Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
May
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Your diary in LE forum

Comments

• ech0panditech0pandit Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    sorry , silly mistakes ... I bought two shirts and 1 trouser
  • VokVok Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭
    @ech0pandit I hate shopping. That's why I have only two pairs of faded jeans. If I were you, I'd buy a joystick.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 38,710 ✭✭✭✭
    I take it that your trousers weren't jeans @ech0pandit! I'm more of an opportunist shopper as like @Vok, usually I hate shopping. If I ever go with something specific in mind, I get very frustrated because I can never find what I'm looking for. If I pass by and see something I like, I know it is better to snap it up and not think that it will be there next time.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 9,499 mod

Today I spent a lot on cloths form the amount what seemed to be. I am still thinking of returning cloths and buying a joystick to play games LOL, anyways the shopping was fun and gives us great deal of experience to know what suits you and what not. My friend said I would be very happy if you bought cloths because I never cared how I look but after coming to corporate sector or when you need to present yourself I think dressing sense matters a lot.

I haven't really treated myself to new clothes for a long time. I do enjoy having lots of new things to wear though, so perhaps I should.
    Today I think I have finally finished setting up my potted garden on the terrace. The only thing left is to put together some plastic bottle planters for the lettuce, but for this I need to go and get some string.
    Today I am frantically trying to catch up on all of the work I should have done yesterday, but didn't get around to it because it was a bank holiday and I was busy!
    I have been busy dusting and tidying up, so I'm ready to go out! I hate housework!!
  • Shishio13Shishio13 Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Last week I was doing my advanced open water diver certification so I travelled to Santamarta City (two hours flight). It was a mini-vacation. I went to the beach and I relaxed so much :joy:
    Also, I went to the biggest touristic city here where I never have been. I have to say that I find very interesting this city. Cartagena is a nice destination, too much history, the walled city is fine and the beaches are good enough.
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 5,230 mod
    Dear Diary,

I'm confused. I think it's the time to let 'em know who I really am. But I dunno what's stopping me. I hope it gets sorted.

Regards.
    "Like rain, I fell for you."
  • VokVok Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭
    And who are you @Dora ? I'm intrigued. Spill the beans.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 21,383 mod
    Dear @Dora do you have more than one face or more than one personality?
    Who or what you are I like you anytime because your presence is always spontaneous and, that make is just your uniqueness. :)
    @Shishio13 I bet it was very hot in Cartagena. I don't think there is any time of year when it isn't scorching hot and humid. Did you get your diving certificate?

Don't we all have more than one personality depending on the situation?
    edited May 9
    @Paulette I think everyone has another face some have many some have none, because to live in this society you've to sometimes adapt to those things also which you don't like or approve of and that changes your character with time but I strictly believe in having another face or character which decides what is right or wrong with respect to one's instinct.
    To call someone 'two-faced' is quite an insult and you are accusing them of having double standards or are maybe betraying you.
    I agree with you on this @mheredge, can you suggest a better word or maybe a phrase I avoided using face but what can I say, we can use multiple personalities or character. Still, it is a kind of insult, a normal person would think like that.
    @Dora I think you are scared of yourself, the power you hold is only known by you and showing true self should be done only when needed otherwise it should be kept as a secret. Well, I used to be scared of myself or held myself back but then it came out very spontaneously and now I am learning to control it.
    Vok said:

And who are you @Dora ? I'm intrigued. Spill the beans.

Just a normal girl with a normal life. :smiley:

I agree with you on this @mheredge, can you suggest a better word or maybe a phrase I avoided using face but what can I say, we can use multiple personalities or character. Still, it is a kind of insult, a normal person would think like that.

Do you mean to say a double-minded person, @ech0pandit? Is it a right word, @mheredge? Well I don't think that I am double minded though I've heard a lot that Geminis are double minded. I just don't get it. :smiley:
    Paulette said:

Dear @Dora .....
    Who or what you are I like you anytime because your presence is always spontaneous and, that make is just your uniqueness. :)

Aw. I'm speechless. Thank you, @Paulette. <3
    Perhaps you could describe a person as multifaceted or complex @ech0pandit.

Gemini's can have a bit of a reputation of being two-faced, or dual-natured as this article politely puts it @Dora!

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/geminis-chance-flirty-nature/1505809
  • Shishio13Shishio13 Posts: 146 ✭✭
    @mheredge Absolutely it was scorching. Even local people told me that those days had been really hot. The temperature was about 33° but I checked out in a weather app and the real termic feeling was 43°. And of course I got my cerification. I am a padi advance diver now.
    Well done! I suppose in the water, it doesn't matter how hot it is outside. But it must have been very uncomfortable as it is so humid as well as hot @Shishio13.
    mheredge said:

Perhaps you could describe a person as multifaceted or complex @ech0pandit.

Gemini's can have a bit of a reputation of being two-faced, or dual-natured as ....

@mheredge - Inside every person you know, there's a person you don't know.
    My sister is a Gemini @Dora!
    mheredge said:

My sister is a Gemini @Dora!

Great! Hello sister from another Gemini. :D
    edited May 15
    Dear Diary

Today I went dashing down to the little shop where the shopkeeper yesterday had told me he expected to receive some fuschia. As well as being very attractive, it is very tolerant to abuse and if I forget to water it, it can survive quite well. Unfortunately he did not receive delivery.

I tried to find something to use to protect my terrace from the wind. I suppose it is like a fence or windbreak and though I saw a few options, none were suitable.

Then I went to pick up a parcel that an email had informed should have arrived, to find that maybe it will be delivered later today.

All in all it has not been a very successful day.
    Dora said:

Dear Diary,

I'm confused. I think it's the time to let 'em know who I really am. But I dunno what's stopping me. I hope it gets sorted.

Regards.

It is sometimes hard, but I think that it is always the best thing to be yourself, and if anybody says anything negative, they are not the ones who truly care for you.
    Dear Diary,

Everyone from our batch went back home today also including the people I didn't know, now there is a very different type of silence in the cafeteria, no one to play table tennis, the coffee machines remain full now, there is no one left but a few who are here to experience that silence. I am liking some part of it because it gives me a lot of time to think and study without speaking.
    Dear Diary
    The bus arrived early and left bang on time from Nice to go the 36 hours across Europe to Bucharest. We arrived in Budapest an hour or so ago, two hours late. A couple of delays in Italy were caused by passport security checks. One poor guy was even taken off the bus. Maybe his documents weren't in order. So much for freedom of movement. There were no checks crossing into Hungary and it remains to be seen what security controls await us entering Romania in an hour or two.
  • lisalisa Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭
    Dear Diary,

For me, the hardest time is coming, since there will be only 30 days after this period the baby will be born.