My top 10 idiom in english, what 's yours?
1. Piece of cake – means that something is very easy to complete
2. Costs an arm and a leg – means that something is very expensive
3. Break a leg – means good luck
4. Hit the books – means to study
5. When pigs fly – means that something will never happen
6. Judge a book by its cover – means that you should not decide upon something based just on its appearances.
7. Bite off more than you can chew – means to take on a task that is too much for you to handle.
8. Cut corners – means to do something badly or cheaply.
9. A hot potato - means a hot topic which many people disputed about
10.Keep something at bay - means to keep something away