Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Freehand drawing and more.

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 Inactive
    wow @Elfish,
    They are great drawings, the boy's hands are amazing.
    what do you used to color the drawings? I think it was color pencil on the girl standing with the hands together. But what about the shy woman holding a book? Do you used watercolor?

Congratulations Elfish, you have worked well. :D

I think the only thing that hurt a bit the reading was the watermark. Show us without it. :P
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,702 ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh they're nice. How do you upload the photos? I'm being a dinosaur again I know!
    @mheredge,
    I use the photobucket.com it is easy to share and free.
    Try it.
    What's photobucket? How much space does it give you? I'm looking for a way to store my photos online but I have many Gbs of photos.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 132 Inactive
    Hi Helvio, I like your paintings, you are very talented. :>
    Thank you @goldiw, I am glad you liked.

--

Marianne, I don't know how much space photobucket offers but I tink it is a lot of space. I will look for this information.
    @mheredge, I couldn't find the precisely information, but I have 226 photos stored there and it is only 1% of my space.

I think you need to try the website and see by yourself if it could attend you.

There is also the google+ with 'clouds' but I don't know how it works.
    This I have made when I was 14.

• TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,081 mod

Good to know that Photobucket allows sharing too.

@Marianne, Flickr have just increased their free hosting to 1TB, that should be enough for most of your photos. :)
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,889 mod
    You too are artistic @Elfish! Well done!
    When I grow up I want to be like Elfish, work with colors, it is relly dificult to me.
  • ElfishElfish Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    @Helvio : the blonde girl is made of watercolour and the ginger one is made of crayon. You should not fear trying using colour. Your drawings are already very good, I'm sure you can also be good at painting or using crayons (or pastels. They are great too).
    Thanks @april. Like my English, my drawing skills are a bit rusty these days though. I need to practise (both English and drawing).
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,889 mod
    @mheredge
    Flickr give 1TB free for each account. 8->

@Elfish
    Go for it Elfish. :)
    @Elfish,
    On the next weekend I'll try to do something colored.
    Thank you for the push. :D
    edited November 2013
    And here is another violent and bliding drawing. X_X

I'm going to have to get a few of the lovely drawings that are typical in Rajasthan. Either one of a tiger or elephant - or maybe both. I still don't know how to upload photos though.
    I have told you, the photobucket.com is a good way to share and store your images.
    April and Lynne said the flickr can storage 1TB of images.
    So, go foward and try it.
    I need to try. It's finding the time which is always a problem. And tonight the internet is down.
    I am showing my teeth :D
    Grrrrrrr! And Helvio, are you really that big or are you riding a child's bike here!!
    I exaggerate but only slightly!
    I still think it looks like it must be a small bike - or you're a giant!
    I am 2,02m tall, I am nota a giant. Almost. :D
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,066 mod
    Oops! I just found the comment I wrote 7 days ago!! Sorry @Helvio and @Elfish! I am very jealous! I can't draw at all but would love to!
    I start drawing on this way @amtsuscribbler, I had a friend who drew a lot and I jealous his talent, so I began to draw to compete to him, he made a drawing and from imediately I made anohter. But I never reach his feet.
    Then, if you want to do something go ahead and don't give up, try, try, try hard, because if you fail at least you get tired. :))
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,081 mod
    edited November 2013
    @Helvio - A bonus correction:-

I started drawing this way Amtsuscribbler, I had a friend who drew a lot and I was jealous of his talent, so I began to draw to compete with him. He would draw and I would immediately draw another. But I never reached his level.

So, if you want to do something go ahead and don't give up, try, try, try hard, because even if you fail at least you'll be tired.
    If you want to do it enough, you'll always succeed - eventually. That's my tuppence worth anyway.
    Thank you Lynne!

And I stay thinking about tuppence for a while @mheredge. hehe
    @Lynne, it really happened, the editor toolbar goes away, I can't figure out how to put a picture here anymore.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,066 mod
    I wish I could help you @Helvio? Sadly you will have to wait for Lynne! :-S
This discussion has been closed.