Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the merry month of May
When green leaves begin to spring,
Little lambs do skip like fairies,
Birds do couple, build, and sing.
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
May
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

New members - Introductions

Comments

• harisharis Posts: 3
    hello Faiza, im super awesome. How are you?
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Hi Lynne. So glad to have a platform to improve my English and meet more new friends ^^
  • Hi everybody I'm from Brazil and I'm a new person here, I am needing to improve my english and I think this is a perfect place.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    excuse me! i'm a new member! I've just signed up! And I don't know where I can write my post! Can you help me?
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Faiza, @Haris, @NatalieMomo, @Antoniocarlos, @Kate_Nguyen_9999 and @dashenziya. Welcome to the forum.
    Best wishes. :smile:

And @Kate_Nguyen_9999, you're excused. You can comment on others' discussion but you can create your own one when you'll get at least 2-stars.
    "Like rain, I fell for you."
  • mondo73mondo73 Posts: 1
    Hello!!! I`m Mondo73 from Spain, and I am here to improve my English, actually I`m studying in my local language school coursing the pre-intermediate level
    Hello, I am Dani from Spain. I want to improve my English and i want to acces to the voice sessions on skype, but i'm not sure how can i do it. I am study english at school, college and university but my english level is poor. That is the reason i want to go in to this sessions. Lynna, have i send you a privat message? Thank you very much for this wordefull idea. Congratulation
    hey i am chandan from india. i am an engineering student. i joined this site to improve my english. i think i am ok but i need to improve more.
    Thank you @dora
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,025 mod
    Hi everyone.

@Kate_Nguyen_9999‌ - You should be able to reply to most discussions. What kind of topics interest you?

@Dora - thank you. There's a badge winging it's way to you. :smile:

I'm interested in eating etiquette because I'm interested in different countries' culture, especially food
  • tuvshinbttuvshinbt Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm name's Tuvshuu. I'm from Mongolian. I want to improve my English language and join yours Skype conference room.
    edited January 2015
    Hi guys. @tuvshinbt, @mondo73, @daninido and @chandan - Welcome to the forum. Hope you'd like to be here.

@Lynne - I still can't understand what's the badge about? Which teamwork?
    Also thanks for it. :smile:
    Hello @tuvshinbt‌!
    @Dora‌ could you tell me how to get stars???? Please!
    @Kate_Nguyen_9999 - It's a magic trick which I won't tell you! :wink:

Just saying. I really don't know how to do it. When I was new here, I participated in many discussions (still now) possible. But, honestly, I don't know any trick about it because I am not here to earn stars, badges etc.

Here's my advise: Discover, explore and participate in the discussions. This forum is to help in improvement in English. To encourage the new members, points are given. (according to my experience)

Well, I wish you good luck for future.

Best wishes. :smile:
    Hi, my name's Stephen.
    I've been learning English about 7 years, but the progress is really awful.
    I'm studying English, because it's very important, and I have an American boss, so I have to catch up with him.

I'm also planning to study abroad (I hope so)... Nice to meet ya all!
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,025 mod
    edited January 2015
    @Dora - The badge was for what you are doing here. Knowing other people are meeting and greeting new members takes a bit of the pressure off for me.

@Stephenmd‌ - I was in a hangout on Second Life last night, when one of our regular participants mentioned how much he had learnt in the few months he had been taking part on the Network. Not just grammar, or vocabulary, but using what he had learnt. So, stick around, you might be pleasantly surprised.
    @Stephenmd - Welcome to the forum. Nice to see you too. Hope you would like to be here.
    Awnnn @Dora !!! Thank you so much for all of your advice!
  • ganeshkhuwadganeshkhuwad Posts: 3
    Hello Friends, I am new here. I really want to learn English. Please help me.
  • Hello @ganeshkhuwad‌,

Welcome. Make yourself comfortable and start participating in some topics. Then help will come from all parts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Hi friends, :D
    I am a new member here. I am from Algeria. I want to improve my English language skills and i am sure you will help me. I am also planning to study abroad next year and the language proficiency is required. That's why i really need your help! Thanks a lot guys :)
  • StutiStuti Posts: 1
    Hi,Lynne i am Stuti Srivastava i am from India i just want to learn English from past 2 months.Hope u will help me out to speak good English, Thanks
    Hi, my name is Houssem from algeria .I'm here to make new freinds and improve my english skills .Finally thank you Lynne for giving me this opportunity
    Hi my name is joy. I have some confusions and doubt to use English language. Although, english is taught in our school for many years i always forget and have low self steem when I use it. So i'm here to improve my English and hopely someone in this group would help me. Oh i need someone to talk to and practice it:) here is my skype joyanne022.. Thanks
  • badebade Posts: 1
    HI Lynne

my name is bade, and I've been learning English since I'm in grade one, not that bad in English but I'm not that good either.
    so hopefully you'll except me as your new student, thanks for your effort and please take care of me :blush:
  • Hi, I'm Idrees Khan, Lynne I need your skype id, I want to Improve my speaking English Skills. My skype id is idreeskhan004 I hope I'll find some friends here to practice on speaking English daily. thanks
  • GowthamGowtham Posts: 1
    Hey all, I am Gowtham from India, I am eager to improve English skills. Add me in your Skype and please call me for English conversations.
    Thanks Lynne, for creating innovative group

Skype ID: gowtham.nataraj
  • Hello guys,

Welcome to the forum.

@Stuti‌, I agree with you, Lynne and the LE Network people have created a fantastic place, we all can use and practise the English we learn here and receive feedback (help), and not just from Lynne as you will discover.

@Nesrine‌, @HOUSSEM‌, You probably have already explored other parts of the forum.
    Does it fit your expectations?
  • HudzaifahHudzaifah Posts: 1
    Hello everyone

My name is hudzaifah, I'm an indonesian, have been learning english for about 9 years
    I'm so happy to finally join this forum, I hope I can Improve my english by joining this forum,