Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

What are you doing now?

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,592 Inactive
    @Indu07
    Did you get fish for breakfast?
    What did you make for breakfast?
  • igor2017igor2017 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I am preparing to the work day that will be tomorrow. Morally.
    Right now, I'm reading comments from the notifications. I'm trying to catch up!
  • Indu07Indu07 Posts: 116 ✭✭
    @takafromtokyo not for breakfast dear. I made fish for lunch. I bought salmon. This is my first time I am trying salmon,it is really tasty!
    @Indu07

Salmon is one of my favorite fish. Simply put it on grill with a little bit of salt, and you get nothing better! And it goes really well with a bowl of rice!
    Right now, I'm stuck in a fully packed train. It's so hot in here. I wonder why they don't turn on the AC. Are they trying our durability?
  • Indu07Indu07 Posts: 116 ✭✭
    @takafromtokyo
    That's exactly what I did. But I added little chilli flakes too. I like spice.
    @Indu07
    That could be an option!
    I like hot and spicy, too!
    I'm on the train on my way to my office. It's packed with people as it is every morning. The car at the front of the train is women only.
    I'm in Suwa, Nagano prefecture.
    The sun is out. It's a little cloudy, but it's bright.
    It's a bit strange because the snow is falling. Snowflakes are drifting in the wind.
    I've just come out the convenience store in the parking area on the highway, and it's still snowing. How weird it is! There's no clouds in the sky and I can see the stars, but it's snowing.
    I've just been to a stationary shop and this stationary shop is in a department store. As I walked around the department store, I saw many shops selling confectioneries and cakes and the like specially designed and packaged for the coming White Day. They looked really cute.
    I'm at a Starbucks close to my clients office that I'm going to meet with first in the morning. I'm looking for documents that I'll be discussing with him.

Every time I come to Starbucks, I'm amazed by how expensive those sandwiches they serve are. And I'm even more surprised to see people getting their coffee AND those expensive sandwiches! It's going to add up to something like 600-700yen. I can't believe people can just spend such amount of money right after they get off the train station in the morning just to start the day!

I mean, I do admit the importance of taking breakfast...
    I'm walking along the Yasikuni-Douri avenue to my next appointment. The sun is out. Warm, gentle breeze. It's a wonderful spring day for walking!
    The Yasukuni-Douri avenue is a pretty wide road. It has four lanes on one side. Do you call such a street a four-lane sreet, or an eight-lane street?
    My last appointment for today has just finished.
    Thank goodness it's Friday, and I'm on my way to the English speaking cafe!
    I'm on my way home now. I forgot that I had to get back earlier if possible be aunt wife had a "disco" party tonight. She'll be late coming home, so I need to look after my hungry daughter's.
    I was lucky to remember that before I walked into the English speaking cafe!
    I feel very tired now. I just took my biggest daughter to the restaurant where she works part time. She finishes her job around 2:30 in the morning. I need to go pick her up then. I think I should take a nap before I do my dishes and take down the clothes from the hangers and put them back in the closet.
    I've just got a call from my wife. She says she took the wrong train and can't come back all the way back home, only half way back to Mitaka Station. She needs me to come pick her up, so now I'm off to the station to retrieve her.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 21,766 mod
    @takafromtokyo

How nice of you Taka to pick up you wife, but I think your wife will reward you richly for it because women do this! I hope you found her.

I am enjoying at the moment to have a neat house and enjoy all the wonderful floral aromas of the bouquets in my house
    @Paulette
    Actually when I was waiting for her and her friend at the Mitaka Station, she called me up again and told me there was some kind of an accident and they were stuck at the station right next to Mitaka Station. I had to move again but was lucky enough to find them without problem.
    I've just brought my youngest daughter to her swimming class, and I saw cherry blossoms in the nearby park already had flowers. I said to my daughter, "Oh, the cherry blossoms have already bloomed partially!", and she said. "Yeah, I can see that, Dad!"
    I've just finished reading the first episode of Judge Dredd in comics. I found it on a free online comic website. I realized that reading a comic is far more difficult than reading news articles. But I suppose it's far closer to how people speak.
    I'm going to cut open the empty milk cartons. In Japan, we usually buy milk in a 1liter paper carton. After we finished it and the carton is empty, we dry it and cut it open to bind it together with other ones. We take the bundle of cartons out for recycle.

What about in your country?
    edited March 2017
    @prateek @jackelliot @mohit_singh @takafromtokyo

I am just finished my Sunday breakfast. On Sunday my husband goes to the bakery for me and he brings several kind of bread. Than we have breakfast together and we make plans the following week. Sunday morning is a oasis of rest.

@takafromtokyo
    The empty milk cartons are going in a special sack, we call it PMD sack = Plastic-Metal-Drink carton.These bags are picked up and taken to a sorting center

Drinks cartons are sorted out. Drinks cartons consist of about 75% cardboard, 21% plastic (polyethylene) and 4% aluminum; these materials are then further separated from each other for the recycling.

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,146 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm weighing up whether to spend the sunny day inside, visiting museums and art galleries or whether to walk around outside. It's a tough life being a tourist!
    @Paulette
    I'm interested in how the recycling system varies among countries. I guess people have to buy those blue plastic bags in the picture, right?

@mheredge
    It's tough to be a tourist, right! And you live to be one!!
    edited March 2017
    @takafromtokyo @mheredge

Yes we must buy the sacs and they are picked up 2 times per month. and when the bag is stuffed wrong than you receive a red sticker with it isn't OK.

Indeed @mheredge it is tough for a tourist because it is different in all the countries.

• chiffonchiffon Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @mheredge is tourism only a tough task...there isnt any amusement in tourism?
    I'm heading for my first appointment this morning in Chigasaki.