Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Learn English in March

Random thoughts and topics

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,966 Inactive
    @prateek

I'm amazed by how much you've written in your previous comment. I know it must've been a big job to write it up!

One essential point you wanted to make in your comment, if I got it correctly, you think that consciousness is there even before emotions, feelings, thoughts, actions, attitude, or the like. Those are the consequences of consciousness. In order to "truely change yourself" as nothing from your past remains in you, you have to change your consciousness. ( Note that "truely change yourself" is something I added from reading your comment, so it might not represent your thought. )

As for the conclusion, you think that active use of consciousness is something that only human beings can conduct.

Did I get your comment correctly?
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 Inactive
    @takafromtokyo
    Yeah, you have got it. :)
    It is the first time I have written so long. Due to lack of time, I didn't mention how consciousness is related to our mind and if to think about mind it is not one word like in the English language but it has about the four parts of the mind, which are intellect, the identity, the memory and pure intelligence.
    Intellect is overvalued nowadays and other parts of the mind are underestimated.
    Anyway, to keep this comment not long I will conclude that we should try to value our pure intelligence which is the part of our mind having no memory at all, it is the source of creation and I think active consciousness can be achieved from there. ( Nowadays rarely any human beings use their active consciousness, everybody is running behind intellect. )
    @prateek

So, based on your description, consciousness is related to our mind, and you think that we can say that our mind consists of four parts: intellect, identity, memory, and pure intelligence. Concerning active use of consciousness, you think "pure intelligence" is the most important part because active consciousness come from this part.

I want to understand your view as correctly as possible. Is this a famous theory in psychology, by the way? I'm not an expert in psychology, so maybe it's just that I haven't heard of it before but everybody else has.

To help me understand it better, can you think of any specific examples of "pure intelligence"?
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 Inactive
    @takafromtokyo

First of all, this is not any psychological research or any scientific research. I suppose it comes from active consciousness. I have got this all from my grandfather and I am still trying to understand the things but as said this is a huge topic all over the world and still great persons are giving speeches over this topic and I am also not any philosopher or expert in psychology. It is just a feeling generated in my mind and I am typing whatever is coming in my mind.
    Pure intelligence is unsullied by memory, it has no trace of any kind of memory, it’s just pure intelligence. If you touch this, then you have access to what you are referring to the source of creation. For example, a little child uses his/her pure intelligence to understand us. Like @takafromtokyo is born in Japan and as a child when he started to talk than nobody has taught him Japanese. In my perception, it was pure intelligence of @takafromtokyo and I think you may have taken only 2 or 3 years to do conversation with people and your Japanese accent is also awesome but now you are learning English and now also after many years you still find yourself somewhere speaking English in Japanese accent (My accent is horrible and I struggle always to speak in front of people in English). because we are learning English with memorizing words and even translating words in our native languages. So, in learning English we are using our intellect, memory, identity but not using pure intelligence as much as we should use it.
    I don't mean to say that we should use only pure intelligence but all the four parts of the mind are essential to use in an optimized way.

Pure intelligence is the last point of the mind. It connects to the basis of creation within you. It connects you with your consciousness and active consciousness is nothing but the connection of a human being to his/her consciousness.
    That is why it is said that active consciousness is only possible in human as human can connect it by the help of his/her four dimensions (or part) of the mind.

Everybody has got pure intelligence within but sometimes sit alone and try to think like baby or child. You will be amazed to know that baby doesn't think anything. He does anything according to his/her active intelligence. Baby doesn't care about what parents are saying. He jumps were ever his pure intelligence take him. How do we get to know what we want to become in life? It is our pure intelligence that takes the decision if want to become an Engineer, Doctor, Economist, Teacher and after taking this decision we use other three parts of the mind that are intellect, memory, and identity to become successful in our career. Nowadays why we often see many people unsuccessful in their career because many people are using their intellect over pure intelligence. You cannot use a knife to stitch a cloth. the knife can be used to cut it into pieces. That what happens with people they try to stitch their career but instead, they tore it.

I hope you have got what I want to explain. @takafromtokyo :)
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 26,184 mod
    edited March 2017
    @prateek @mohit_singh @takafromtokyo

What I think about intelligence:

It is a distorted picture of differentiation to deny that one child is more intelligent than the other.

This may lead to setting lower expectations to students on cognitive area, reducing the learning performance.

I agree with Gardner who says: "Intelligence means: the ability to learn, to solve problems."

Although it is generally accepted that intelligence is a property of the brains (the brain) it is not yet identify what features of the brains actually are. Some researchers believe that intelligence is not in one place is in the brains, but a characteristic of the entire brain.

And I agree with @prateek says:
    "Pure intelligence is the last point of the mind. It connects to the base of creation inside you. It connects you with your awareness and active consciousness is nothing but the connection of man to his / her consciousness.
    That is the reason why it is said that active consciousness is only possible in the human being as a human can make a connection with the help of his / her four dimensions (or a part) of the mind."

Intelligence is related about the whole person and a combination of social behavior, emotional feelings, creative attitude, basic values ​​and processing of materies makes of someone a functioning person.

A person with a high IQ is therefore no functioning person. When I was the principal of the school for nurses I have to assess many students and I always used above qualities (in bold) to judge if he / she would be a good nurse.
    Keep your eye on yourself.
    Especially when things start rolling your way.
    That's when you start thinking that you're right.
    That's when failures start, and you don't even know it.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 42,705 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know that you used to be a nurse @Paulette. @april too.

I agree with you. An educated person isn't necessarily clever or intelligent. An intelligent person isn't necessarily educated. I know very educated and clever people who are totally inept when it comes to day to day life.
    @mheredge
    Some very educated and clever people could be totally inept when it comes to day to day life.

That's how wonderfully we are created. One could have a strength in certain areas. But he/she is not created perfect in every aspects. We're a bunch of imperfect beings who have to learn to get along with other imperfect ones.

But, isn't that beautiful the way it is? Think of the other way round. What if we were all born perfect and all mighty? There won't be any necessities or any meaningful interactions among people, because nobody needs anybody. That'll be completely boring.
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭
    Now, I am feeling that I am reading the best mind here! Thanks for your great Insights @prateel @takafromtokyo @Paulette. I can say, I got many interesting points.
    One of my friends said, "When God decides to use someone, He makes him fail first and gives him an ordeal. He tests the guy to see if he's quailified for the next bigger mission."

So, how many times have I failed in life?
    Do I really remember the past failures?
    How many times have you failed in life?

Or, am I going through an ordeal now?
    Are you?
    As long as you've done what you've got to do, as long as you've been true to yourself, rest in happiness when you go to sleep, knowing that all is well in your world. Let the consequences lead you to your next journey. Don't struggle and try to intervene. Just go with the flow and things will settle where they should be.
    I was browsing the forum and came across Larry's comments. I miss him.
    Since I don't have time enough to fully engage in the forum, I'll leave here a quick quote to share with everyone.

"The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, it will start to feel like one."

Do you guys agree with that? What do you think about it? Is there anything you want to add to this or make an amendment?
    One of my friends said, "When God decides to use someone, He makes him fail first and gives him an ordeal. He tests the guy to see if he's quailified for the next bigger mission."

So, how many times have I failed in life?
    Do I really remember the past failures?
    How many times have you failed in life?

Or, am I going through an ordeal now?
    Are you?

I only failed ! I haven't​ win yet.
    I was browsing the forum and came across Larry's comments. I miss him.

What a pity! I also miss him. Even in virtual platform we feel more than connected. Isn't it looks like a virtual family? @takafromtokyo @paulette @jackelliot @zom @kindgnice @Nippur @mheredge
    Since I don't have time enough to fully engage in the forum, I'll leave here a quick quote to share with everyone.

"The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, it will start to feel like one."

Do you guys agree with that? What do you think about it? Is there anything you want to add to this or make an amendment?

Frankly speaking ! Though I am used to be positive in most of the time but it's all in our mind. So I am partially agree with you as I don't have personal experience.
    @takafromtokyo @mohit_singh

Life can be seen as an ordeal. You're born and you have to cry to get food to live on. The cry of a baby is the first ordeal test, and so life goes on. Then at school must a child succeeds in certain tests to independently continue with his life and sometimes succeeds but can also fail, but life goes on and believe me dear friends this happens again and again a lifetime.

But I don't think we can say our lives have failed if we have to deal with setbacks. We say life goes for every human in prosperity and adversity.

Both of you are young and can make it in your life, you are strong and powerful. I believe in you! You're winners! :)
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 904 Inactive
    A smile in the day

blessings amongst

all those flowers

that Spring brings
    @mohit_singh
    You've only failed!?
    Then it could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe that someone up there is thinking of giving you a bigger important job!

I might as well congratulate you on your failure!
    @Paulette
    Thanks for your encouraging words!!
    @jackelliot
    Thanks for a beautiful poem!
    I love it!!
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 904 Inactive
    @takafromtokyo you are welcome
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

I feel grateful and very lucky to be included and have a set of circumstances and friends in and outside this community that is so fulfilling and such good fun. I'm being grateful to be born and alive.
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
    @Zom
    What a beautiful words to hear!
    I can't agree with you more!
    I agree with you @Zom

On this forum is the quote of Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882), an American essayist and one of the most influential thinkers of the United States, very appropriate:
    "The best of friendship is not the outstretched hand, the friendly smile, the human contact but the warm feeling you get when someone believes in you and gives you confidence."

This is the friendship we have on the forum, each of us lives in a different country or a different continent, and yet we feel so connected to each other! Is not this wonderful?
  • felipeserialfelipeserial Posts: 6
    Hello everyone!
    Some times I write to relax, so below is a short text about:

A Brazilian Day.

I wake up early, take a quick shower because I have to get the train. I pray to God for everything that I have: my family, my wife and for all my pains. You may ask yourself “Why be thankful for pains?” It’s easy to answer bro, you need to realize that all growing process demands pain! I lock my apartment and head to train station, meanwhile my mind think about all frustration. Frustration about the safety. Frustration about politics. Frustration about the country. Maybe it’s an apocalypse.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 42,705 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope I don't prove how inept I can be wielding a hammer @takafromtokyo. I need to make a couple of wood frames to make mosquito screens to put in a couple of my windows. I know what I need to do in theory but whether my carpentry skills will be up to it is quite another matter.
    @mheredge
    “Carpentry skills” — these are new words to me.

Hmm.. come to think of it, I don’t remember any chance of displaying my carpentry skills in terms of building a piece of furniture. I think I have always shown my skills to destroy them.
    Hi, guys.
    Do you want to be better at English?
    How often do you use English everyday?
    For me, I don’t have a chance to use it in my work. I don’t have a chance to use it in my house either. That’s why I write comments now and then. Keep commenting is the only way to keep using it for me. I wish I could meet more people here.
    @mheredge do you know that thumbs are very vulnerable when you do this carpentry job, maybe you can better better protect them?