea about how will be this commands will be for computers but I think there also will be predictable words and predictable structure and rules to use the words as commands.
    toma said:

Hi every one

I have here the text from my homework I will be happy if someone or everyone reads it and makes some checks

The text: Ok, Let's talk first about the car. There are some terms such as lights; wipers; radio; telephone set; air conditioning and ignition. At first, Let's consider the lights. My voice command for light will be turn on the light, but before this, I think I need something initial word for my car to start. I prepare this command like "My car" and then "My car" 'turn on lights'. Anyway, my voice-command structure will be the sum of two parts: the first part of the command will start with "My Car," the second part will be what exactly I want from my car. E.g. if I want to turn on the radio, the command will be "My Car-turn on the radio. For the telephone set "My Car - set up the telephone".

I don't have any good ideas about how will be these commands will work for computers but I think there also will be predictable words and predictable structures and rules to use as commands.

@toma I hope this helps. Watch out for articles and capitals.
  • mandalaputramandalaputra Posts: 2
    good topic!
    i think i would say i am sad and hurt today.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 23,526 mod
    Who has hurt you @mandalaputra . I hope it will be over soon it isn't a fine feeling. Try to see a nice thing in your day, be happy about something you did. Be proud on yourself