Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Where are you from?

Comments

• homanmihhomanmih Posts: 716 Inactive
    It is absolutely right
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    @homanmih I like to be there for one reason and that is winter season.
    > @bubbli said:
    > homanmih I like to be there for one reason and that is winter season.

The best time visiting Sankt Petrsburg from May till July. It is very romantic time of white nights. The winter is very dark and unpleasant.
    edited April 2015
    @nikdero Venice is unlikly to sink due to the flooding but due to overcrowding by tourists. They might soon dirty up this magic city their muddy boots. You have to construct one more Venice, special for tourists or they might overwear it.

------------------

Venice is more likely to sink due to overcrowding by tourists rather than flooding. They might dirty up this magical city with their muddy boots. You have to construct another Venice, specially for tourists, or they might wear it out.
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited April 2015
    @homanmih but I like winter especially snowfall. I know Siberia is the coldest place there. Have you ever faced extremely hot weather there?
    @homanmih So where is the administration of Venice? They might have proper maintenance, because a number of tourists visit this place.
    @bubbli I fed up of overcrowded Rialto and SanMarco. But there are a lot of beautiful corners in the nothern part of Venice. I admire this wonderful city in the dusk.
    Sankt Petersburg is the most northerly capital. But the frost and snowfall isn't a problem,
    rather white cover make city more nice. Here are some attractive parks and palaces like Petergoff with wonderful sculptures and fountaines that unfortunately are covered by wooden boxes in the winter. And wild fierce russian bears are wondering along streets.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Hi, I'm from Ukraine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    @bubbli Thanks for your another comment to my post. I want to study further in China because I am studying actupuncture here in Japan. China is the origin of it and I want to learn both Japanese and Chinese style.
    edited April 2015
    @mitsu4stone This is quite interesting. So, you will be acupuncturist soon and hopefully I will get some treatment from you. :)
    Here in Pakistan, there are many acupuncture centers who are working very well. I have some initial information regarding it and I feel its really beneficial for many diseases.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,680 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been staying in Osaka @mitsu4stone. I'm in Tokyo now and will go back to Osaka tomorrow for the last couple of days before I head to China. The Japanese people are perhaps the kindest people I have ever encountered. I only wish I could stay longer. Next time....

@nikdero, what can I say? Venice is so lovely. I've only been a couple of times, but I went once in the winter and loved the misty waters and lack of crowds.
  • DreambigDreambig Posts: 13 ✭✭
    > @bubbli said:
    > Dreambig Spain-Bull fighting. You must have enjoyed it as its worldwide famous.

Bubbli to be honest, I hate bullfighting. I am from the North of Spain, where bullfighting is not very popular. I prefer to kill animals to survive better than doing it just for fun. But anyway, I do respect everybody's opinion. :smiley:
    @Dreambig I like your approach and I think with passage of time many others will realize this.
    edited April 2015
    @bubbli Many people has already realized about it, but some others still think that this is tradition. In Cataluña, they have already forbidden it, but just there. Perhaps in a few years we will be talking about how great the change was...
    @bubbli, @Dreambig Every acupuncturist can combine his doctor skills with dream of someday being a bullfighter, can't he?
    @homanmih Sure he can, of course, so he can also go right to the hospital hahahaha
    @Dreambig There are a lot of holidays and vacation days in Spain. What is your favorite?
    Do Spaniards really respect their siestas?
    To be honest, the first thing I did when you asked me so was searching for it in google, because I wasn's sure. First of all, I would like to say that not everything is as it seems to be. The truth is that we do have a lot of religious festivities, what can I say? We are a really religious country jajajajajaja. I have no favourite, I love them all.

And I think that siestas are not that common. Havent you ever get some sleep in the evening? Never? Ever? We do it, but perhaps not more than the rest of the people around the world. As the old Spanish saying goes: "Coge fama y échate a dormir"
    Anyway, where are you from??? >:)
    I'm from Sankt Petersburg, Russia. It's on the right to Barselona, a little further North.
    We have not here La Tomatina, because we have not enough tomatous. But we have a lot of snow balls and your tomato fight we are transforming in snow fight. It's very similar.
  • MOHSENMOHSEN Posts: 114 ✭✭
    I am from Iran,but currently I live in Azerbaijan as an masters student
    I do not have any problems related to language here because they speak Turkish and it is my native
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    My country is themost amazing country in the world .Hi everyone i am from Indonesia and know I study in Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology focused in Department of electrical engineering .Perhaps oll of you want to discuss everything about Indonesia as my country now and also you can discussing with me about something that related to my filed study such as renewable energy potensial in Indonesia .Thank you
    @chica I think krakow is a wonderful place .It has been proven by my friend when she came to polandia to join geography international olympiade last year .
  • ManLearnerManLearner Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    hi @ghufronfawaid , welcome to this forum
    I love Indonesia, as i have many friends from there.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,680 ✭✭✭✭
    What little I saw of Indonesia @ghufronfawaid makes me want to return. I vvisited East Java a couple of years ago. I spent a couple of days in Bali (very touristy and not as interesting as East Java). Where is your college? You're certainly studying a very relevant and important subject area.
    My college located in the capital of East Java ,Surabaya [email protected] actually which city that you visited when you had a vacation in East Java ?
    Hi ManLearner , I would feel happy if you want to come to my country ,specially in East Java where I live there
    @ghufronfawaid I also want to visit Indonesia but it seems difficult in near future.