Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
There I was on a July morning,
I was looking for love.
With the strength
Of a new day dawning
And the beautiful sun.
And at the sound
Of the first bird singing
I was leaving for home.
With the storm
And the night behind me
Yeah, and a road of my own.

Uriah Heep - July Morning
Learn English in June

My choice of profile picture ...

Comments

• MarkRavenhoodieMarkRavenhoodie Posts: 27 ✭✭
    > @Paulette said:
    > @MarkRavenhoodie I hope that the contacts and the comments on this forum you will help to clarify this fog and to find a bit of brightness in your dark thoughts.

Yes I hope so
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 4,615 mod
    Every cloud has a silver lining.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Posts: 10,331 Inactive

> @Paulette said:

> Do you are melancholic or do you have more gloomy thoughts @MarkRavenhoodie? Do you mean that you live in dark clouds and that you have foggy thoughts?

Yes, everything in common. Something unclear and complicated.

I agree with Paulette - there are lots of people on this forum who would be more than happy to chat to you and help you to cheer up.
    > @GemmaRowlands said:
    > > @Paulette said:
    >
    > > Do you are melancholic or do you have more gloomy thoughts @MarkRavenhoodie? Do you mean that you live in dark clouds and that you have foggy thoughts?
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, everything in common. Something unclear and complicated.
    >
    > I agree with Paulette - there are lots of people on this forum who would be more than happy to chat to you and help you to cheer up.

Sounds great, thanks, this is what I in need to at this time.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 35,510 mod
    @MarkRavenhoodie how are you today, I hope that there is a ray of sun in your thoughts and if not then I you can get a spot of ray of me. B)
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,756 mod
    During our holiday in Italy, @Thijn and I started learning Italian via Duolingo. We take it easy on, for we don't need it immediately. However it's good to train your brains by learning a new language.
    > @Paulette said:
    > @MarkRavenhoodie how are you today, I hope that there is a ray of sun in your thoughts and if not then I you can get a spot of ray of me. B)

Something on average, but fine. Yes, some conversations helps to think more freshy.
  • IvanZhaoIvanZhao Posts: 16 Inactive
    HaHa...I have changed my profile picture to Koala.
    @IvanZhao are there enough eucalyptus trees in your neighborhood to give it food? ;)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Posts: 10,331 Inactive

> @GemmaRowlands said:

> > @Paulette said:

>

> > Do you are melancholic or do you have more gloomy thoughts @MarkRavenhoodie? Do you mean that you live in dark clouds and that you have foggy thoughts?

>

>

>

> Yes, everything in common. Something unclear and complicated.

>

> I agree with Paulette - there are lots of people on this forum who would be more than happy to chat to you and help you to cheer up.

Sounds great, thanks, this is what I in need to at this time.

You're welcome, I think we all need someone to speak to sometimes, and it can help a lot.
  • YellowtailYellowtail Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭
    I drew a new picture! What do you think?
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yellowtail <3 What a nice fish, I think he is happy? So you too!
    @Michouxe
    Yeah, I'm happy. Thank you! :)
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 48,481 ✭✭✭✭
    Frank said:

During our holiday in Italy, @Thijn and I started learning Italian via Duolingo. We take it easy on, for we don't need it immediately. However it's good to train your brains by learning a new language.

I have been using this to learn Italian and find it has helped a lot. I need to get back into the habit of spending twenty minutes every day following the exercises.

I love the fish @Yellowtail. I have been rather unimaginative and used a photo I took in Ladakh.
    @Yellowtail what a beautiful telling profile picture, that really lives up to your nickname!
    @mheredge @Paulette
    Thank you. I like your pictures too!
  • DhananjayDhananjay Posts: 26 ✭✭
    My profile picture says everything about me. In profile picture I am sitting in front of my desktop and writing some piece of code which i love most in this world.
    @Dhananjay
    Then are you a programmer ?
    @Yellowtail yes you are right. I am a programmer.
    @Dhananjay
    I do programming too. I'm glad to see you! :)
    @Yellowtail Its my pleasure So we both have something common mate . :wink:
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I want to change my avatar, I think people don't like mice?🤔
  • AnishaAnisha Posts: 4
    hi there, i have changed my profile pic (avatar)..we should be strong enough whenever any obstacles came in our life..so here i have put this as a dp.
  • eualineeualine Posts: 17 ✭✭
    my nickname is the junction of the pronoun EU (I) with my name (Aline). the photo is of my cat Lola.
  • MarcosMarcos Posts: 161 ✭✭
    I choose this photo, 2 years ago, because this was my facial expression when I'm started learn english. Soon I will change my photo.
  • KimiakmlKimiakml Posts: 5
    Hi guys I am new member here
  • Hemanth_SaiHemanth_Sai Posts: 7
    My Avatar is photo of mine, that's my favourite photo. That was taken when I went to my best friend home for the first time.
  • MonikaMonika Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I changed my profile picture to this, because I´m almost as tall as a giraffe :smiley:
  • MarcosMarcos Posts: 161 ✭✭
    I changed my photo, because I really love my country.