Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Learn English in February

AM/PM Session - 6 June 2017 - Everyday habits that reveal our personalities

NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 1,132 Teacher
We read an article about the Big Five personality traits, and how they relate to things that we do in our everyday life, like singing in the shower, reading books, or chewing pencils:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170518-the-everyday-habits-that-reveal-our-personalities

Vocabulary Top 10:

innocuous - not likely to bother or offend anyone; harmless

conscientious - very careful about doing what you are supposed to do; concerned with doing something correctly

bashful - nervous or uncomfortable in social situations; afraid to talk to people because of a lack of confidence

tardy - arriving or doing something late; slow in moving, acting, or happening

acrimony - angry and bitter feelings

swearing/cursing - using offensive words when you speak

penchant - a strong liking for something or a strong tendency to behave in a certain way

bullying - to frighten, hurt, or threaten (a smaller or weaker person)

prolific - producing a large amount of something

open-mindedness - willingness to consider different ideas or opinions (noun form of the adjective open-minded)

Can you identify any of the Big Five personality traits from the article, and what everyday habits are related to them?

Do you have any habits which show your personality?

Comments

• aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,749 mod
    Thanks @NatashaT for this awesome article in my point view most of the people can't change even if they thought that starting a new habit can change them. It didn't or to be more realistic it's a tiny probability to happen.
  • vinayagarwalkdlvinayagarwalkdl Posts: 35 Inactive
    Well....I think, I am innocuous , prolifi, bullying person.
  • NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 1,132 Teacher
    @vinayagarwalkdl I´m a little confused... how can you be both innocuous and bullying? Don´t they contradict each other?
  • vinayagarwalkdlvinayagarwalkdl Posts: 35 Inactive
    @NatashaT I confused with the word bullying, I thought that bullying stands for weaker person who could be hurt , frightened easily.