Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

What are you doing now?

Comments

• RitaLeeRitaLee Posts: 59 ✭✭
    @jcfb thank you vey much
  • dmitry65535dmitry65535 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    We worked at the dacha. We just returned home.

------------------

We had been working at the dacha. We just returned home.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • pezhmanpezhman Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I am sitting in my chair and surfing on the internet in order to find a spacial paper in my favorite research. in addition I am trying to enhance my English language by the forum

---------------------

I am sitting in my chair and surfing the internet in order to find a special paper on my favorite research. In addition I am trying to enhance my English language here on the forum.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • medmansmedmans Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    i'm working, i'm developing a new web application for my client from sweden. i started it from scratch

-------

I'm working: I'm developing a new web application for my client from Sweden. I started it from scratch.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • medmansmedmans Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    i have finished my cooking just now.

-------------------

I have just finished cooking.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • AlleeAllee Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I have just had my lunch and now exploring this forum.

--------------

I have just had my lunch, and now I'm exploring this forum.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • sammanisammani Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I have just had a bath and now I am planing how to do my end exam without getting stress.

--------------------

I have just had a bath, and now I am planning how to do my final exam without getting stressed.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,957 mod
    edited November 2017
    Iˋm being here in the kitchen watching my girls preparing dinner. The radio is on and weˋre all listening to it too.

------------------

Iˋm in the kitchen watching my girls preparing dinner. The radio is on and weˋre all listening to it.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 21,766 mod
    edited November 2017
    @Hermine you are a lucky woman, you can suppose that you are in a restaurant and you are waiting on a friend while listening to nice music and to smell the wonderful aroma's of your fantastic, with love made meal!

----------------------

@Hermine you are a lucky woman; you can pretend that you are in a restaurant, waiting for a friend while listening to nice music and smelling the wonderful aroma of your fantastic, meal made with love!
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    @Paulette, please come back to reality. I wonˋt eat, Iˋll skip it.
    Just yesterday I was at the internist. And she told me I should better pay attantion to the food I eat: not too fat, not too much and not to much meat and not too hot.

------------------

Paulette, sadly I wonˋt be eating anything, Iˋll skip it.
    Just yesterday I was at the nutritionist, and she told me I should pay more attention to the food I eat: not too much fat, not too much meat and nothing too hot.
    Post edited by Teach on
    @Hermine what does the internist mean if he said not too hot. I think if food is too hot then you burn your lips or mouth and you can't eat it.
    edited September 2017
    @Paulette, itˋs never a good idea to eat too hot soup or something else hot. If you have stomach problems then you have to watch carfully what you eat.
    Post edited by Hermine on
  • sammanisammani Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I am studying while having a cup of tea.and also I am reading the posts in the forum.

-----------------

I am studying, while having a cup of tea. I am also reading the posts in the forum.
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    Iˋm here waiting time to come. Iˋm about to leave for school.

------------

Iˋm here waiting. Iˋm about to leave for school.
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    I was for two hours in the gym class, and now I and now I'm busy to finish the lunch.

-------------------

I was at the gym for two hours, and now I'm busy finishing lunch.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • catyfiruzecatyfiruze Posts: 41 Inactive
    edited November 2017
    I've just finished cleaning the room and started to watch my favourite "Friends"))

--------------------

I've just finished cleaning the room and started to watch my favourite TV series, "Friends".
    Post edited by Teach on
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,592 Inactive
    @catyfiruze
    How are you doing? How many episodes of Friends have you watched since you wrote your last comment?
    I remember watching one or two episodes of Friends, I remember they were funny.
    edited November 2017
    I'm in a coffee shop, writing comments on LEN before goint to work.

------------------

I'm in a coffee shop, writing comments on LEN before going to work.
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    I’m in a line at the cashier in a convenient store near my office. I’m trying to get a pot noodle for lunch.

Did you know the British say "in a queue"?
    Post edited by Teach on
    I’m in a little plaza at the Akihabara Station. I’m waiting for one of my clients to show up. I just got a call from him. He told me he was on the train right now. He’ll be a bit late.
  • ifalmeidxifalmeidx Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    :) right now I am in my bed listen to music on the radio. the forum radio.I was practicing dictation a bit I took two section I mean I wrote two exert. I found it quit fun to study English through this way.
    Indeed the music here I can understand the lyrics very well. :( I just realized that my English speaking skills is not good enough I this make me sad.
    I mean jeez, I have been studying English since 2014 and I can´t handle a conversation with other person , you see this is kinda frustrating, kinda drive me crazy. Please I need help... good advice , well , somehow I think I the advice is to practice more. Am I right..? :)

-----------------------

Right now I am in my bed listening to music on the radio. The forum radio.
    I was practicing dictation a bit: I wrote two excerpts. I found it is fun to study English this way.

I can understand the lyrics to the music here very easily, but I just realized that my English speaking skills are not good enough, and this has made me feel sad. I mean, jeez, I have been studying English since 2014 and I can´t handle a conversation with another person, you see this is kind of frustrating, and it's driving me crazy. Please I need help... good advice, although, somehow I think I the advice will be to practise more. Am I right?
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    @ifalmeidx
    Yes, indeed! Practice more, until certain amount of set phrase starts to come out of your mouth before you even try to make a sentence in your head.
    But to begin with, one area to practice is to make a chunk of words. When you spot a cat for example, instead of merely describing it “ a cat”, try to form a group of words such as “ a cat at the door”, or “ a tabby cat with a fluffy tail”, or a white cat that I usually see in the park” and the like.

Because words work as groups, the ability to form groups of words is really important.

@ifalmeidx
    Yes, indeed! Practise more, until certain set phrases start to come out of your mouth before you even try to form a sentence in your head. But to begin with, one area to practice is to make a chunk of words. When you spot a cat for example, instead of merely describing it as “a cat”, try to form a group of words such as “ a cat at the door”, or “ a tabby cat with a fluffy tail”, or "the white cat that I usually see in the park” etc.

Because words work as groups, the ability to form groups of words is really important.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • p_attilap_attila Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I'm reading articels on family and school conflicts, because I'm going to present a lecture on this topic.

---------------------

I'm reading articles on family and school conflicts, because I'm going to present a lecture on this topic.
    Post edited by Teach on
    @p_attila
    Have you done your presentation yet?
    I think you’ll be fine since you’re preparing for it.
    Good luck with your presentation!!
    edited November 2017
    I’m at a cafe near Shizuoka station. I’ve never know this place, but it looks like an excellent find I’ve made today. The atmosphere is great, breads looks delicious, they let me use the power outlet, and I’m the only one using the cafe at the moment. I can use it all by myself. How wonderful!

I’m at a cafe near Shizuoka station. I’ve never been here before, but it looks like an excellent find. The atmosphere is great, the bread looks delicious, and they let me use the power outlet. Since I’m the only one using the cafe at the moment. I have it to myself. How wonderful!

Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    @Lynne
    Thanks, Lynne! Your corrections are really helpful.
    "I can have it to myself" - got it!

------------

You can have a place to yourself when you are the only person there.

Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    It’s two in the morning here in Tokyo. I just woke up and finished washing the dishes in the sink. I went to bed at around 9:30 last night. So, it was pretty early to go to bed and that’s why I’m already awake.

I feel great to wake up early since now I have a lot of time to myself.

It’s two in the morning here in Tokyo. I just woke up and finished the washing up.

I went to bed at around 9:30 last night. So, it was pretty early to go to bed and that’s why I’m already awake.

Up till now it feels great having woken up so early, because I have a lot of time to myself.
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    Hello @takafromtokyo a very lovely morning to you. Here in Belgium it is six o'clock in the evening. I will start the dinner.

-----------

Hello Takafromtokyo, a very lovely morning to you. Here in Belgium it is six o'clock in the evening, and I am about to start dinner.
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    @Paulette
    How was the dinner last night?

Right now, I’m stuck in a traffic jam, which I wasn’t supposed to be stuck in. I went to sleep again and I’d forgotten to set the alarm. I overslept. The streets were already full of cars.

@Paulette
    How was your dinner last night?

Right now, I’m stuck in a traffic jam, which I wasn’t supposed to be stuck in. I went to sleep again and I’d forgotten to set the alarm. I overslept, and by the time I left home, the streets were already full of cars.
    Post edited by Teach on
    edited November 2017
    I just finished my first appointment of the day. I met with a client, who’s from Indonesia, who is one of my favorite clients, and we met today because he was going to quit the job at the end of this month. I’m happy that we could see each other before he quits.

Now I’m walking down the street to my next appointment. The sun is bright and the wind is not so chilly. I have his private phone number in my smartphone so that we won’t lose contact.

I’m happy!
    ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ"

I just finished my first appointment of the day. I met with a client, who’s from Indonesia: They are one of my favorite clients, and we met today because he is going to quit his job at the end of this month. I’m happy that we could see each other before he quits.

Now I’m walking down the street to my next appointment. The sun is bright and the wind is not so chilly. I have his private phone number on my smartphone, so we won’t lose contact.

I’m happy!
    ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ"
    Post edited by Teach on