Sometimes referred to as lo Stivale (The Boot) or Bel Paese (the Beautiful Country), Italy has a lot to be very proud of. From the Romans to the Renaissance with famous names like Leonardo da Vinci, Galileo, Michelangelo and Machiavelli, Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus and more, along with Greece, it is accepted as the birthplace of Western culture.
As well as this, Italy has one of the very best cuisine (if not the best) cuisine in the world. There is a huge variety, depending where you go too. Cuisine is an art and is definitely far more than just pizza and spaghetti. I knew that Italy has some excellent cheeses, but I am impressed to learn that there are nearly 800 kinds - 500 more than France!
I'm not sure how true these stereotypes are however.
1. Italians Can’t Live Without Pasta
2. Italians Talk With Their Hands
3. Italians are All About ‘La Famiglia’
4. Italians are Habitually Late
5. Italians are Die-hard Football Fans
6. Italians Love a Good Cappuccino
7. Italians are Obsessed with Fashion
8. Italians aren’t Scared of Public Affection
9. Italians Love the Opera
10. Italians Can’t Get Enough of Dante’s Divine Comedy