Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
Learn English in August

My choice of profile picture ...

Comments

• kevinabkevinab Posts: 29 ✭✭
    @Paulette Thanks, defenitely I will change it
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 35,654 mod
    @kevinab your avatar is very spherical, I feel the warmth of Christmas in it.
  • kevinabkevinab Posts: 29 ✭✭
    @Paulette sure... Christmas is my favorite time of the year... I am always waiting for Christmas
  • I would like change my avatar and I don't know how.
  • Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭✭
    > @alenahajkova said:
    > I would like change my avatar and I don't know how.

Click your screenname in the top right corner. You'll see your profile page with an enlarged version of your current avatar. Hover the mouse pointer over it and you'll see the "change picture" pop-up link. Click it and enjoy.
  • mr_trottermr_trotter Posts: 4
    I decided to put this avatar because West Ham is my favorite club, I started to support them while I was a young boy.
  • NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 1,339 Teacher
    @Rema , meet @mr_trotter - I think you might have something in common!
    @mr_trotter I don't know so much of socker but I think West Ham is a socker team of London and you live in Serbia so you must be a really fan of it. Do you follow the team via TV?
  • mr_trottermr_trotter Posts: 4
    @NatashaT I`m glad that we support West Ham and we will have something to discuss :)
    @Paulette Yes, you are right, unfortunately I watch them only on TV, but who knows maybe I will have a chance to watch them in London.
    edited November 2017
    @mr_trott so to improve your English is a very good idea because then you can really support your team in their own language.
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have chosen Xanthippe since I am rather sarcastic by nature. ;)
  • anshianshi Posts: 14 ✭✭
    new avtar should be brain.
  • RemaRema Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found out it @NatashaT by a pure coincidence :D
    We were at TGIF when I suddenly spotted the word- trotter amongst the top ten week's leaders(but didn't now anything about the avatar and other stuff because @Lynne just copied and pasted the list in the Discord's common chat) and asked her does it have some specific meaning apart from the last name which is used in England.
    She explained me the meaning of the word and told me to look at the Week's Leaderboard.
    OMG I thought when I saw it, either someone hacked my account or I lost my mind by unconsciously creating an alt account :D
    It was a real relief when I discoverd that it is not me :D
    Anyway, nice to meet you @mr_trotter , glad to hear that here is another West Ham supporter and hope that you will find the network interesting and useful for learning the language as well :)
    BTW. @Paulette , I think that big majority of people all around the world preffer calling it football to soccer(mainly in Amerika).
    Marko
  • Hi! my name is angie, the question is, How does my forum template change to a photo (Avatar)? you answer help to my homework of second languaje in the cobay, tank you! :blush:
  • AmieAmie Posts: 9
    now i want to change my avatar but i cant. it is a pity! huhuuuuu ! wait! waittttt!!! wait until i have two star
  • AmieAmie Posts: 9
    > @GemmaRowlands
    > @Lynne
    I love dog but my parent dont permit me to raise them. we haven't condition. when i was married, i will buy a dog,care for it and make friend with it
  • VokVok Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    My choice of the avatar picture was inspired by my favourite British comedian - the fool, the round, empty-headed Mank, buffoon, moron Karl Pilkington. I will never get enough of him. :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Posts: 10,331 Inactive

I decided to put this avatar because West Ham is my favorite club, I started to support them while I was a young boy.

Why did you choose to support West Ham? Is it because of where you live, or is there another reason for liking that team in particular?
    edited December 2017
    @Vok do you also look like Karl Pilkington both your thoughts and your outside appearance? ;)
  • ipek45ipek45 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    My avatar which is a sea view from Ayvalık in Turkey. Ayvalık is the most beautiful city .There is a sea side . Ideal for summer holiday. Since I was a child , ı went to every summer holiday with my family. We had a home in there. I go to Ayvalık still every summer.
    @Paulette
    No, I don't even remotely resemble him both in mental and physical characteristics. I wish I had his Mancunian accent though. Sometimes when I'm alone at home and no one can see me I try emulating his accent, albeit not very successfully. :)
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Vok
    I have never heard about this British comedian, It seems he is a bit sad? But are not they the best clowns? :):D;)
    @ipek45 :)
    I see that you also have your avatar, It seems a nice place to go on holiday, but my husband doesn't want to go abroad. Too bad! :s

@Michouxe
    What British comedian do you fancy watching then? Have you heard of Ricky Gervais? Sorry for the digression from the main topic. I hope I would not be reproached by moderators for it.
    I wouldn't immediately which comedian I know, haha !!!! I know Benny Hill....? :D
    Don't worry, your avatar is funny! ;)
    Vok said:

@Michouxe

What British comedian do you fancy watching then? Have you heard of Ricky Gervais? Sorry for the digression from the main topic. I hope I would not be reproached by moderators for it.

I find Ricky Gervais very funny indeed. He is one of my favourite comedians, and I enjoy watching his work.
    edited December 2017
    @GemmaRowlands He's hilarious, isn't he? I find some of his stand-up jokes a bit offensive, though. BTW, have you watched "The Office"? It is absolutely cringeworthy :D
    Vok said:

@GemmaRowlands He's hilarious, isn't he? I find some of his stand-up jokes a bit offensive, though. BTW, have you watched "The Office"? It is absolutely cringeworthy :D

Yes I have seen it, and I know exactly what you mean. It is cringeworthy, but at the same time I do really enjoy it and find it funny.
  • MartinCMartinC Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I've choosen my avatar about what I want to learn.
    @MartinC
    I see a blackboard, I think, It's a good choice. I wish you a lot of success with learning English! ;)