Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Do you visit art galleries?

Comments

• faiz49faiz49 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    > @Bubbly said:
    > @mheredge but don't you think it could become another strength of Nepal from tourism point of view? I found few art and craft on Google related to Nepal.

how nice that is, it must be expensive, must not it ?
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    @faiz49 yes. Antique things are usually expensive. :)
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,966 mod
    edited April 2016
    faiz49 said:

> @Fatimag said:

> If I have some spare time, I would like to visit art galleries. I am really interested to art works. When I see them, I really enjoy myself. Art galleries help to look at things at different angle. They give us new ideas. New ideas may not be necessarily artistic. You can use those ideas in a practical way. For example, a couple of month ago I went to a museum. I saw a chair made with some useless clothes. That was very inserting idea. I found out how cool we can reuse things that we don't want them anymore.

that was great. a country will be really clean if any trash always is reduced :)

I believe I have to share one of the Puzzle galleries, and which I'm proud to say, awarded by Guinness as Largest Collection of Jigsaw Puzzles of Any Size, Shape or Form

It's more fun in the Philippines... :smiley:
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    @kindgnice I very much wish that I was a rich kid! Unfortunately this isn't the case!
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    @GemmaRowlands :smile:
    Unfortunately, I don't have. But seeing a picture is not as good as seeing the real thing from close.
    edited April 2016
    Fatimag wrote: »
    @GemmaRowlands :smile:
    Unfortunately, I don't have. But seeing a picture is not as good as seeing the real thing from close.

@Fatima: Perhaps you wanna visit art galleries here in Philippines? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    iam not interested in this kind of things
    @kindgnice I very much wish that I was a rich kid! Unfortunately this isn't the case!

Me too @GemmaRowlands. Let's have our goal now, let's strive hard to be rich and help less fortunate people around the world! ;)
    mc5warlord wrote: »
    iam not interested in this kind of things

It's okay @mc5warlord, we understand. ;)
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,740 ✭✭✭✭
    I visited Jim Thompson's House this morning. I had been there 18 years ago and remembered it as a highlight of Bangkok. My memory did not deceive me at all, and it seemed all the better this time around.

http://jimthompsonhouse.com/life/index.asp
    @mheredge: Can you share us some photos of it my friend? ;)
    Gemma, you can be rich in many ways. It is not all about money. :)

kindgnice I very much wish that I was a rich kid! Unfortunately this isn't the case!

There is a cultural exhibition in our city these days. I couldn't get a chance to visit it due to my work. But, here are few pictures from the art gallery.

edited April 2016
    https://cdn.theculturetrip.com/images/56-196852-2.lightandspace-ill.jpg

Set up by brothers Jason and Joseph Tecson in 2010, Light and Space Contemporary is a youngster in comparison to some of Manila’s other galleries. Emitting an abundance of energy, their enthusiasm for contemporary artistic practice and experimentation is infectious. The gallery collaborates with other creative establishments to explore the cross section between art, theater and film, and expands on dialogues between social, cultural and artistic backgrounds.
  • homanmihhomanmih Posts: 716 Inactive
    If I look at these horses, I could hear clatter of hoofs and feel of counter wind, I will move straight ahead with them. It's wonderful dynamic picture.
    homanmih said:

If I look at these horses, I could hear clatter of hoofs and feel of counter wind, I will move straight ahead with them. It's wonderful dynamic picture.

Nice interpretation of the paintings. :) @homanmih
    I like the bottom picture best @Bubbly.
    @homanmih it seems that you like horse riding. :)
    @mheredge I also like the bottom one. It is amazing!
    @Bubbly that is so true, and I suppose that with my friends and family I am very "rich" indeed.
    @GemmaRowlands even I have seen many artists and painters who are living below the poverty line but their work is the reflection of an unlimited creativity.
    I have just recommended the Jim Thompson House to a Chinese girl staying at the hostel. It was a highlight of my visit to Bangkok when I came 18 years ago and I can say it was one of the highlights of this trip too.
    @mheredge said:

I have just recommended the Jim Thompson House to a Chinese girl staying at the hostel. It was a highlight of my visit to Bangkok when I came 18 years ago and I can say it was one of the highlights of this trip too.

Do you also make your personal diary of places you visited? :)
    Due to cultural events in Islamabad these days, I found one interesting event that is to exhibit the paintings made by local artists. I must appreciate the organizers who thought about it. It will give a great encouragement to the poor artists to share their work and get some benefits out of it.

MO space
    As a converted warehouse, MO’s adaptable space lends itself aptly to contemporary installations, performances and video pieces. MO space has been pioneering contemporary art since 2007 and focuses on its essence as opposed to potential financial gain. The space is led by artists and exhibits regular solo and group shows which contribute towards the expansion of contemporary art from the Philippines.
    @Bubbly yes this is true, unfortunately being an artist isn't always about the financial gain, but more about the love of the art itself.
    @GemmaRowlands I know that appreciation matters a lot for these people as compared to money.
    edited April 2016

1335 Mabini
    1335 Mabini is a contemporary art gallery and multi-disciplinary space that fosters connections between local and international, emerging and established artists. With its cross-cultural focus, it’s no surprise that this gallery has exhibited work by leading international artists, in addition to representing well-known Filipino artists, such as Poklong Anading, Jeona Zoleta, and Catalina Africa. The gallery is set in a beautiful colonial building in Ermita, a historic area of Manila that was founded in the 16th century. Aside from exhibitions, the gallery also hosts regular workshops, lectures, and an artist-in-residence programme.[/i]
    Nice is well located for a lot of art galleries as many of the Impressionist artists lived in and around the area. Both Chagall and Matisse has their houses just ten minutes or so walk away from my place and Picasso stayed a while in Antibes, also not far away.
    @mheredge what kind of artistic work is available there? Do they promote local artists as well?