Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Did you have a dream last night?

2»

Comments

• nontannontan Posts: 201 ✭✭
    @mheredge
    Is there any reason that you want to remember your dreams?
    Anyway, in my case, I write my dream every morning as soon as I wake up.
    If I don't remember the dream, I write 'I forgot the dream' in my dream diary.
    The intension to write my dream helps me remember my dreams.
    If you want to remember your dreams, I think this would be a good way.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,671 ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a good idea @nontan. I would like to remember my dreams better as they always seem to be very interesting or at least this is what my last impression of them feels like.
  • nontannontan Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Several years ago, I had a dream in which I was studying English.
    After I woke up I thought I would start it actually.
    Before that, I had given up studying English many times.
    Somehow the dream made me feel I could keep studying it this time.
    Since then, I have been studying English little by little.
    Dreams are sometimes very effective.
    You also probably get something good from your dreams. @mheredge
    Grrr I had a good dream but as soon as I woke up it disappeared. Stupidly I didn't have a pen and paper close to hand to jot down the details as soon as I woke up.
  • DharmatejaDharmateja Posts: 17 ✭✭
    does appear in color or black&white??loll :D
    My dreams are always in colour @Dharmateja. I had another good one this morning, that slipped away as I woke up.
    I had about three dreams but can only vaguely recall a few images from each, which slip away as soon as I try to remember too hard!
  • walterwalter Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    I had nightmare last night. But that nigtmare I think that was related with films which I watched before I fell to asleep. I watched some horor and that was be appslotly mistake because I watched that kind of film before sleep.
    I know I had a vivid dream and I could remember it for a few seconds after I woke up. But now I can't for the life me tell you what it was about.

When I was a kid I used to often have bad dreams after watching anything scary on TV @walter. I don't watch much TV any more, so I don't know if horror films would affect me that way any more.
    edited March 2018
    I realized that watching scary films before asleep it`s not very good idea. I also almost never watch tv. Every film which I watch is via my computer. @mheredge
    I am only just discovering how I can easily watch TV for free on my laptop @walter. I always thought you had to subscribe. I rarely watch TV so an subscription service would be a waste of money.
    In my country, watchig tv via computer or laptop for some tv programs didn`t need subscsription via internet. Also there are many sites where you can to see films or serias free or to downloads these films or serias also free. @mheredge
    It wasn't so easy watching British TV outside the country @walter (the TV licence fee in the UK is very expensive, so for people watching on the internet, they lose a lot of money.) Usually you need VPN to disguise where you are located, but somehow there are a few websites that seem to work even without this.
  • VokVok Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge I like watching British TV. Also I like watching and listening to people who're watching British TV. That's why 'Gogglebox' is one of my favourite shows. Once I was even dreaming about watching 'Gogglebox' and it turned out that I was shown on the local TV while watching it.
    Gogglebox? I don't know this one @Vok. If I can stay awake long enough, I might try and catch Cunk on Britain tonight.

And here is a whole programme about Shakespeare:

And this....

@mheredge I heared that in abroad, outside my country is really expensive to watching some serias or films via internet. Yet more difficult if you want to downloads some film or seria. For that reason my friends when he want to go abroad for example on the holiday, first he downloads via internet some films and put that films in usb and he can to watching that downloads films via usb in abroad.
    Have you tried accessing British TV from https://easyview.eu/bbc-one/ @walter? This is free and seems to work without any need for vpn from France at least.

I just use an itorrent app on my tablet that downloads movies, again at no charge or need to register with any particular website. I am not so sure this works so well on my laptop and in any case, I avoid downloading this sort of thing onto my laptop as I don't want to risk downloading a virus or any other sort of nasty addon.
    @mheredge No, I wasn`t try to access Brtish TV. For downloads movies or serias I usually using sites such as Pirates bay or 1337x. On this sites download serias and films are free.
    You can watch anything showing in the live for free with easyview @walter.