Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the merry month of May
When green leaves begin to spring,
Little lambs do skip like fairies,
Birds do couple, build, and sing.
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
May
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Housework

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 38,241 ✭✭✭✭
    Poor little thing @Hermine. How old do you think she is? I hope she is house-trained. Do you have a photo you can share with us?
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,844 mod
    @Marianne, sorry, no photo at the moment, the poor thing is not older than 2 months. It is a bundle of apprehension.
    Although she has not lived in a house is she using the toilet we prepared for her.
    At the moment she is in the corner behind a sofa, where we can`t reach her.
    Bonus correction @Hermine: Although she has not lived in a house before, she is using the toilet we prepared for her.

I'm sure she'll come out of her shell when she gets used to her new home.
    Today is a hard day for my second daughter. The cat is still hiding. We can`t find her. The food bowl is untouched.
    My daughter has to learn for a math test, but the thought of not finding the cat makes her unable to look down at her notebooks and study.
    edited November 2014
    The job of cooking is done, my girls hanging around with their books, laptops and so on. My little girl has a spare time, because she broke her little left finger in an exercise in the gym.The doc fixed the finger and wound a bandage around the ring finger and little finger until the swollen has gone back, just then will she get a plaster.

-------------------------

The cooking is done, and my girls are hanging around with their books, laptops and so on. My little girl has some spare time, because she broke her little left finger during an exercise in the gym. The doc fixed the finger and wound a bandage around the ring finger and little finger until the swelling has gone down, after that will she have it put in plaster.
    Post edited by Teach on
    I hope your little girl's finger gets better soon @Hermine. That will get her out of doing any housework for a while at least!
    @Marianne, housework? She denies doing housework. Or was it homework you wantend to say?
    Her instruments are having a rest too, the guitare and fluit are sitting and waiting.
    edited November 2014
    Do you mean that she never does housework @Hermine? Is she right-handed? Is it the little finger on her right hand?
    @Marianne, the injured finger is on the left hand. The word `never` would be too strict, but she is not particularly amused when I command her something to do.
    Is she lefthanded @Hermine? If not, then surely she should still be able to do most things without any problems.
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,025 mod
    @mheredge‌ I hope @Hermine's daughter doesn't read this. She won't be very impressed. If you can't get out of doing housework, what's the point of having a broken finger? :smiling_imp:
    Any excuse @Lynne. But from the sounds of things, she doesn't do any anyway!
    edited December 2014
    She even doesn`t aruge over the Jobs.

-------------------------

She doesn`t even argue over the chores.
    Post edited by Teach on
    Do you mean that she just gets on and does as she's told @Hermine, or she doesn't say anything and totally ignores you?

I'm a bit fed up with the slobs who are my flatmates. They leave their dirty pans out and don't wash up their dishes.
    @Marianne, she gets deaf when I tell her.
    I mean I was the same (sometimes). There was an elder sister and I was the youngest. When you are the youngest you will stay longer small. :)
    I have heard that this is so @Hermine (being an older sister, I think this was a problem with my younger sister). I read that the youngest is often able to charm their way through life. They can also be quite manipulative as they have to find ways to get their way with their older brothers and sisters.

Selective deafness - a very common teenage problem!
    edited November 2014
    @The defenition is pretty good and I admitt she suffers under that. Or do I suffer of not doing the Job.
    I'm trying to sort things out that been in storage which might be useful when I go to India in a few day. You never know when those little accessories like a wine stopper, a zest peeler, hand mixer and a nut cracker might come in handy.
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,025 mod
    My mum stopped tidying our rooms when she decided we were old enough to do it for ourselves. My room was very, very messy. :smile: She left it that way. :wink:

It's funny, because I am quite tidy nowadays.

@Hermine, have you read / listened to this week's news round up. It has bad news about housework.

http://www.english-magazine.org/english-reading/english-news-round-up/3488-news-round-up-124
    edited December 2014
    @Lynne, amatsu`s remark: `Surely true`.
    Thank you for giving me this link. Does amatsu often read articels out from newspapers?
    My flatmate is an adult in his 20s and still leaves his room looking like a bomb has exploded. I wonder if he'll ever outgrow being so untidy @Lynne.
    I wish I would ever have been that. Even as a child I liked my room tided up. You will have more from your life without thinking about having everything orderly.
    edited December 2014
    I just foiled our cat from doing her business under the kitchen bench. I ran with her down the cellar to her proper toilet and put her in. She did it there and tried to hide it by pileing the sand with her paws. I stroked her and said how good she is. My husband got the order to make a further toilet and to place it a bit closer to the first floor.
    Good cat. She'll learn @Hermine. I'm looking forward to seeing the college cats tomorrow when I get back to Dharamsala. But they're all feral and live outside.
    Today I bought a second toilet at a DIY shop. My husband is in Salzburg with our second daughter, but not for seeing Karl Lagerfeld *) no, rather than for doing special exercises. And this area is at the edge of Salzburg.
    *)I am not sure if you have heard of Lagerfeld and his crew is or was in Salzburg to introduce his latest spring/summer collection 2015.
    I do not know how to translate `Trachten`but perhaps you know what I mean.
    A second toilet @Hermine? Is it a replacement or are you building a second bathroom?
    @Marianne, when I say `second toilet`I meant having a further cat`s tray.
    ..we would need a second bathroom, but not for the cat and I won`t have a toilet in the bathroom.
    My husband is lighting fire everywhere in the house and the cat is besinde him doesn`t go off of his sole.