Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

What are you doing now?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,146 ✭✭✭✭
    My feet are aching from all the walking I've been doing @chiffon. I'm also dreading the chaos at Berlin Schoenefeld airport tomorrow in the wake of the last two days strikes. Hundreds of flights have been cancelled. Today, even easy jet has had to put passengers up in hotels who were affected by today's cancellations. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be okay.
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,592 Inactive
    @mheredge
    Fingers crossed! I hope things eventually turn out good for you.
    I nearly left my own keys at my friend's place and was all set to take her keys with me back to Nice. Fortunately I noticed in time, which is just as well as my spare keys are at my friends' who are at the moment in Japan @takafromtokyo!
  • chiffonchiffon Posts: 14 ✭✭
    sounds much difficult than I thought @mheredge
    @mheredge
    You noticed it just in time! Sounds like things are going for you. Haha!
  • mounamouna Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭
    I'm sitting down with my family,we are drinking a green tea ,my mother are telling them a story
    @mouna

Do you like green tea? I happened to drink a cup today. How many cups of green tea do you drink a day?
    I like drink tea but I don't drink it every day maybe twice a week
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭
    I've just finished reading the first episode of Judge Dredd in comics. I found it on a free online comic website. I realized that reading a comic is far more difficult than reading news articles. But I suppose it's far closer to how people speak.

If it is free, can you provide me the link. I also want to read comics. I think I can download it from some torrent site but I have never tried to read a comic. And recently, one of my professor also told me to read comic to improve the English speaking skill. It's a fun way to do so.
    I'm going to cut open the empty milk cartons. In Japan, we usually buy milk in a 1liter paper carton. After we finished it and the carton is empty, we dry it and cut it open to bind it together with other ones. We take the bundle of cartons out for recycle.

What about in your country?

We usually use everything from steel pot to plastic. If I will talk about my family we get milk directly from milkfarm. Most Indian have access to milkfarm
    @mohit_singh
    I hate to tell you this, but I lost the link ever since I cleared the archives, Now I can't go back to the site. The way I found the site in the first place is I typed "free online comics" in the search box and googled it. I hope it helps you get to find one!
    I'm on the train, heading back to my office. I have a meeting in the afternoon, but other than that I don't really have any appointments left today. I can focus on answering the questions and requests that I've got during my business trip.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 21,766 mod
    @takafromtokyo @prateek @jackelliot @mohit_singh

At the moment I am baking two wonderful birthday cakes, one for my youngest son who is today 34 year and one for my oldest grandchild who is 17 today. You can see this two birthdays are unforgetable for me they made a milestone in my life.
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 Inactive
    Happy Birthday to your son and grandchild. :) @Paulette
    25th March is also a great day for me now and I will remember it my lifetime.
    @Paulette
    Happy birthday for your son and your grandchild!
    Isn't it wonderful when people get together and you get to see so many happy faces?
    I'm on the train and I suddenly remembered the time when I was at the beach with my youngest daughter.
    We were playing with the waves. The wave chased us and we ran away. The wave started to leave and we chased it back home. The game went on and on, and we kept going back and forth. At one time we stood still in one place and watched the water pass by our feet, taking away the sand beneath our feet as it went back to join the next wave.

Have you ever been to the sea?
    What kind of games did you play at the sea?
    @takafromtokyo
    I go very often to the sea, I live very close to the North Sea and and we went with our children often play to the sea. We played in the water with the waves such as you with your daughter Taka or we made sandcastles on the beach. Also we could play hide and seek between the sand dunes (here by the North Sea, we have sand dunes, which are small accumulated zandbergen).
    Now ( we are older and the kids are married) we go to sea with the dog for long walks!
    @Paulette
    Isn't the North Sea rather too cold to get in or swim? I'm not so sure.

Oh, the sand castle! I almost forgot about it!
    Yeah, making sand castles and waterways and dams. Those are fun things to do on the beach.

@takafromtokyo in the summer months is it quite good to swim and to play in swimming suit on the beach. But in spring and autum then we played in the sand dunes or made a sand castle and in winter when it is freezing than you can make a long walk and look to the flow of the sea and listen to it wonderful sound of the water because there aren't many people then.
  • DaneshDanesh Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Right now I'm commenting in the forum, lol
    I'm joining the LEN English speaking club on skype ,I joined this group few weeks ago ,I think that my English is improved since I was here .
  • gokergoker Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I am sitting and talking with my girlfriend. Also you know i am writing this comment, lol. This joke is not good but it makes me happy. Is it @Danesh ? :D
    Now,I'm learning vocanulary about weather.I get more words about this topic like:gusty,swelterin,scorching .....etc
    I am shooting the breeze!
    I was just in my English talking class and we visited Bruges virtual.
    I've just finished all my duties for the week. I ate dinner with my wife and daughters, took a bath, brushed my teeth, and now I have some time to myself.

Now, I'm going to hang around the forum and add some comments!!
  • DeniscorrectDeniscorrect Posts: 23 Inactive
    Now i'm watching a second episode Two and a half men. Do not pretty understand Charley.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    I just ate dinner with my husband and now I am watching TV. :)
    I'm sipping on a nice cold glass of sangria, a refreshing drink made from wine and fruit juice.