Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Learn English in February

How do you like to spend your money?

1235»

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 41,806 ✭✭✭✭
    Generally I do, as they have so much knowledge about the things to see that when you are in a place for a short time, this is the best way to not miss the most important sights @Bubbly. Plus local knowledge is always so interesting and even with the best guide book, you can't beat a local guide.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    I am also in the favour of having guide especially in remote areas as it helps us to save time and money. @mheredge
    when will you visit Pakistan?
    I hear that it's now possible to get a visa on arrival @Bubbly, which makes this much easier. Is it safe for tourists to visit? I have a friend who is very keen to visit too.
  • walterwalter Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    Lot of money which I earn I spend on food. I very like to eat. Sometimes I prefer helthy food, and that means one period I buy organic food. But usally I eat everything and I not much care what I eat. But when stop and thinking about food which I eat I realise that I in most causes eat junk food, and that means I eat fast food a lot. When I realise that I eat junk food a lot, I start to eat health food, but unfortunately that no take a long. Fortunately I train often and yet seem fit. Though I realy fear what will be in future then if I stop to train.
    I'm like you, I like spending money on food. Today I bought some flax seeds and some porridge oats - both very healthy foods and both very cheap!
  • Sophie99Sophie99 Posts: 8 Inactive
    I want to learn whatever I'm enthusiastic with. I live in a developing country and our educational system doesn't meet the demands of student and their parents. That's why we spend a large amount of money to study overseas and many of them struggle to find jobs and live the rest of their life in strange countries. I don't have intention to immigrate, but I desire to study and to discover culture. That's a vibrant life!
    Good luck @Sophie99.
  • raphaelvieirarjraphaelvieirarj Posts: 14 Inactive
    Hello, folks. I like to spend my money with food.
    When it's possible I spend my money with travels and with gadgets like video games, laptops and smartphones. I have a friend spend all his money with technology. He has a smart watch, a expensive smart phone. He bought a mechanichal keyboard, a super mouse and he has a ultimate model of a notebook and graphical cards. I would like to spend more money with thecnological things, but I have family to support and at this moment I can't. :|
    I prefer not to have to spend money on technical gadgets but like you, on food and travel. When I travel I particularly like to try out local food. My souvenirs from a few days in Marseille were bottles of olive oil and spices!
  • raphaelvieirarjraphaelvieirarj Posts: 14 Inactive
    @mheredge where are you from? If I had an opportunity to visit France, England or Spain, I would spend some money to watch some soccer game of PSG ,Man Utd or Real Madrid. I love soccer. I watched a quarter-final match between France and Germany in The World Cup here in Brazil in 2014. The tickets were expensive, but worth it.
    I haven't been to a football match for a long time @raphaelvieirarj. I live in France, where I don't think football is followed quite so avidly as it is in the UK.
    Sounds crazy but these days I spend money on buying new international brands of coffee and shoes. :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    Bubbly said:

Sounds crazy but these days I spend money on buying new international brands of coffee and shoes. :)

If you enjoy those things, it doesn't sound crazy at all. I think we should always try to put some money aside to buy some things that make us happy.
    I am the same at the moment @Bubbly, though my shoes have all been trainers, walking shoes or canvas casual shoes lately. Today I bought a packet of coffee from Tanzania. I have a favourite Peruvian one which I alternate with others that I buy to try out. Unfortunately I can't get the Nepali coffee that I like the most as it isn't exported anywhere.
    Tanzanian coffee is quite good. When I was in KSA, I got a chance to taste it once. @mheredge
  • bfluentmanishbfluentmanish Posts: 328 Inactive
    I like to spend my money in travelling and buying different varieties of foods.
    I also like to buy new clothes.
    I'm back to the Peruvian one from Carrefour @Bubbly. Do you have any Carrefour supermarkets in Islamabad? They usually have a good selection of coffees from many countries.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod

I like to spend my money in travelling and buying different varieties of foods.

I also like to buy new clothes.

I think travelling is a great way to spend your money, as visiting new places will leave you with memories that last forever.