Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How do you celebrate St Valentine's Day?

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    @Burdz then don't forget to share it with us. :smile:
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian CanadaPosts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Valentine's day!!
    A little bit late!! :(
  • ArianeAriane Posts: 15 Inactive
    I normally do not celebrate Valentine's day, but Happy Valentine's day to all from me too!
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,747 mod
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,680 ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh it's today! But no one sent me any roses. :(
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,747 mod
    edited February 2016
  • SpykixzSpykixz Posts: 1
    I'm elementary,
    yesterday on Feb 14th. I didn't celebrate this valentine'day, because my culture in Indonesian not allowed to celebrate it. exacly, in my religion...
  • LeylaLeyla Posts: 13 ✭✭
    @srinij I have celebrated St Valentine's Day on the ice skating
  • LeylaLeyla Posts: 13 ✭✭
    @mheredge I have celebrated St Valentine's Day on the ice skating
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,964 mod
    @Spykixz : Oh why it's not celebrated there? What did you do yesterday instead?
    Oh thank you @aladdin. They're lovely. :)
  • srinijsrinij Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    @Leyla,It's a happy moment in your life.I hope same will continue in your life.
    @aladdin artificial roses! ;)

@mheredge don't forget to send me your postal address so that I can send you a handmade card. :)
    @Leyla ice-skating! I hope that it went well. :)
    @srinij did you celebrate Valentine's day?
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    I hope you all had a wonderful day. I got flowers from two people, and I thought both of them were very sweet, so I had a smile on my face for the whole of the day.
    @Bubbly : You are so kind, you will send personalized gift to @mheredge . Do both of you live in same country?
    @kindgnice I wish we were. But, she is my darling. :)
    Wow, that's nice of you! It's a special effort for a special person like @mheredge :)
    I wonder how will you send it? Via express mail? :)
    I'm thinking if someone will also give a present for me, it will be hard for that person since the name I'm using in this site is just a screen name, that person cannot locate my place with my screen name only. Just wondering. Hehe
    Wow, that's nice of you! It's a special effort for a special person like @mheredge :)
    I wonder how will you send it? Via express mail? :)
    I'm thinking if someone will also give a present for me, it will be hard for that person since the name I'm using in this site is just a screen name, that person cannot locate my place with my screen name only. Just wondering. Hehe
    @kindgnice why are you scared to share your name?
    @Bubbly : Honestly, I'm not afraid to use my name. I just complied with @Lynne 's rules and guidelines, as shown below link:

http://www.learnenglish.de/englishchat.html

Under the 7th bullet, it's stated that:

" Some people online may be dangerous. They may not be who you think they are. In order to protect yourself you should not tell them your real name, address or give them any personal or contact details or anything that would comprimise your location or identity "

Under the 9th bullet, it's stated that:

" Don't give out your email address especially if it contains part or all of your name. The English Forum has a very good (free) messaging system which is like e-mail that you can use by becoming a member (free) "
    :)
    Anyhow, I can also share to you my real 'first name', I know I can trust you and I respect the reputation you established in this network. Kudos to you. ;)
    edited February 2016
    @kindgnice Yes we should be careful but sharing our first name will not take us in any danger.

But, it also depends on you. If you are comfortable you just share it otherwise nick names are the most suitable ones. :)
    edited February 2016
    @Bubbly,Since 4 days I'm busy with my personal work,hope every thing go's well next year I will be celebrate valentine's day with my partner...
    @srinij Yes. But, enjoy every moment of your life that is now and hope for the best for future. :)
    @Bubbly,Thank you....
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    One of the people who gave me flowers on Valentine's Day has asked me out for a meal, so I think that is a good sign!
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    My wife and me have a different approach to those celebrations like Valentine's day. Our relationship is so strong and full of feeling that we don't need to celebrate our love that day but during the rest of the year.
    Snail mail works incredibly slowly here in Nepal @kindgnice. My mother once sent me a birthday card from the UK that took over three months to get to my GPO box in Kathmandu! But thank you so much @Bubbly for the thought. (You have reminded me too, that I should at least have a look to see if I have any mail there, which will be at least three months old just through neglect).
    @mheredge : Wow, that's very slow mailing process huh. Moreover, we also experienced that here in the Philippines but not this time, nowadays, postal offices have offered 'express' mails so as to receive by targeted recipients around 2-3 days leadtime.