Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget the calendar. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to check where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice
https://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Reading Practice
https://learn-english.online

Writing Practice on our forum and Discord server.

Listening Practice
Podcasts on Spreaker
https://www.spreaker.com/user/learnenglishnetwork
Videos on our YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/learnenglishnetwork

Where are you from?

Comments

• srisinagasrisinaga Posts: 1
    hallo guys, i come from Indonesia. but now i live in Germany. does anybody ever been in Indonesia?
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    @insane13 where in Colombia do you come from? I'm planning to visit in the summer, to brush up on my very rusty Spanish. I used to have a Colombia Spanish teacher and I hear that Colombian Spanish is the best!

@Albertsas I have been to Madrid a few times, but usually just to eat, drink and chat with friends (and the modern art museum is one of the best).

Where in Indonesia do you come from @srisinaga? I visited East Java a couple of years ago and was very impressed by how nice it is there.
  • amnassamnass Posts: 6
    Hi everyone :) im from Malaysia. Malaysia is a very wonderful place for you to visit. It is highly recommended especially for food lovers. I am sure you going to love it

@srisinaga my family and I have been to Bandung, Indonesia . We had a lot of fun and we did a lot of shopping. We also enjoy variety kind of delicious food there
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,968 mod
    Hello @amnass! Nice to see you here. What are the tourist places in Malaysia? :)
  • amnassamnass Posts: 6
    @kindgnice nice to meet you here too. One of tourist places in Malaysia is the beautiful beaches. The water is so clear till we can see what inside it. Malaysia also popular with the eco-tourism for example Taman Negara which is the world's oldest rainforest and this is very suitable for nature lovers. Besides, at our capital city, Kuala Lumpur (KL) where Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) , one of the tallest building in the world is located and tourist always go for shopping, visit Aquaria, the world class aquarium for animal and marine life and lots more. Langkawi Island is also one of tourist attraction due to its beautiful beaches, world-class infrastructure, mangroves rich in flora and fauna, ultra- cheap duty-free shopping and fascinating legends. This is just to name a few out of many :)
    Great explanation of those tourist destinations from Malaysia. Now I know whom to ask once I get the chance to visit Malaysia. ;)
  • insane13insane13 Posts: 4
    @mheredge oh, blimey... you're right, Im live in Girardot, you know? really? u come to colombia? When will you come ? emm where will u stay ?
  • VovaVova Posts: 2
    Hello. I am from Ukraine. It is my first comment here. Do you know there are Shevchenko Andriy (footballer), Volodymyr Klychko, Lomachenko Vasyl (boxers) ukrainian too?
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, welcome @Vova I know Shevchenko is the famous player played at Chelsea FC. welcome to explore the forum .
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Hello. I am from Japan.
    Hi @Vova. I know shevchenko too. Do you know Hidetoshi Nakata (he is footballer too) whom I think he is the most famous football player in japan.
    Hello @Vova and @Kohei, I also tagged your LEO handles in New Members section. Hope you enjoyed it. ;)
  • VovaVova Posts: 2
    Yes, I know him. Previously, he played in Italy. Everybody knows Japan without famous football player. I mean your wide culture.

[As for me, Japan quote="Kohei;134563"]Hello. I am from Japan.
    Hi @Vova. I know shevchenko too. Do you know Hidetoshi Nakata (he is footballer too) whom I think he is the most famous football player in japan.[/quote]

[quote="Kohei;134563"]Hello. I am from Japan.
    Hi @Vova. I know shevchenko too. Do you know Hidetoshi Nakata (he is footballer too) whom I think he is the most famous football player in japan.[/quote]

[quote="Kohei;134563"]Hello. I am from Japan.
    I'm planning to come to Colombia in June @insane13. I can't wait.
  • rizgarrizgar Posts: 2
    Hello I am a new member and I am from Kurdistan and I want to chat with anyone know English.
    @rizgar wrote: »
    Hello I am a new member and I am from Kurdistan and I want to chat with anyone know English.

Welcome to LEO network my friend! Hope you enjoy exploring other sections of the forum. :)
    @rizgar can you tell us something about the place where you live? When you say Kurdistan, where exactly do you mean? I visited eastern Turkey once and nearly all the people I met were Kurds.
  • gioroldangioroldan Posts: 19 ✭✭
    I live in Ecuador, our country sufered a 7.8 earthquake 15 days ago... It´s a disaster
    > @Shehan Nonis said:
    > Hi,I'm from Sri Lanka and currently living in Malaysia.It's really disappointing that some of the people in Malaysia never heard of it.I had to tell them that it's located right under the India.

Sometimes it happens, almost the same for me in my case, my country is Ecuador. Have you ever heard about Ecuador?
    @gioroldan wrote: »
    I live in Ecuador, our country sufered a 7.8 earthquake 15 days ago... It´s a disaster

How are you now friend?
    > @Shehan Nonis said:
    > Hi,I'm from Sri Lanka and currently living in Malaysia.It's really disappointing that some of the people in Malaysia never heard of it.I had to tell them that it's located right under the India.

Sometimes it happens, almost the same for me in my case, my country is Ecuador. Have you ever heard about Ecuador?

Hope you are okay now in Ecuador...
    Thanks, the country is working hard to recover form this natural disaster...
    Thanks.
    Thanks, the country is working hard to recover form this natural disaster...

You're welcome Buddy. We'll pray for your country. :)
  • AddeRunnerAddeRunner Posts: 17 ✭✭
    @gioroldan - To witness an earthquake of that magnitude I can´t possibly imagine. You see a lot of natural disasters at the tv, but to be right in the middle of it has to be terrible.
  • AddeRunnerAddeRunner Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I am from Sweden, a country that is located in the north of Europe. It is a country that is built up by a huge amount of laws and regulations.

I am from Sweden, a country that is located in the north of Europe. It is a country that is built up by a huge amount of laws and regulations.

And that's the reason why it's economic growth is increasing annually. :)
    @gioroldan, hola! I am planning to visit Ecuador in July from Colombia. I will be flying to Quito and aim to travel back slowly to Colombia overland. Do you have any tips or recommendations?

I hope that you were not affected by the earthquake. I think it is important that people are not discouraged from visiting, like they were in Nepal.
    > @mheredge said:
    > @gioroldan, hola! I am planning to visit Ecuador in July from Colombia. I will be flying to Quito and aim to travel back slowly to Colombia overland. Do you have any tips or recommendations?
    >
    > I hope that you were not affected by the earthquake. I think it is important that people are not discouraged from visiting, like they were in Nepal.

Thanks @mheredge. Let me know in advance maybe I can help you while your staying in Ecuador. What kink of recommendations do you wanto to know?
    > @AddeRunner said:
    > @gioroldan - To witness an earthquake of that magnitude I can´t possibly imagine. You see a lot of natural disasters at the tv, but to be right in the middle of it has to be terrible.

Thanks @AddeRunner, I live in Quito Ecuador, I felt the earthquake but the real problem was aat the seaside of the country, more than 600 people died...
    > @kindgnice said:
    > I am from Sweden, a country that is located in the north of Europe. It is a country that is built up by a huge amount of laws and regulations.
    >
    > And that's the reason why it's economic growth is increasing annually. :)

@AddeRunner Laws, regulations and taxes well conducted and applied are Ok, finally you have have a lot of good public services.