Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Do you visit art galleries?

Comments

• abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,030 Inactive
    @kindgnice Thank you :smile:
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    May be I will visit one of the art galleries by the end of this month where calligraphy work will be displayed. I am really fond of Islamic calligraphy and in a near future, I am going to learn it properly.
    @Bubbly All the very best I know its really tough but I also know its you who can do this...
    If we are passionate for something we can do anything....(But in limits which is possible) :lol:
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,964 mod
    Fruit puzzles :)
    EUuL4bA.jpg
    @abhishekb9099 thanks for your words. I think that if I am passionate about something, I do it no matter what. I have shared with you in the ESC about my wish to learn calligraphy. I will take admission, once I will be free from my studies by the end of this year.
    @Bubbly I am waiting for the day... and hopefully I would like to learn from you.. later on probably...
    @abhishekb9099 sure. I will start another club where I will teach art to people. ;)
    @Bubbly Will wait for that day
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,964 mod
    Italy's Dolomites Puzzle

KiO4HyQh.jpg
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    @kindgnice wow, thank you for sharing your photos. It looks as though you had an amazing time!
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,680 ✭✭✭✭
    I visited an art gallery today in Iasi 's Palace of Culture that has just reopened after years of renovation work. It was small, but very good.
    I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the gallery @mheredge and it is great that they have been able to reopen!
    It's a massive building @GemmaRowlands. I'm not sure if they are using a tiny fraction of it for the museums. I guess that the EU helped find the restoration. I was interested to see the cycle lanes and 'yellow' bicycles (like the blue bicycles in France and 'Boris' bikes in London) were supported by EU funding. Much as everyone likes to criticise the EU, they do a lot of good too.
    Yes they do @mheredge and that is something that I will have to think a lot about in the coming month, as we are soon to make the decision about whether to stay in the EU or leave it!
  • dina_s97dina_s97 Posts: 2
    I would love to visit art galleries and I'm definitely and art lover. Unfortunately, there aren't many art galleries where I live.
    On the other hand, today you really don't have to live in a center of culture. Everything is available online. So, I think visiting art galleries has more of a social function, and for some people it's sadly an opportunity to show off.
    dina_s97 said:

I would love to visit art galleries and I'm definitely and art lover. Unfortunately, there aren't many art galleries where I live.

On the other hand, today you really don't have to live in a center of culture. Everything is available online. So, I think visiting art galleries has more of a social function, and for some people it's sadly an opportunity to show off.

It is a shame that there aren't many galleries for you to visit near where you live. Perhaps in the future you will be able to plan a trip so that you are able to go and see one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I don't and wouldn't even if somebody paid me to go there.

I don't and wouldn't even if somebody paid me to go there.

Have you ever been to one? You might be surprised. There are all different types of galleries with different types of art, and you could find that you actually really like one!
    @GemmaRowlands yeh, i was several times in the past. All the same, nothing good, nothing interesting. Maybe I visited the wrong galleries, but what I saw wasn't awesome. I love art, but there's so much I can find on the internet, no need to visit an art gallery to see some paintings. Any kind of art there is, can be found on the web. Where i would like to go is the Organ Hall. I've never been to one, but i very much want to.

@GemmaRowlands yeh, i was several times in the past. All the same, nothing good, nothing interesting. Maybe I visited the wrong galleries, but what I saw wasn't awesome. I love art, but there's so much I can find on the internet, no need to visit an art gallery to see some paintings. Any kind of art there is, can be found on the web. Where i would like to go is the Organ Hall. I've never been to one, but i very much want to.

Well that's fair enough, as long as you have tried them! I suppose not everybody has the same tastes, so you can find what you're interested in elsewhere.
    @SovereignSun what is your area of interest in Arts especially in fine Arts?
    In fine Art it's music and poetry and 3D-modelling artwork (I don't suppose it's fine Art, but anyway). Music is my prior art, As a musician I can listen to, analyse and talk about music at a high level. Poetry as a part of music (lyrics and texts). And 3D-modelling artwork was my hobby once. I studied 3D Studio Max, Maya and Rhinoceros, later Blender a little. Theater, Opera, architecture or sculpture aren't my favs. About painting... I love it when you see a painting that is so much real that you urge to think it's real. If it's an apple then it should look like a real apple so you want to take it and eat it.
    @SovereignSun quite impressive. I hope that we will listen to your voice in our Skype sessions soon. :)
    @Bubbly I seldom sing. We are going to have a concert soon, if we get a video recording, I'll post it here. I hope I can post videos.
    @SovereignSun you need more points to post videos here. For that please take part in discussions regularly.
    @Bubbly I do, but I don't have much vacant time.

@Bubbly I do, but I don't have much vacant time.

We enjoy hearing from you whenever you can! By the way, it is referred to as "free time" rather than "vacant time" :).
    @GemmaRowlands it may also be 'spare time'. :)
  • basem6689basem6689 Posts: 8
    hello
    Today might be a good day to see some of Bottero's scuptures. I think some of these works adorn the City of London, at Broadgate. They are colossal statues, many of which are very fat women!

http://wikitravel.org/en/File:DSC05718.JPG