Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Learn English in February

How are you feeling today?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 41,778 ✭✭✭✭
    And when you get back from holiday, planning the next one is a good cure for post-holiday blues @Nour .
  • HermineHermine Posts: 8,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I know the feelings of coming home from holiday and paper is about to crush you.
    And not to forget the work you have to finish before jumping into the pool.
    I always wished having a job where you leave and come back without finding additional labour.
    The end of a year was also a time where colleagues find the power to do up work they never found the time for. And to take stock was waiting.

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 24,732 mod
    edited December 2019
    <3 I am feeling happy because on this first day of Winter my grandson is born
    That's great @Paulette.

Here it's raining cats and dogs.
    Here the birds are chirping their dusk chorus. It's very musical.
  • anajshanajsh Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I'm feeling bored today. Due to Christmas vacation I don't have work for 2-3 days.
    From Saturday too cold weather here; I just want to sleep under blanket and don’t want to go to the office.
    In Sri Lanka there's no official public holiday on January first. However there were parties last night and lots of fireworks set off. Some can still be heard even today.
    I am feeling sleepy today.
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,305 mod
    Partying too hard @anajsh ?

I am feeling quite relaxed today. I have decided my 2020 resolution is to relax more.
    @Teach :D; Not too much because our party is always simple. Means we go out for dinner only. We don’t drink. But me and my kid watched programs of new year on the television late night.
    How was your celebration?
    I'm feeling extremely chuffed. I now have a five year visa for India. It allows my up to two visits per year, each for up to 180 days. It was very easy at the airport on arrival despite all my fears. I'm definitely going to make the most of it as one of the reasons I haven't been visiting India recently was to do with the hassle getting a visa.
    Well done, Marianne, and let us know all about your experiences and adventures there.
    Yesterday I explored the city a bit, jumping on a few buses and visiting a museum @Hermine. Today I found somewhere to get my mobile phone fixed, sorted out getting a local SIM card and walked around the big theme. Right now I seem to have attracted the attention of a rather nasty mosquito which I hope I can seat before it bites me any further. Unfortunately there's only one power point in the room and so I had to unplug the mosquito repellent. Tomorrow I am planning to visit a few more museums and a palace.
  • VokVok Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel more energetic than I thought yesterday I would today. I stayed up late yesterday finishing to watch a video on YT.
  • RomulRomul Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I felt surprised yesterday because of rain.
    In Moscow.
    In January.
    I feel good. I've just finished housework and gonna open the letter box in the hope my ordered book has arrived.
    I walked about ten kilometres yesterday to the forest project where I am staying for a couple of days. Unfortunately as it's the weekend they aren't planting any trees but it's giving me a good idea about the place and I may return for longer another time.
    I'm feeling very sad to be leaving India after such a great holiday here. Even worse, I arrive in the UK tomorrow on the first day they are no longer a member of the EU. :#
    Don't worry, Marianne, out of the comfort zone isn't a bad thing.
    It's got nothing to do with comfort zone @Hermine, it's just a very sad state of affairs. It's fairly evident that more people now would have chosen to remain, but that with all the misinformation, media coverage and probable external influences, not to mention self-seeking politicians, Britain has put itself in a very weak position economically and politically.
    Don't forget Marianne, you've got a second pillar and so has Lynne.
    I am feeling a bit tired this morning. I spent the night watching The Last Leg and chatting on Discord. I didn't get to bed until well past midnight, and my brain was in a whirl, so I read my book for over an hour.

@Romul

I guess it usually snows at this time of year.
    I feel happy because I again can welcome February, and every new day, month and year is a gift of Life.
    I'm feeling tired from the overnight flight. I didn't get very much sleep due to non-stop crying of babies sat all around me! Eventually I was able to move to the very back of the plane and got a couple of hours of sleep.
  • lisalisa Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, can you imagine? My skype is working normally now, it is weird, but I am so excited to find my skype is working well.
    @lisa - We don't use Skype much any more. Most of our sessions are run in Discord. Skype is used as a back up.
    Hello @lisa how are you doing? I am a bit scared for your because of all the bad news about the corona virus in China. Do you live nearby the Wuhan area?
    I am fed up of the weather. It has been raining for about 48 hours now. We had planned on going for a walk, but that is a wash out. There was a big storm last night that blew the garden furniture over, and some of the washing off the washing line.
    I think there is hope for you @Teach because the rain and the wind are arrived at my area, and there is a family party this afternoon!!!!
    Oh, sorry to hear that Paulette. It is not much better here. I hope your party goes well.