Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Good TV series for improving your English

Comments

• kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,958 mod
    kindgnice wrote: »
    @EugenyAntonov: I agree, I remember this series way back in my elementary days. ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLo2YGhfiEOrX9RZfSyNOPK0jCHu1e1epilW0aMdbWqhuR9kjn_yRZyhB8bA

Reposting with new image link. :)
    mheredge wrote: »
    I've been catching up with a few episodes of Blindspot. The American accents in this are easy to follow and the characters speak very clearly.

Thanks for your suggestion @mheredge :)
  • OlegOleg Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kindgnice This show is better, buddy
    Oleg wrote: »
    @kindgnice This show is better, buddy

Awesome video @Oleg! Are you from Britain? I have to give this a try when I visit there someday. :)
  • OlegOleg Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill out , buddy. You have mixed me up with @Lynne :p
    Hahaha. :lol:
    Perhaps I have to ask @Lynne about these sweets instead. ;)
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 829 Inactive
    Hi @kindgnice I like to watch "FRIENDS" serial, its very funny we could easily edict this serial because your will get more fun, entertain and learn English.
    I agree @madhug. :)
    I think there's a newest series of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    To be honest i didn't watch any of this
    I watch the arrow ,gotham ,I zombie,super natural,jessca jones, deard devil ,the flash ,vampire dairies, true blood ,the walking dead and viking
    Lets don't forget game of thorns wating 24/4 for the next season it's will be great
  • EugenyAntonovEugenyAntonov Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    > @Oleg said:
    > @kindgnice This show is better, buddy

I've never seen these sweets in Russia. Cadbury and Nestle buy us other sweets.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,146 ✭✭✭✭
    For good old London English, if you like crime series, Line of Duty isn't bad. It's into its third series now. Set in London, most of the characters have Home Counties or London accents.
    > @Oleg said:
    > @kindgnice This show is better, buddy

I've never seen these sweets in Russia. Cadbury and Nestle buy us other sweets.

@EugenyAntonov: What are the usual sweets there in Russia?
    For good old London English, if you like crime series, Line of Duty isn't bad. It's into its third series now. Set in London, most of the characters have Home Counties or London accents.

I like British accents. :)
    Look for programmes from the BBC @kindgnice. The English used is invariably good for practicing listening.
    I will @mheredge, in my spare time. ;)
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    I am watching Vikings these days as suggested by @Oleg. It is really a good series to know about the history of Europe. @mheredge have you ever watched any seasons of this series?
    Ohhh, perhaps this Vikings series is somewhat related to a buffet restaurant here in Philippines.

http://www.vikings.ph/

:)
    > @kindgnice said:
    > @EugenyAntonov: What are the usual sweets there in Russia?

I like chocolate with nuts, apple pie and oat cookies. I like licorice candies from Finland.
    Sounds new to me my friend, @EugenyAntonov.
    Let me try to search it:

It looks yummy! :)
    They look like Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts @kindgnice. They were one of my favourites as a kid. I particularly liked the blue and pink ones with the little things stuck on the outside.
    They look like Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts @kindgnice. They were one of my favourites as a kid. I particularly liked the blue and pink ones with the little things stuck on the outside.

I'm curious @mheredge. What are those little things? :)
    edited April 2016
    @kindgnice
    My favourite homemade sweet is apple with honey and cinnamon. I slice an apple, spread it with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Very easy, but very delicious!

OMG! SWEET and SWEAT! Never mix them!
    @kindgnice
    My favourite homemade sweet is apple with honey and cinnamon. I slice an apple, spread it with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Very easy, but very delicious!

OMG! SWEET and SWEAT! Never mix them!

Wow! It made me excited to do this is weekends. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe. I love apples! :)

@EugenyAntonov
    I'm not sure @kindgnice. I'm not sure if I have seen them for sale separately either.
  • alimetalalimetal Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I saw Friends last year and wish that one day see them in TV programs.
    @alimetal I watched only one season of Friends. I am thinking to download another one today. :)
  • alimetalalimetal Posts: 17 ✭✭
    @Bubbly I strongly recommended you for see last sessions. Because friends find good harmony in last ones. and I think, they were really friends
    @alimetal I have downloaded few episodes. I will watch them in the evening.
    I'm not a fan of Friends. But I'm looking forward to seeing the latest two episodes of Blindspot and Line of Duty.
  • Penelope204Penelope204 Posts: 69 ✭✭
    My cousin told me that big bang theory is good to improve your English even if there is a scentific vocabulary. But i've never seen it. Or anyone has seen once upon a time? I think it is wonderful!!!! If only had a power i could do a lot of things