Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
April
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

ESL Vocabulary

TeachTeach Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,951 mod
The ESL vocabulary sessions in Kitely are often linked to the vocabulary challenge.

Comments

• TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,951 mod
    2017-08-15

This week I want you to tell me what we "have to do" and what we "must do" to make our swimming pool a nicer place to swim in.

Grotty Swimming Pool
  • NinnaNinna Posts: 70 ✭✭
    My homework! ;)

Making our swimming pool a nicer place to swim in:

In my opinion, we must clean this swimming poll the right way. So, I suggest:

First all, we have to wear some *PPE to protect us against physical or chemical accidents, it includes, goggles, gloves, mask, PVC or neoprene apron, waterproof overalls, boots, etc.

Second, we have to take out that icky mattress (rs rs rs ^^ ).

We must put in the pool some chemicals (chlorine, bromine) to treat the water, after that, with the right equipment, we must brush whole the pool, then vacuum and finally, circulation whole of the water.

To make that work, we have to use some equipment:

Telescopic Pole = can be extended to different lengths, we must use it to brushes, vacuum, etc.;

Skimmer net = to collect debris that’s accumulated on and below the water’s surface;

Manual pool vacuum = to take off the leaves in the bottom or robotic pool vacuum;

Pool Brush = you can scrub your pool’s walls and floor, removing dirt, and detaching algae before it can really take hold and grow;

We must invest in pool safety equipment as well:
    A lifesaver with a rope and Shepard’s hook.

We must remember to put on Chlorine, bromine, and other chemicals in the pool to keep it clear to avoid algae.

For safe, we must put a fence around the whole pool or a perimeter alarm - it will be useful when the pool is closed, but not in this case ... rs

We must install a safety cover to put on the pool;

*PPE may protect against physical, electrical, chemical, biohazard or airborne hazards, creating a barrier between the user and the hazard.

Many thanks for that session, I loved it!

;)
This discussion has been closed.