Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How do you celebrate St Valentine's Day?

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands don't say no to him! ;)
    @dusky I hope that your every day is like the Valentine's day. :)
    @mheredge take your time but don't forget to share your postal address. :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,331 mod
    @Bubbly I have said yes, and we have decided on a date, and I am looking forward to it! Now, I just have to try and find something to wear that makes me look nice.
    edited February 2016
    @GemmaRowlands very nice. I hope that you will enjoy it thoroughly. :)
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,747 mod
    @Bubbly you trying to convince @kindgnice to use his first name and you didn't LOL
    Thank you @Bubbly I am sure I will, and I will be sure to come on here and let you all know how it goes at the end of the evening!
    @GemmaRowlands I am waiting! :)
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    Thank you @kindgnice , for you too.
    It is a shame that you had to be in work @hebahania but did you do anything special when you returned home in the evening?
  • VanessaPhanVanessaPhan Posts: 3
    @On Valentine, I like walking around, watching how couple celebrate their Valentine.
    I feel happy when seeing not only young couples but also old couples hands - in - hands sharing their happiness.
    I wish they would be together happily in their whole life until the end of the world
    I love seeing old couples holding hands @VanessaPhan I think it is wonderful that their love has managed to last through so many years!
    That sounds lovely @rodrigodutra what kind of things do you do to celebrate love on this day?
    Oh that sounds wonderful @rodrigodutra so very similar to Valentine's Day but with another name, it is good that love is celebrated in all countries!
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,157 mod

I bought hubby some gummy hearts, and put them in a heart-shaped bowl. (Hopefully I will get some flowers later).
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭
    @Paulette
    Happy birthday to your daughter!
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 23,511 mod
    @takafromtokyo

Thank you very much Taka, I will bring her the congratulations of you. She is a very nice lady now and has herself two daughters, but this evening she comes to her parents to still get that special hug.
  • leertipleertip Posts: 26 ✭✭
    For me Valentine is too commercial, i like an unexpected gesture ora nice smile, love is for the whole year, not only on Valentin's day
    @Michouxe
    Happy Valentines Day!!
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also my Happy Valentine wishes for everyone! and I had forgotten my <3
  • LeeInHaLeeInHa Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Thank you! Happy Valentine day!
    I'll celebrate this day with my partner. I'll buy present and chocolate for today.
    Frank said:

Today is Valentine's Day. This time I will let my wife read the secrets I share on the forum.
    This one is for her:

I hope that you and your wife had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Unfortunately I am single, so I didn't have a very good day, but never mind!
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,558 mod
    This one is for you @GemmaRowlands

Happy Valentine's Day anyway!
  • JanjardJanjard Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭
    It is almost over, Valantijnsdag (as we say in the Netherlands). Still two hours left. Yesterday, when I was young there wasn't something like Valentijnsdag. The first time that I was confrontated with it was 34 years ago. I became a postcard from The Hague. That's in the (south-) west of the Netherlands and I was living in the north. Happy Valentine was written on the card. I didn't know what it meant. I asked a friend. He also didn't knew it. So we did together some research. The woman who send it me is now already 30 years my wife. What a coïncidence isn't it?
    @Janjard
    I'm sure she sent the card for a reason. You might have not noticed it at the time, bug you've accepted the message.

By the way, when you did the research with your friend back then, did you eventually find out what the card meant? What did you do when you understood its meaning? How did it develope?
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,671 ✭✭✭✭
    Which address @Bubbly? Catch me if you can!