Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Do you believe in ghosts or not ?

124»

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 23,849 mod
    edited April 22
    The black hole is indeed a weird phenomenon but scientists are working hard to find an explanation of the so-called abnormal facts in the Bermuda triangle, they are thinking that the magnetic field is weaker in this place than in other places, which would make the compass less accurate and we should not forget that it is also a very busy shipping route so that accidents more frequent can occurence.
  • mheredgemheredge Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭
    Very strange things happen and so I am not sure I can say with all certainty that it can't exist. It might be that there are laws we still have no idea about @mahmoudox.
  • mahmoudoxmahmoudox Posts: 7 Inactive
    @mheredge what strange things ?
    Yeah there could be still_unknown laws, but the main principle is that laws can't contradict.
    So there can't be a law that contradict the energy conservation law for example.
    And all these things lake gosts tend to contradict many physical laws.
    @mahmoudox there are so many things that we can't explain from the Nazca Lines to people hearing things that go bump in the night. (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/things-that-go-bump-in-the-night)
  • ech0panditech0pandit Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    edited April 28
    @mheredge would you like to share the experience about which ever one of them you saw?
    Although I would say I have seen a ghost @ech0pandit, I think I have felt the presence of something I can't explain. There can always be scientific explanations but for me, the jury is still out on the subject and I would not like to say that they do not exist.
  • bfluentmanishbfluentmanish Posts: 328 Inactive
    Hi,let me clear one thing ghost do not exist it's our mind which plays with us at thought level according to me ghost meaning is which was in past,which happened in past is ghost.
    Moreover lot of manipulation has been done in the history in every where in the world and presented a scary story and image has shown like a monster.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 23,849 mod
    I completely agree with you @bfluentmanish ghosts don't real exist. A ghost appearance is a kind of thing that we allegedly experience, but that we not may see as a real presenting to us, but something with a deeper, essential core.
    Maybe....
  • sammanisammani Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    beileve it or not. I am totaly afraid of ghosts. :/
    Why are you afraid of ghosts @sammani? Surely, they are not all bad. I'd love to meet a ghost.