Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Do you believe in ghosts or not ?

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 23,551 mod
    @Ali1 it also exist in England here you can see it:
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,686 ✭✭✭✭
    I though animals would have the sense not to get scared by their shadow @Ali1. Though I suppose donkeys have to live up to their reputation of being rather dumb!
  • Ali1Ali1 Posts: 102 Inactive
    @[email protected] stop making fun of the poor donkey. it could press charges against you for Humane Center for Animal Welfare.
    Donkeys are a bit stupid, but mules are plain stubborn @Ali1. I think I'd rather deal with a silly little donkey than a mule. We also pay little respect to silly old goats.
    @Ali1 donkeys are very cute but they can make a lot of noise if they are lonely and they are not so stupid as everyone thinks.
    in my religion and culture donkeys and rosters have special treatments, besides we consider donkeys as stupid animal, they can see what we cant they can see terrestrial creatures like satan and ghosts. But we believe when the rooster squawks it sees a celestial creature, angles, in particular, [email protected] @Paulette
    @Ali1 in in many culturs are animals present such as in the catholic Bible to. There is the story about the rooster who crows three times when Peter is lying. There is also the story about the snake in the Paradise and about the good sheperd who cares for his sheep.

If I hear a rooster who crows I always think by meself, have I maybe told a lie! I think this is a consequence of our upbringing.
    I am obviously a townie and would never have thought twice about a cockerel crowing @Paulette.
    edited April 2018
    Maybe you have an impeccable conscience and you never lie @mheredge or you never hear a rooster?
    I don't hear them except when I'm Nepal, where even in the middle of Kathmandu sometimes you can hear them @Paulette.
    @[email protected] do you mind if i tell you something about the metaphysic caves in my country? as we live in a country where many civilizations were there like roman and Greece and they had mysterious knowledge to make some caves to be like the banks in its safety nowadays. these caves seem to be hunted that is no one can enter unless he gets harmed by these terrestrial creatures. those who tried to excavate these caves sometimes encountered a giant snake or a very huge man who prevent him from completing his mission, so, do you care for joining me to excavate one of these plain rich caves as you unbeliever in these things i will let you run the risk to have a chance to be wealthy
    @Ali1 which country do you live in? I think caves often excite curiosity and can be associated with ghosts and other supernatural beliefs.
  • inaamzinaamz Posts: 8 Inactive
    I don't believe in ghosts. Since my childhood, I visited many places where people used to say that ghosts were present but I did not find any. I think they don't want to see me, may be they feel shy :smile:
    @inaamz do you think it is shyness they feel if they see you, I think they are anxious of you, because they see a brave, strong guy! :D
    I think I believe in ghosts @inaamz. But I'm not sure that everyone can sense them, or see them.
  • inaamzinaamz Posts: 8 Inactive
    Thanks @Paulette
    @mheredge i am from Jordan. It is common in the countrysides to find enchanted caves which filled with supernatural beasts.
    @Ali1 I visited Jordan, but as a tourist I never really got to see much of the countryside. I visited Petra and can imagine ghosts here though.
    @mheredge nice to hear that. if we met before, i would invite you to my home, have blast and find our way around.
    I had a fabulous time in Jordan @Ali1. I even made it to Basra and Damascus for a few day (it was many years ago, before all the political problems there).
    @mheredge i wish you can visit Jordan again...
    One day maybe @Ali1. I used to travel quite a lot in the Middle East but it was a lot easier in the 1990s.
    I recall my father teling me that sailors believe seagulls are reincarnated seamen. They certainly make a lot of noise! But sailors will not ever kill seagulls for this reason.
  • ech0panditech0pandit Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    I don't believe in god neither do I believe in ghosts but I have to share this experience, after finally knowing that I got selected by the company I was very relieved and I straightaway went to my Nani's(maternal grandmother) home and enjoyed the evening. I went to bed early and suddenly I woke up in the middle of night. I felt thirsty and I didn't get up to get water but I just sat for 2 to 3 minutes until I heard someone calling me with my name, usually at that house everyone calls me by nickname but the voice said my full firstname, I was shocked at first and rubbed my face and ears to this thought that I may, I maybe mistaken after which this voice was again heard by me 2 times, I was scared to death and after that I got up and moved towards my nani, I woke her up and told her what happened, she went and checked if the doors were locked or not. I think it is our minds that manipulate how we see things assuming my case I shouldn't have feared whatever there was. I like watching horror movies and there was a scene in which time between 3 am to 4 am is best for ghosts, maybe this thing generated the fear in me, if I hadn't known about this I may have reacted differently.
    Maybe it was a dream @ech0pandit. I like to believe in ghosts or spirits however.
  • ech0panditech0pandit Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    I believe until and unless I see or I feel it, which I haven't for either of them the god or a ghost, although I take god as a power like will/hope etc.
    I think I have @ech0pandit, so this is why I think I have to believe in them.
  • mahmoudoxmahmoudox Posts: 7
    No, i don't.
    If i believe in ghosts, i could believe in any unreasonable things. Like a black hole lies in the betmoda triangle or something 😁
    I don't like to dismiss these things as there is so much that we don't know @mahmoudox. But I am not superstitious, and I think that they is usually an explanation for everything. I have read about the Bermuda Triangle but I am sure that there is a scientific reason behind the weird things that happen here.
  • mahmoudoxmahmoudox Posts: 7
    @mheredge yes we don't know so much, albeit we do know what can't be right. Everything violates basic physical laws can't be exist... don't you think ?