Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Your diary in LE forum

1255256257258259261»

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands
    Have you had many chances to enjoy it with your partner? ✧*。(◍˃̵ᗜ˂̵◍)ॱ◌̥*⃝̣ ⋆

By the way, which do you like, a sunset with clear sky, or with a little bit of clouds?
    I realized I had made 2880 posts since I joined the forum. I want to reach 6000 before it closes in November. That would be about 3200 in 60 days to go. That’s 50-60 posts a day. Hmm...looks like I’ve set an impossible goal.
  • VokVok Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭
    @takafromtokyo
    I watched a video on your YT channel where you're reading a short passsage out loud. I'm impressed by your pronunciation. Good job.

@Paulette fingers crossed!
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 22,944 mod
    @Vok yes fingers crossed and I offered a candle in the chapel to ask a favour. That is a tradition if you wish something very hard.
    @Vok
    Great! Happy to have you on my YouTube channel. I’ll be reading more of something in English in the days to come. Or I might be explaining things like katakana or hiragana in English for people learning Japanese. I’d be still more happy if you come see me there in those new videos, too!

Actually, what I really want to do is to sing, but I’ve got trouble in my throat that’s not allowing me to sing.
    Sadly(T ^ T)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,141 mod

@Vok

Great! Happy to have you on my YouTube channel. I’ll be reading more of something in English in the days to come. Or I might be explaining things like katakana or hiragana in English for people learning Japanese. I’d be still more happy if you come see me there in those new videos, too!

Actually, what I really want to do is to sing, but I’ve got trouble in my throat that’s not allowing me to sing.

Sadly(T ^ T)

It is a shame that you cannot sing. Do you think your throat will get better, or is the thing always there?
    @Vok
    The thing has been growing ever since I can’t remember when. It’s been growing slowly but steadily; it doesn’t make a difference if I sing or not. I use my voice a lot at work, and I think that’s hurting my throat.
  • VokVok Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

@Vok

Sadly(T ^ T)

Keep the good work up. How do you work under your pronunciation?
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,966 ✭✭✭✭
    The heavens have opened just as I'm supposed to get a bus into the hills to go trekking. If it continues like this, I might have to abort my trek which would be a shame.
    Vok wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Keep the good work up. How do you work under your pronunciation?

@Vok
    When I practice English pronunciations, I usually starts with one word. When I learn a new word, I look it up in the dictionary, and read the explanation of its pronunciation. I try to pronounce it like English the best I can, until the pronunciation really sink in. Then, I start reading example sentences. Some online translation sites offer you a feature where you paste a certain amount of passage and hit the ‘read’ button, the web site reads the passage for you. It used to be kind of worthless, since the sites used to read passages pretty badly like a robot was reading them, but they can read passages more like real live humans these days.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 10,141 mod

@Vok

The thing has been growing ever since I can’t remember when. It’s been growing slowly but steadily; it doesn’t make a difference if I sing or not. I use my voice a lot at work, and I think that’s hurting my throat.

Have you been to the doctor to get it checked out? Throat problems should definitely be looked at as soon as possible!
    (Quote)
    Have you been to the doctor to get it checked out? Throat problems should definitely be looked at as soon as possible!

No, I haven’t. It’s already been a while since I got my throat checked out the last time. I want to go see a doctor soon, but I needed to upgrade my health insurance before getting any diagnosis, just in case. I actually had it upgraded this month finally, which means I need to wait for another 90days before I can see a doctor.