Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How do you like to spend your money?

1235»

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,702 ✭✭✭✭
    Generally I do, as they have so much knowledge about the things to see that when you are in a place for a short time, this is the best way to not miss the most important sights @Bubbly. Plus local knowledge is always so interesting and even with the best guide book, you can't beat a local guide.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    I am also in the favour of having guide especially in remote areas as it helps us to save time and money. @mheredge
    when will you visit Pakistan?
    I hear that it's now possible to get a visa on arrival @Bubbly, which makes this much easier. Is it safe for tourists to visit? I have a friend who is very keen to visit too.
  • walterwalter Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Lot of money which I earn I spend on food. I very like to eat. Sometimes I prefer helthy food, and that means one period I buy organic food. But usally I eat everything and I not much care what I eat. But when stop and thinking about food which I eat I realise that I in most causes eat junk food, and that means I eat fast food a lot. When I realise that I eat junk food a lot, I start to eat health food, but unfortunately that no take a long. Fortunately I train often and yet seem fit. Though I realy fear what will be in future then if I stop to train.
    I'm like you, I like spending money on food. Today I bought some flax seeds and some porridge oats - both very healthy foods and both very cheap!
  • Sophie99Sophie99 Posts: 8 Inactive
    I want to learn whatever I'm enthusiastic with. I live in a developing country and our educational system doesn't meet the demands of student and their parents. That's why we spend a large amount of money to study overseas and many of them struggle to find jobs and live the rest of their life in strange countries. I don't have intention to immigrate, but I desire to study and to discover culture. That's a vibrant life!
    Good luck @Sophie99.
  • raphaelvieirarjraphaelvieirarj Posts: 14 Inactive
    Hello, folks. I like to spend my money with food.
    When it's possible I spend my money with travels and with gadgets like video games, laptops and smartphones. I have a friend spend all his money with technology. He has a smart watch, a expensive smart phone. He bought a mechanichal keyboard, a super mouse and he has a ultimate model of a notebook and graphical cards. I would like to spend more money with thecnological things, but I have family to support and at this moment I can't. :|
    I prefer not to have to spend money on technical gadgets but like you, on food and travel. When I travel I particularly like to try out local food. My souvenirs from a few days in Marseille were bottles of olive oil and spices!
  • raphaelvieirarjraphaelvieirarj Posts: 14 Inactive
    @mheredge where are you from? If I had an opportunity to visit France, England or Spain, I would spend some money to watch some soccer game of PSG ,Man Utd or Real Madrid. I love soccer. I watched a quarter-final match between France and Germany in The World Cup here in Brazil in 2014. The tickets were expensive, but worth it.
    I haven't been to a football match for a long time @raphaelvieirarj. I live in France, where I don't think football is followed quite so avidly as it is in the UK.
    Sounds crazy but these days I spend money on buying new international brands of coffee and shoes. :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    Bubbly said:

Sounds crazy but these days I spend money on buying new international brands of coffee and shoes. :)

If you enjoy those things, it doesn't sound crazy at all. I think we should always try to put some money aside to buy some things that make us happy.
    I am the same at the moment @Bubbly, though my shoes have all been trainers, walking shoes or canvas casual shoes lately. Today I bought a packet of coffee from Tanzania. I have a favourite Peruvian one which I alternate with others that I buy to try out. Unfortunately I can't get the Nepali coffee that I like the most as it isn't exported anywhere.
    Tanzanian coffee is quite good. When I was in KSA, I got a chance to taste it once. @mheredge
  • bfluentmanishbfluentmanish Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    I like to spend my money in travelling and buying different varieties of foods.
    I also like to buy new clothes.
    I'm back to the Peruvian one from Carrefour @Bubbly. Do you have any Carrefour supermarkets in Islamabad? They usually have a good selection of coffees from many countries.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod

I like to spend my money in travelling and buying different varieties of foods.

I also like to buy new clothes.

I think travelling is a great way to spend your money, as visiting new places will leave you with memories that last forever.