Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Good TV series for improving your English

Comments

• hazel27hazel27 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    @kindgnice No, I haven't watch it. It looks like some horror and I'm afraid those kinds of movies/TV series ;P
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,958 mod
    @hazel27 wrote: »
    @kindgnice No, I haven't watch it. It looks like some horror and I'm afraid those kinds of movies/TV series ;P

It's kinda horror but there's also mystery and crime scene investigation as well. :)
    I enjoyed the idea of eating brains to see their perceptions. :)
  • AchaAcha Posts: 49 Inactive
    i've watched quite a few, but language-worthy wise,

- house m.d ( witty use of wordplay, some of his jokes are wee bit dark but still, funny. )
    - black adder ( this is how i imagine the people living in black-and-white telly's age speaks like. plus, its mr. bean. )

but really, most of all, you'd be better off watching the series you like, rather than the series you think could improve your language prowess. it'll come naturally when you enjoy the stuff.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,890 ✭✭✭✭
    Last night I watched another episode of Vikings. This is really interesting series.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/
    @Acha thank you for your suggestion. :)
    @Acha said:

i've watched quite a few, but language-worthy wise,

- house m.d ( witty use of wordplay, some of his jokes are wee bit dark but still, funny. )

- black adder ( this is how i imagine the people living in black-and-white telly's age speaks like. plus, its mr. bean. )

but really, most of all, you'd be better off watching the series you like, rather than the series you think could improve your language prowess. it'll come naturally when you enjoy the stuff.

I like to try the House M.D.
    It sounds familiar to me. :)
    Thanks buddy!
    House MD is also one of my favourite series. I am going to download few epiaodes of it that I missed.
    How about C.S.I. ?
    I didn't watch it so far.

@Sange what are your favourite TV series? :)
    It's a great series. It means Crime Scene Investigation. ;)
  • SangeSange Posts: 561 ✭✭✭
    I don't watch T.V.
    edited April 2016
    @Sange wrote: »
    I don't watch T.V.

Do you love reading books instead? ;)
    Yes, I love reading Kindle @kindgnice
    Sange wrote: »
    Yes, I love reading Kindle @kindgnice

Wow! How much did you pay for that Kindle? I'm used to reading books from my phone. ;)
    I bought it from Amazon worth ₹5,700
    Sange wrote: »
    I bought it from Amazon worth ₹5,700

Okay. I guessed it you're a rich guy. ;)
  • torelliptorellip Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear @Bubbly I have never seen Fawlty Towers. I'll look for it. In general, I prefer action TV series.
    @kindgnice what do you think about The Vampire Diaries? Vampires are better than Zombies...they are more elegant and sophisticated
    torellip wrote: »
    Dear @Bubbly I have never seen Fawlty Towers. I'll look for it. In general, I prefer action TV series.
    @kindgnice what do you think about The Vampire Diaries? Vampires are better than Zombies...they are more elegant and sophisticated

Wow! I like that too as well as its sequel, The Originals. :)

A spin-off from The Vampire Diaries and set in New Orleans, The Originals centers on the Mikaelson siblings, otherwise known as the world's original vampires: Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies), and Rebekah (Claire Holt).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_p-mQWgIatz0KtFoWjNwf6u16DJ84jv8NDxuzt6ujsAsEhKeDrTh5cqTB
    @torellip Fawlty Towers is a good series. I hope that you will enjoy it. What do you like to watch on TV?
    I guess you'll enjoy this as well @torellip ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAp7ZeYmg2q_dTEeGP_XAswNBk_-RJtUPhml1lJdodoaRBBnam0s7FdYtpuQ
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,146 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to be able to download anything for a while, as I'm using a datacard sim for my internet access. I still have quite a few movies to catch up on though.
    mheredge wrote: »
    I'm not going to be able to download anything for a while, as I'm using a datacard sim for my internet access. I still have quite a few movies to catch up on though.

Cool! You won't be bored with these movies saved in your hard drive while you're out of town. :)
    Last night I watched episode 18 of Blindspot. I'm slowly going off it as it's a bit samey and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.
    Movie Spotlight
    Sange said:

Movie Spotlight

@Sange: Did you mean this?

• AgnesAgnes Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I have watched "old friends" all 10 seasons.
    Agnes said:

I have watched "old friends" all 10 seasons.

Cool! I also enjoyed the theme song of this series. :)
    Yes, Bro Spotlight
    What's Spotlight about @Sange? What did you think of it?
    @Sange said:

Yes, Bro Spotlight

Yes buddy, can you share the climax of this movie? :)