Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Learn English in March

The rules of learning English, that my English teachers didn't follow

TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Let's Practise and Learn
Tagged:

Comments

• syeconosyecono Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I followed all the rules when I started to learn English, but It's not always, sometimes following the rules are not good and it's a little difficult to apply it.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 42,438 ✭✭✭✭
    English language doesn't always follow the rules @syecono. You should be adaptable!
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the adaptability is the main rule of learning new language, @mheredge :smile:

Guys, what are you learning about English language, that's exciting for you?
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    for me following the rules especially in speaking english is not an appropriate and effective method, because sometimes when we speak to someone we always think of the rules and then pause " did i say it right"? for me it comes naturally and the best effective way is to speak , listen more often, communicate .. native english speakers when they were a kid didnt follow any rules it comes naturally ..
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    @Jehoiakim I think in spoken English people hardly follow any rules. :)
  • PawelZybulskijPawelZybulskij Posts: 22 Inactive
    I like that man. I saw all of his podcasts in youtube, he speaks clear and he is easy to be understanded. Also he talks about interesting thing that is about how to improve your motivation.
This discussion has been closed.