Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the merry month of May
When green leaves begin to spring,
Little lambs do skip like fairies,
Birds do couple, build, and sing.
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
May
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

New members - Introductions

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Hello teacher Lynne and every one! I am a new commer. I hope this site can help me improve my English. I am Vietnamese. My name is Nguyen, but i think it's difficult to pronounce exactly. So I have an English name. If you don't mind, just call me Carol. Thanks for your all reading!
  • Then please @Andre_ARVS, change the colour. Red can just remind you of traumatic classroom experiences. ;) Hope to meet you in other parts of the network.
  • I back up Dora, @Poppaneering. It doesn't jut look like it, this community is a fantastic opportunity for all of us, but it's up to you to play a role; make it fun and useful for you. :)

Hello Carol,

Welcome. I think that it might be hard to remember that you are Carol over time. I hope you will not mind if we use @nguyenpt136 when we forget about it.
  • Great to notice that you are able to join us again @Dora. See you.
  • hello I'm new here and I wanna know if still there's place for me?! :)
  • @manel_key - You can stop crying and draw a smile on your picture avatar, there is still plenty of room for you around. ^-^ Welcome.
  • @Xeb so we're cool!! tnx my friend
    how can I join you?!
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Hi, this is Medi! I'm new in this community and I like to improve my english skills. Looking forward to get a lot of practice in writing and talking. Thx in advance!
  • Hi @manel_key,

Here on the forum, I especially like to play the question game in the game section of the forum, but I'm more often on the Live Chat page and also regularly join the Thursday session in Kitely. That said, there is a bunch of active members on the forum like @mheredge, @lichaamstaal, @Hermine, @bubbli, @Hekner, @filauzio, @aryarchi, just to name a few. Explore and enjoy.

• Hi @Alex_49,

My opinion, you have found a great place for using your English. Hope you'll enjoy it. Welcome.
  • Adham_A_s_AAdham_A_s_A Posts: 1
    Hi everybody
    Iam adham
    Iam new here
    I'll be happy to talk with you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Hello Lynne. .
    how are you? I just need some help to improve my spoken skills. I am studying English language and literature but I face some problems with speaking skills because most of my courses about history and culture of English.. I am waiting for any help, please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    :( should I have to wait for long time?
  • RiturajRituraj Posts: 4
    Hi,
    My name is Ritu. I really want to make myself very strong in English writing, and speaking as well. I am not at all confident about spelling always has a doubt in the back of mind that I should check that spelling in dictionary. Same goes with use of grammar.
    Looking forward for all the help I can get to make myself strong in American English.
  • Hi Lynne! I'm jacqui, well, actually that's my nick name, my real name is Jacqueline, but I would be very greatful if you just call me by my nick name. I have been learning english for around 8 years but i'm stil not good at it at all, I don't practise it everyday that's why I joined here, I don't understand it at all, it has a lot of things to do, I hope that as the time runs I can understand it better.
    I am learning french too, but it has become a really big challenge to me.
    That was about me :smiley:
  • Hi guys,

Welcome aboard,

@maryjaneD, I think that Lynne was into wine exploration that day. Hopefully you're having a lovely weekend too.

@Adham_A_s_A, Keep in mind that to interact with others, you have to venture outside this New Member thread, get out there. ;)

@sarataer, From what I have experienced since I registered on the LE Network, it doesn't exactly work like this. You participate, use our English with others in this forum and other parts of the network, and then will receive feedback. In other words people help you to help yourself. From my point of view, it's very efficient. :D

@Rituraj, It's mostly a British forum here, but no doubt that if you use it, you'll develop your writing skills and receive feedback.

@Jacqui nevárez, You're spot on, the LE Network is a treasure of resources that you can feel dizzy, not knowing what to start with, but you just have to give it a go somewhere, then venture q little bit further and you'll discover soon enough that all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place. All the best.

Take it easy guys, and enjoy yourself participating and exploring how it works.

• ShottonShotton Posts: 26
    Hi,
    My name is Shotton. I am looking forward for help to make myself strong in English writing, and speaking as well. When i ever go to write an essay i often makes mistakes, and for this reason i often fell ashamed i front of my boss and colleagues.

Looking forward for all the help I can get to make myself strong in English.
    Please teacher please help me !!! :(
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @maryjaneD, @Adham_A_s_A, @sarataer, @Rituraj, @Jacqui nevárez and @Shotton. Welcome to the forum. :smile:

@Shotton - No more need to be ashamed now. You have reached a good place.(I mean the forum)
    Sure, there're plenty of discussions here that may help you to improve your English. One good example of which is "Hekner's Wonderful World of Words" etc.

And, and, and, you can also get very much help from this site:

www.learnenglish.de
    where @Lynne had worked a lot to help people improve their English skills.

I hope you'll like it. Good Luck!
    "Like rain, I fell for you."
  • thepritimishrathepritimishra Posts: 13 ✭✭
    > @amatsuscribbler said:
    > Hi Elfrya - your English is not very poor! You have communicated your thoughts. I could not do that in your language! And we help each other here so enjoy it!
  • thepritimishrathepritimishra Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Sorry Its happen by mistecly.
    I'm new here.
    I want to join but i'm not able to understand how to do and what to do. Plz help me.
  • mounamouna Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭
    hi my dear teacher
    my username is mouna.kh4
    So I'm mouna from algeria ;I speak arabic frensh and a little english
    Thank you @Dora for your valuable advice,

But, I could not understand, what is "Hekner's Wonderful World of Words"?

Here I also observe that, come members input their skype IDs and ask to add them, what is use of skype IDs? and is there has any chat room, where the members could get help?
  • Hi @Shotton, On the left, you should see different categories of discussions, one of them is called "Hekner's wonderful Wold of Words". If you click on it, you'll see that @Hekner regularly introduces us to English words and expressions.

@thepritimishra, it's a forum of discussions here. People interested in participating in one of them, just join it and write messages. Why not try the discussion about the weather to get a better idea. Here it is, http://learn-english-forum.org/categories/the-weather If you don't like talking about the weather, select another one.

Hi @mouna, Welcome to the forum. Your little English will grow bigger as you regularly use your English.
    thank you @ Xeb
  • hey everybody!!! its shraddha. I just joined the forum and want to improve my English
    hello @shraddhababar, I am also here to improve my English
  • Hello!!!

My name is Eliezer, I'm a 33 years-old brazilian professor, I'm studying and improving my English speaking, I hope that I can try with you :)

XOXO
  • fczanardofczanardo Posts: 4
    Hi =) my name is Fabio. I'm 25 years old. I stay here to improve my english with you guys =) I am so happy to find this place =) Thanks =)
  • truptitrupti Posts: 27 ✭✭
    hello Lynne, i am trupti. i can read or write English.. but i have a fear to speak .. as specially in public. how i overcome it.? and also want to improve my grammetical mistakes :/ plz help me what can i do. ?