Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Do you believe in angels?

Comments

• christellechristelle Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It tells what do angels think of us, what are their roles towards human beings, what is their way of "life", and so on...
    @Zom
    It's rather Les Thanatonautes trilogy in fact.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In a nutshell, what do angels think of us @christelle?
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
    And what do they do also... @Zom
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I do :)
  • AlantikaAlantika Posts: 182 Inactive
    I think the angels have no desire other than to obey Almighty God. What do you think, @Zom , and @christelle also ?
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @christelle, actually I was asking you a question. I wanted to know what angels think of us in Werbers' books.

I think that I more into disobedience @Alantika, soI like to think that angels around me, if any, are a bit rebellious like me. It would make their life easier to deal with me. ;)
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
    so... why they called as angel? If... they are have a same attitude with a human? don't you think is that a bit weird, do you?
  • komikomi Posts: 421 Inactive
    Yes I believe in angels.
    You do not?
    >:)
    @Zom I have not finished the novel already. I just started to read it. ;)
    @Alantika I totally agree with you. I believe angels don't have desire like human beings, and that they have rules to follow and they just do it because they don't have free will like us.
    But there are dark angels as well ...
    Maybe they are those who don't follow their rules, and instead of becoming human beings, they stay angels but dark angels. ^^
    Well, I don't know, I may go too far ! Lol
    @christelle , I prefer to call the dark angel as... demon. ufufufufu.
    @Alantika I don't like using this word. It is said that when you pronunce it they just appear...
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭
    Is this like you mustn't say 'Lord Voltemort' @christelle?
    I don't know @mheredge , and I don't want to know. Lol
    I won't google it neither.
    I'm afraid of dark side, devils, and so on ...
    Ahahaha, yeah. Me too. But that's real.
    are you scared the ghost, @christelle ?
    I would like to meet a ghost @christelle. I'm not afraid of them. I think that if they exist, it's not because they are good or bad.
  • RomanRoman Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    There is a simple way that any supernatural being can get my full belief: Just give me the N /= NP demostration.
    someday you will surely see or experience it @Roman @mheredge , I'm sure they also want to see you. LOL

I've seen things like that (Indonesia is full of mystical things). But I'm not supernatural. I think everyone can feel it even though they are ordinary people.
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭✭
    Although I may want to meet them too, I hope they would not show up all of a sudden by my side. I do hope they know how to knock the door and say "hello", and I quite sure I won't open the door if I was alone.
  • RomanRoman Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    I hope they have some basic manners and that they don't like to spook people with their powers.
  • I do believe in Angels . Tey are in charge of cqrrying out God4s tasks , and they also protect us .
  • > @mouloudiabdelaali said:
    > I do believe in Angels . They are in charge of carrying out God's tasks , and they also protect us .
    >
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51 ✭✭
    yes i do beleive on angels.they exist and protect us...
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    I do think that angels exist, and I think that everybody has their own angel who watches over them. I believe that because I have had "feelings" every now and again that I'm not alone, and that there is somebody looking out for me, and I honestly think that it is the case for real. So yes, I do believe in them, and think that they are all around us - we're just not able to see them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Yes I believe angles
  • IngridgncIngridgnc Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I believe that there are good people in the world and that the really angel exist
    I agree @Ingridgnc. I have a friend who I'll be seeing in a couple of weeks who is a case in point.