Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
July
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Where are you from?

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 21,684 mod
    @wilidga thanks for the explanation. How can you as a citizen learn the languages or is this language only reserved for the tribe itself. I know they have their own traditions, music, medicins and I think a lot more things.
  • medmansmedmans Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I'm From Tunisia
  • AndrewSotnikovAndrewSotnikov Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Hi to everyone! I am from Ukraine (Kyiv).
  • mounamouna Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭
    @AndrewSotnikov Nice to see you there,Hello from Algeria.
  • AndrewSotnikovAndrewSotnikov Posts: 55 ✭✭
    @mouna , thanks! Is weather warm in Algeria now? There is so cold here last three days, +12 C. Brrrrr
  • mounamouna Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭
    It's so hot it's scorching here.you're welcome
  • ShanShan Posts: 5
    Hello friends I'm from Pakistan.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure that it is just a matter of time @rilex, when Serbia will be in the European Union.
  • OlaOla Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hi! I'm from Poland, exactly I live in Warsaw, but not in a town centre. I live in a silent, green district of my city.
    Hello @Ola nice to meet you on the forum. I am never been in Warsaw but I was once in Krakow to visit the concentration camp Auschwitz because a lot of Belgian friends and family of my parents were deported to there.
    I also know the Polish composer and pianist Frédéric Chopin.
  • enesenes Posts: 36 ✭✭
    ı m from turkey.not the animal one
    @enes welcome to the forum, I never visited the country Turkey but I visited once an animal turkey farm and there was a lot of noise there. I think Turkey as country is more quiet. I like its beatiful beaches with the blue sea. At the moment I am following the decisions if Turkey may or may not join the European community.
    @Paulette ı really don t care what will happen in future about political vision
    @Paulette but turkey is lovely places for everyone who wants to see all about nature and history
    @enes I think it is a problem of both as well from Turkey as from a lot of others communities, there is always something that constitutes an obstacle.
    @Paulette its all about politics ı think we have capable of of joining EU but political leaders of turkey make situation into hard
    It's complicated @enes. Many areas of Turkey are so very poor too, so the EU is wary of taking on such a large country that's also poor. But politics aside, one day I'm sure that Turkey will join the EU.
  • Hi i'm from Turkey and i live in Ankara which is capital of Turkey
    Hello @mehmetbozkurt97 welcome to the forum, you are from Turkey, the country of the pianist and composer Frédéric Chopin. He was a great man and his music is still alive.
  • Thank you @Paulette but he is from poland not Turkey :)
    @mehmetbozkurt97 thank you for the correction, I was really distracted to write that Chopin was from Turkey. I was togethet with one of my granddaughters searching for famous pianists and composers ( a task foor her school) and on my list was also Fazil Say of Turkey. I wrote the wrong name.
  • LexaLexa Posts: 4
    Hi there. I'm from Belarus. I've been living in Russia, Moscow more then 10 years though.
    @Paulette Auschwitz was a horrible place. I still haven't been there, but I feel I have to. People say that there you can feel the tragedy of this people who was there.
  • LexaLexa Posts: 4
    I like Krakow, it is one of my favourite places. I've been to Oświęcim two times. First time I was alone there, second time with my family. It is really overwhelming place.
    @Lexa I think you use the right word "overwhelming". I was in a other concentration camps and there was the same feeling.
    I certainly felt overwhelmed with Auswitz when I visited this place @Ola and @Lexa. I think it is very important to remember what happened in these places but sometimes I despair that humans will ever change and stop committing such atrocities.
  • CatoCato Posts: 8
    I am from Norway, Stavanger
    Welcome to the Forum @Cato. You could be living further north than anyone else here! I guess it must be getting quite cold for you now.
  • jennybabesjennybabes Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I am from The Philippines.

• CatoCato Posts: 8
    This summer was it some few day it didn`t rain. Where i live we got the sun everyday of the year, in north of Norway in Finnmark is the sun gone a half yaer if i am in Finnmark in winter and travel by plane to stavanger it feels like summer.