Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget the calendar. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to check where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice
https://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Reading Practice
https://learn-english.online

Writing Practice on our forum and Discord server.

Listening Practice
Podcasts on Spreaker
https://www.spreaker.com/user/learnenglishnetwork
Videos on our YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/learnenglishnetwork

Where are you from?

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    It's a small world ;)
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,988 ✭✭✭✭
    Very @chica. I meet people all the time who know people I know or come from places I know very well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Hi, I'm from Germany. Someone else from Germany here, too?
  • seanyluvzseanyluvz Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Yup...living in Dusseldorf. und wie geht es dir? I really wanna learn German too ;)
    > @Helvio said:
    > I am not in a peaceful country. Sad but true.
    >
    > --
    >
    > mountain
    Hi,

what is your country??
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,238 mod
    Hi @manoj0001,

Are you asking @Helvio? He's not been here for a while.
    > @Lynne said:
    > Hi manoj0001,
    >
    > Are you asking Helvio? He's not been here for a while.

Hi Lynne,

oh i wanted to reply one of his comment.still i couldnt find the exact way how to reply to a comment. :( is this the correct way??
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,238 mod
    Yes, but try not to do it in the games. :wink:
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 Inactive
    HI @manoj0001, How are you?

I'm from Brasil.

And about you. Where are you from?

[quote="Lynne;44091"]Yes, but try not to do it in the games. :wink: [/quote]
    Games? :/
    [quote="Helvio;44096"]HI @manoj0001, How are you?

I'm from Brasil.

And about you. Where are you from?

[/quote]
    Sri Lanka. I like very much your football team. B)
    Where in Sri Lanka are you from @manoj001?
    @mheredge. My home town is Kandy.but I'm working in colombo. have you visited in Kandy when you visit here? have you visited the temple of the tooth? you could have if you were not :)
    May I know where are you from @mheredge.?? it seems you have really enjoyed visiting Sri Lanka.I read some of your comments and thank you for the admiring comments about my country. :)
    I grew up in the UK @manoj0001 but I'm also half French. I also have some Italian blood in me too.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    I am from Pakistan and I live in its capital Islamabad. It is the land of five gigantic rivers that spread all over the country. Since last decade, we have been victimized by the war on terror and consequently we suffered a lot economically, politically, socially, and psychologically. But , now Pakistan is prospering due to drastic changes in socio-political situation in Afghanistan.
    I have many things to share with you regarding my country but again it is like a step by step story that needs to be shared in bits and pieces. :)
  • mahmoodmahmood Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I live in Iran. I had chance to travel to other two countries, Azerbaijan and Georgia. what I can say is that my country is more developed that those two. incomparable.
    Between Azerbaijan and Georgia, which of the two is more developed @mahmood? I haven't been to Azerbaijan and it was a while ago when I visited Georgia. I have a couple of friends who have written guide books about both these countries.
  • shah51272shah51272 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    @mheredge are you a tourist? I guess from your comments.
  • shah51272shah51272 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    @seanyluvz you are from Germany and you don't know German language it's strange.
    @Everson I have written a report on Halal foods where I have mentioned top exporters and importers of the world. Now statistics would have been changed but in 2013, Brazil was top exporter of poultry all over the world. Do you know this?
    I didn't know @bubbli but it does not surprise me. Oftenly appears notices about increasing numbers on the prodution of chiken, and the consequent drop in prices. Do you like chiken?
    I like chicken @Everson, but I don't like the way that the majority are reared.
    edited April 2015
    @Everson Chicken the one of the most common diets in Pakistan. People use chicken more than vegetables or sometimes with vegetables. But these days there are many health awareness campaigns bringing awareness of health hazards due to frequent use of broilers chicken and cooking methods.
    @mheredge Is there any awareness campaign regarding broilers chicken in Nepal?
    Sorry but I didn't understand you @mheredge! You don't like the way that chiken is cooked? Wich way is the most common in the place you live?
  • dujiannantoridujiannantori Posts: 486 Inactive
    I was born in Harbin, china, right now i live in france, not far from paris. I hope one day i could work and live in Japan.
  • homanmihhomanmih Posts: 716 Inactive
    I am from Saint-Petersburg that is the culture capital of Russia. I think I could be a funny guide through unusual sites of this magic city. Are you ready?
    I don't have any problem with cooking chicken @Everson. But the way chickens are reared or brought up, in small cages or crowded together with hundreds of other birds is very cruel.

There are quite a lot of Chinese people in Japan @dujiannatori. I like Japan but I'm not sure if I would like being in the big cities if I lived there. I've never seen such huge urban areas before. Even London seems like a small town in comparison to Osaja for example.
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @homanmih A famous city of mathematicians and physicists. I am reading this: http://eulerarchive.maa.org/publications/journals/Commentarii.html
  • DreambigDreambig Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hi!! I am from Spain, I guess I am the only Spanish one in here!!
    I lived in Wales for a short period of time, five years ago. It was an incredible experience, but I would have loved to improve my English!!!