Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

What are you doing now?

Comments

• mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭
    mheredge wrote: »
    I'm sipping on a nice cold glass of sangria, a refreshing drink made from wine and fruit juice.

Good! Make yourself refreshed! Great! B)
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,146 ✭✭✭✭
    My alcohol tolerance is quite low so I don't dare drink too much @mohit_singh. Right now I'm dithering whether I should go out and meet with some friends this morning or stay home and try and tackle some of the chores that are still waiting for me to do.
  • loma161loma161 Posts: 3
    Actually I'm exploring you're site right now
    I'm waiting for my friend to come to do the last bits of work. He's already an hour late.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 21,766 mod
    Patience is a beautiful virtue isn't it @mheredge? :# I wish you a lot of it today and I hope the builder is soon at your house.
    He's here now and I'm being deafened @Paulette! The end is in sight, but I have to find an electrician as the rewiring of my timer for the immersion heater is too complicated for him to do.
  • maykmayk Posts: 155 Inactive
    Surfing and while waiting to my brother to got home.
    @mayk you mean surfing on the net or real surfing on the sea or the ocean?
  • maykmayk Posts: 155 Inactive
    @Paulette Surfing on the net.
  • jhoy16jhoy16 Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Because I already sent my daughter to sleep, I'm now preparing all the learning materials to be used on Monday, the first day of class. My long vacation is almost over. I think my body is not yet ready for another school year.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Funnily enough as @jhoy16 is preparing for a new school yes, here teachers, children and students can't wait to start their 2 month summer break.
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
    @Zom. What they're feeling now is the total opposite of what i feel. And by the way, it's now summer there. Enjoy the sunshine.
  • mounamouna Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭
    I'm writing some points to discuss them with the nurses which they work with me then I 'll take a catnap.
    Count on me @jhoy16. Fingers crossed that this year the weather will agree that it's got toput on its summer clothes for two months. All the best with the new school year for you, colleagues and school kids.

No kidding @mouna, you are used to taking a nap in the afternoon? Maybe it's because your work in shifts.
    Preparing for a good night sleep. My husband and daughter are sound sleep already. I will just finish this good tv series that I'm watching now..
    @jhoy16 I wish you a good night while I just now will make a cycling tour is the afternoon sunshine!
    I'm about to go down and water my seeds. I planted a few things and sowed some seeds last week and so I have to make sure that everything gets a lot of water. I think I can see the first few shoots - unless these are weeds.
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 10,057 mod
    edited June 2017
    I am spoiling my husband because we celebrate Father's Day today in Belgium. So I make a very special cake for him (sugar free because he has diabetes).
    @Lynne you are the best teacher of the world because you're always busy at the forum, you make everyone can participate and you give them so much a sense of apprecation, you deserve flowers.

• JeyasriJeyasri Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    @takafromtokyo Hi , I am in holidays now . I am just reading the every group discussion on LEO and lying on bean bag.Nothing special apart from this .
  • LeanYoLeanYo Posts: 8
    I start with the studying for my exams
    or
    I'm starting to study for my exams
    :dizzy:
  • MishkaMishka Posts: 7
    I'm cooking sweat and sour chicken, drinking tea and eating yogurt.
  • jcfbjcfb Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Just working out a little. It´s a very hot day here so it´s not easy :)
    @jcfb do you live far from the forest fires in Portugal? So many victims trough the heat, I can't believe it when I saw the pictures at TV.
    @Paulette Yes, I live very far from the forest fires. It was the worst fire ever in Portugal. It seems that the cause of the fire was a lightning that cut a pine tree and start the fire. To make things worse, the wind at that day was very strong and caught by surprise a lot of people driving on a road nearby.

We can´t imagine the suffering that those people have gone through. :(
  • RitaLeeRitaLee Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Hi, I'm wandering this website for finding how to learn English here, actually I don't know how to start
    Hi @RitaLee and welcome to this forum!

You can go here to learn more: https://www.learnenglish.de/

Just start to search around this website, choose a topic, post a comment and interact with us. The people here are very nice and always ready to help :)

Enjoy it :)
  • RitaLeeRitaLee Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Thank you jcfb