Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the merry month of May
When green leaves begin to spring,
Little lambs do skip like fairies,
Birds do couple, build, and sing.
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
May
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

computer viruses fever !!!

kennouchi_youcefkennouchi_youcef Posts: 67 Inactive
edited March 2016 in Science and nature
hello , as am a computer technician , i wrote this post to correct some wrong ideas most beginner computer users believe in it :
1 - "let the antivirus do every thing , am full safe" >> and that's wrong my bro/sis , antivirus developers say "five teen percent (50%) of protection is an antivirus operation , and the rest it's yours" , so don't think that by installing an antivirus that's all , no you should do some technical behaviors to avoid viruses (i will list it in another post).
2- a virus in your system doesn't mean the end of the world !! , some people imagine funny things such as " my computer about to self explode !!! :o " , no , every virus has his effects , all this effects be sure can't affect the hardware side , so when your antivirus detect a virus just follow the instruction and do any thing he said , even if he tell you that you must delete a file or restart your computer.

eventually , don't be afraid and don't be careless , good antivirus software + right technical behavior = full protection. that's enough for this post just remember it ( less is more ;) ). see you next tech post
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 38,185 ✭✭✭✭
    Which anti virus software do you recommend @kennouchi_youcef? I use Kaspersky but I was told that the version I'm using is only valid in Indian and Nepal. I don't understand how this can be as I thought that viruses know no frontiers.
  • kennouchi_youcefkennouchi_youcef Posts: 67 Inactive
    hello my friend @mheredge , when they told you about your version validation , they mean kaspersky company support your version just if it's installed in india or nepal , else it will be illegal or inefficiant , so my friend if you are just a home user i suggest to use "AVAST ANTIVIRUS" because it's very easy to use , and efficiant ( i use it since 5 years at my home computer without any issues ) , but if you are an advanced user ( server or a company network , very secret works saved in it .... etc ) i suggest keep using kaspersky , premium version it's better. i hope u understand :smile: