Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
August
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

how to improve ?

gebril9gebril9 Posts: 4 Inactive
i feel i cant get more improved in English any more

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Posts: 39,659 ✭✭✭✭
    @gebril9 don't feel discouraged. It is a slow process. Unfortunately there's no magic switch! But keep practicing a little and gradually you will see improvement.
  • gebril9gebril9 Posts: 4 Inactive
    i know that but some times i feel im doing good and other times i feel im not going any where @mheredge
    That's the way it is with languages for everyone I think @gebril9. I certainly feel this way about the Spanish I have learned, which because I never have much chance to practice is more 'off' than 'on.' But then when I meet someone who I can understand and communicate with, I realise I can't be as bad as I think.
  • richurichu Posts: 87 ✭✭
    But @mheredge.. there have a problem to me .i think i can speak in english but when i do it, words which are necessary for conversation or related to that topic do not come in my mind.please help me into.also i have a problem of nervousness but i know nervousness is out when i will talk to someone.
    I tell you a story of tommorrow is that when my one the friend is talking with me in english.he tells me before starting that if i will do any mistakes then he will not make lough of it and also he will help on it..but he doest.converse he make me laugh.because i had taking time in conversation.i am badly eagar to speak in english.
    @richu if you can keep in mind that English is for communicating, and that making mistakes is not the end of the world just as long as the other person can understand what you are trying to say, then you will make progress quickly.

I know exactly how you feel because when I try to speak Spanish (or Nepali, I get tongue-tied and even if I can understand a lot more, I can never find the words. You are lucky that your friend is helping you. But don't be scared to speak. The more you door, the easier it gets, promise!
    Thanks for your kind [email protected] a days it seems to me that i can ,i will do it.i am trying to think in english as well.also learn new words and make use of it in daily life by myself.if nobody is there i try to talk to myself in english.just speak whats in my mind.I will try to join session on it.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,066 mod
    @richu - your English is better than my French! Everyone has the same issues whichever language they are learning. It's the practise and determination that counts. And I'm sure you have plenty of that!
    Thanks a lot for building up my focus about it @ amatsuscribbler
  • ech0panditech0pandit Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    @richu if you really want to improve fast, give up the thought what others will think, I will give my own example I always felt intimidated, even if I was attending sessions, I thought if someone hears me what will they think, but presently it is not the same, I have improved a lot, and I don't care what others say.
    I totally agree with @ech0pandit @richu. Unfortunately the biggest barrier in mastering a new language is the fear of making mistakes and what other people will think of you.
  • elhattabfethielhattabfethi Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Without making mistakes and corrected them we can't improve our language.

Without making mistakes and correcting them, we can't improve our language.

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 3,066 mod
    We rely on mistakes to learn anything @elhattabfethi .