Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget the calendar. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to check where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice
https://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Reading Practice
https://learn-english.online

Writing Practice on our forum and Discord server.

Listening Practice
Podcasts on Spreaker
https://www.spreaker.com/user/learnenglishnetwork
Videos on our YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/learnenglishnetwork

New members - Introductions

TeachTeach Your TeacherHomePosts: 10,223 mod
edited October 2014 in New Members
Lynne_Hand

Well, if you don't know already, my name is Lynne. Yes, it's my real name. Some of you might know me as Your Teacher.

I've been running the Learn English Network since 1999.

I'm not actually learning English, I'm kind of helping you to learn it.

I am however learning German. I've been learning German for about 10 years, but it's still driving me nuts, which is why I am so patient with English learners.

So, what about you?
Post edited by Teach on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2014
    good say

---------------

Well said.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • Hashi23Hashi23 Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm Hashi from Srilanka. I have been learning English since my preschool.
    But in here I rarely get the chance to use English, as our native language is Sinhaleese.
    So I was seeking for somebody's help to improve my English. Fortunately I have found this place.
    So, I hope this forum could help me to improve my English knowledge.
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 5,394 mod
    Welcome to the forum, Hashi23.
    Keep on exploring. This forum contains pretty much more!

Good luck! :)
    "Like rain, I fell for you."
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Hello everyone,

My name is Marcela, I am from the Czech Republic.

I was learning English at school, but I didn´t like English too much in those days, and so about three years ago I started to learn English again...

Now I like reading English books and I also need English at my work, and so I would like to improve my English.
  • Hello @Marge‌,

I hope you enjoy using your English. Welcome.
    Hello everbody

First, I would like to wish everyone a happy new year.
    I live in Hungary (East Europe).I'm studying English since about March.
    I want to further develop my English.I hope you can help me.
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FeRa *I have been studying English since about March.

Good luck. :)
  • bbjavbbjav Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    > @amatsuscribbler said:
    > Hello Lynne This looks very posh and lovely!
    I also believed that it has a lot of options that makes it so posh!
  • bbjavbbjav Posts: 4
    I am Javier Casas, I am into learning English so bad that I got here, well I'd like to have friends who share the same intereset about learning English, I learned English when I was 14 to 15 years old, I lived at USA for that period so right now I am into learning French still I want to improve my English skills the more I can, right now I am 25
  • YisuaYisua Posts: 1
    Hi everyone! My name is Yisua, I´ve been learning English since I was a kid, I´m 23 years old, unfourtunetely I didn´t practice my English in the past few years but now I want to improve it a lot!
    I studied Food Chemistry at college, and I wanna do a master degree at the US, so I will make my better effort to improve the language.
    My native language is spanish
  • homahoma Posts: 2
    hello every body. im new here :)
  • FarooqFarooq Posts: 2
    Hi everyone. I hope all of you had great fun in holidays.

My name is Farooq and my native language is Urdu. I have studied all my curriculum in English since 5th standard. So I have been learning English from more than 10 years.

I need to learn English to speak more fluently and confidently, to read books and learn a lot, to write concisely and concretely and to listen effectively.

I am really thankful to all teachers, sponsors and participants of this forum who has invested a lot in developing this site and forum.

I look forward to have great time with all of you. Take care. :)
    hello i am simmy.i am a new member in LEO.i know english but i do not no in perfect manner.so i hope i will be perfect by participate in LEO.Thank you
  • How weird! @FeRa‌, @bbjav‌, @Yisua‌, @kennyc‌, @homa‌, @Farooq‌, you all got the same picture avatar. It's going to be tough to tell you apart. Time to change your avatar picture? Anyway, welcome aboard.

You too, @simmy‌. Welcome.

Hope you'll all explore the other discussions and that we will get to know each other.
  • Hi mrs lynne iam name is Aya. Egyptian girl. Its nice to find someone like you trying to help us .. i just want to know how can i call you on skype .. Please reply me on email mrs lynne :) i need your help iam almost graduate from my college and i wat to talk anyone expert in English to improve my language .. all i want the help
    How can i be member on your group on skype thanks so much in advance :)
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    Hi,my name is Arash,Im living in Iran,I have 22 years old,Ive been studying English since i was a 12 year old student,now ive already finished my studying in B.A. course of architecture,id be happy to be involved in your interactions.
    Happy to see you all here :)
    Hey guys.I'm Parham.from Iran.I've been learning English since I was 15.the reason is I'm planning to study abroad.glad to meet you all.
  • imran11imran11 Posts: 1
    hi.... i am new learner of English language. please guide me how i write good report and good speaker.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,077 mod
    Hello @Ayazeineldien‌ @aryarchi‌ @imran11‌ Welcome to you all. Enjoy all the different ways you can improve your English here.
    @amatsuscribbler‌ Nice to meet you,wish to spend well together
    @Marcus74‌ Im also living in Iran,whats your filled of study?and what course are you studying in?
    Hello everybody!
    My name is Nora. Actually, it is not my real name, but my nickname. I love this name simple because it was one of my most favourite characters' name in <accidental spy>, an english movie. I have been spending many years of learning English, and I took an Ielts test last month. Recently, I love to improve my English and try to practice it as frequently as possible. Hopefully, being a member in this forum will not only help me improve this interesting language but also bring a lot of fun to all friends here. One more thing that I would like to introduce about myself to all you guys is that I am also learning Japanese which is difficult to master. The fact that I am living in Japan gives me a good opportunity to learn this language more effectively and more quickly compared to others learning outside Japan. Beside my mother tongue, Vietnamese, I can speak English better than Japanese. But anyway, I love them and enjoy their beauty.

Last but not least, I hope to make new friends here and learn your cultural identity as well as advertising my own culture.

Nice to meet all you guys!
    Nore
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 5,394 mod
    @Noranguyen, Welcome to the forum. :smile:
    Surely, you'll learn a lot here. This forum contains many things that will interest you. But you need to explore the forum. Good luck!
    "Like rain, I fell for you."
  • sumantsumant Posts: 17
    Hello Everyone

I am sumant.i recently got a job and i am facing lots of problem with my communication skill as well as english writing skill like mail writing.My mother tounge is hindi.i hope this forum will help me to imrove my communication skill as well as writing skill.
    edited January 2015
    @Noranguyen Happy to see you.
    I have some Vietnamese chat mates also,ban khong tieg viet :D ban thich vietnam
    May I know what is your IlETS score?was It academic or general?
  • AstroHelmyAstroHelmy Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Hello, you are welcome i'm Mahmoud from Egypt i'm still studying in faculty of science math and physics department. I know German language, it's not excellant like my language, English too not like my language, i still want to know more in english.
    I want English to help me in my research, because all referance in science by English, so it's more specific for me to know more about science and research in Astronomy, physics, and mathematics. So this was one of my goals to learn more and know more, also german and french, i think the best languages in science in our days are (German, English, and Frensh) specially in my study, there is more languages have a very importance in other science, but in physics and astronomy those language that i said before are the best. So i'm still waiting you teacher Lynne. Thank you
    @aryarchi‌ , I've got 7.0 score in total. Now, I am living in Japan, but I couldn't communicate with local people due to the constraint of my ability to understand this language. Therefore, I'm trying to learn more English to talk to domestic residents, and it would be good to learn Japanese through English as well.

Aryarchi, I'm new to this forum, and so I am not familiar with the activities here. However, this forum seems to be very interesting. Please help me to get along well with everyone.

Aryachi, where are you from? which languages can you speak? I love to learn many languages in order to make many friends in this planet. And, I'm glad to talk to you.

Have a nice day!
    @Noranguyen Im also new here,Ive been here since 5th of January,we need time to get familiar with other members.
    Im from Iran and I can speak Persian,Turkish and English.Im interested in learning different languages but its better for us to focus on learning English at the moment.
  • DennisDennis Posts: 10
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Dennis I live in France, I've been learning English for a long time now, but I need to practice it on a more regular basis. I'm hoping to get more and more confident with those training sessions on Skype.
    I especially want to improve the way I pronounce some of the English words.

I am very happy to have found this place on the internet.
    Looking forward to read and speak with you.
  • sumantsumant Posts: 17
    Hello everyone
    To become fluent in english we have to start communicating in english anyone who is interested can find me on skype.
    below is my email address
    [email protected]
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    hi, lynne
    my name is tom, i come from Vietnam.