Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Your diary in LE forum

Comments

• aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,747 mod
    edited December 2013
    No, @Helvio I can't help you because I can't understand the least bit of Farsi :D
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 Inactive
    But you can help me with Arabic alphabet @Aladdin, can't you? :)>-
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    Where are you from @aladdin?
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,747 mod
    @Helvio. Sure with my pleasure.
    @nil. From Egypt.
    edited December 2013
    Try to guess @nil, his name is very suggestive. ;)

---

I am late. #-o
    Diary, time to go, the children are waking up!
    there maybe lot of Arabs out of Egypt with same name as aladdin @Helvio.
    ___

Hurry up. :D
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Ho ho ho @Helvio. Did you dress up as Santa?

In the last two days I have met someone from Bhutan, a woman from Croatia, a few Americans and Brits, a Canadian, a couple of Froggies, lots of Tibetans, some Indians, a lady from the Netherlands, several people from Singapore, a few others from Taiwan, one lady from Hong Kong, and many more from various other countries.
    WoW @Mheredge, you are knowing a lot of people, I think they are very lucky! ;)

:D Unfortunately no Marianne, there's no Santa's clothes that fit me. :D

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭
    @Helvio - this is a great site for Arabic learners: http://www.arabic-studio.com/
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Prosey, I will take a look over it.
    Post edited by pryfllwyd on
    @Helvio, it's me that's very lucky. But you can't possibly be too big to fit into Santa's clothes! He's quite a portly chap, isn't he?

I met a lovely Russian nun from St Petersburg today, and a Tibetan who was standing in the Russian section. When I suggested that he didn't look very Russian, he laughed and said that he used to live there, but in fact, now lives in Vietnam. I guess his Russian is better than his Vietnamese as they are translations in both of these languages. The Slovakians who were sitting near me unfortunately can't stay until the end, so I won't be seeing them again tomorrow. It really is a very international group.
    Diary, it will be fun, a week lazing at home before return at work, and I am thinking on going to my mother's home for a couple of days. Yep, her grandchildren will like it.

And @Mheredge I am almost 7' tall, so, if I want to dress me like Santa, and I don't, I would need to pay a seamstress to make it for me. I think it is a low paid work. :P
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,161 mod
    Dear diary,

We are packing our bags again and will be setting off up north tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be kind.
    Time to go home, let's ride. :D
    I am watching The Wolfman, I think @Nil would like it.
    I have no idea what it is, @Helvio :)
    @Helvio I like scary movies about ghosts and demons and these kind of things that are near the fact, not about werewolves. They are comedy not scary.
    Dear Diary, I think maybe I'll watch a movie tonight. But it definitely won't be Wolfman or anything scary @Nil and @Helvio. Maybe it will be more like Brideshead Revisited...
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,077 mod
    I have recorded Death at Pemberley -three episodes! - and will watch it tomorrow while hubby is out at football.
    Oh dear, Amatsu, is Mr Darcy dead?
    edited July 2014
    it is a werewolve movie as @nil has told.
    Here it goes a poster.

and a trailer

Post edited by pryfllwyd on
    @Nil, please, make a list with some of your favorite movies. :)
    I used to be Lucy-vampire. ;) I wouldn't say this is my genre but I admire Anthony Hopkins (he was an outstanding Pierre Bezukhov)
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,077 mod
    I watched it at the cinema with my mum when I was quite young, in two parts, but I cannot remember which version I saw. However, I was in love with Pierre afterwards, so maybe it was Henry!! :P
    Anthony Hopkins can be seriously scary. Maybe I will have to see The Wolfman! I can't download anything for a while, but as soon as I can, I'll try.
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,161 mod
    Dear diary,

I hope the people in the Range Rover, which broke down on the train in the tunnel, get their vehicle going.
    edited December 2013
    Such an excellent actor as Hopkins can do everything convincingly. :) @amatsuscribbler which Henry? Do you mean Andrey? Bolkonsky has been always my favourite. :)
    Dear Diary, I hope the Dalai Lama feels better tomorrow. He had to leave early - Delhi belly it seems.
    edited January 2014
    Dear Diary, I catched a cold again. It's my forth time. I think I seem lovely to viruses. :(

----------------------

- I caught a cold again. It's my fourth time. I think viruses are attracted to me.
    Post edited by Teach on