Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
April
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Royal wedding anyone?

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 37,407 mod
The BBC has the latest on everything you might want to know about the royal wedding - HERE

There's speculation on what Megan's wedding dress will look like: traditional, glam or plain old stylish. The BBC even recommends recipes for cakes if you fancy organising a street party.

Prince Charles will be walking Meghan Markle down the aisle on Saturday when she marries Prince Harry. Her father is unable to attend the wedding, after undergoing heart surgery. Prince Harry's grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, will also attend the wedding. At 96, he has been recovering from a hip operation. Ms Markle's mother, Doria Ragland, will take her daughter to the wedding at St George's Chapel in Windsor.

There have been crowds lining the streets for rehearsals at Windsor:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44152774

And the homeless who live in Windsor? Well the police impounded their bus that offered refuge to some of them.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-44167520

Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 37,407 mod
    And if you want to see it live on Twitter....

@TwitterNews | #RoyalWedding
    Did anyone see this? I didn't think I would but I just happened to see that the ceremony was starting, so I did. It was very beautiful and I'm glad I did after all! The couple looked so happy and the ceremony was extremely tasteful, with very nice music.
    @Vok I couldn't help but think of you when I read this! Yes it is about the royal wedding but takes the piss and an amusing read. I wonder if anyone could ever wear the Harry swimming costume and keep a straight face.

"Bad breath, Serena's shoes, and Henry who? Your royal wedding debrief

With the pageantry out of the way, we can take stock of the slightly odder things about Meghan and Harry’s nuptials"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/21/royal-wedding-debrief-serena-williams-names-bad-breath-meghan-harry?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=275691&subid=11006640&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Goodie bag for the 1200 commoners invited to the wedding:

• VokVok Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭
    Not again @mheredge . Give me a break! :D
    Hahaha @Vok. It was quite amusing. I did find myself reading the article about Charles and Camilla however. Not many people support him, but I have always felt sympathetic to him. But I have switched off in terms of anything more about the wedding.

(Just in case you want to read it....https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-charles-and-his-plot-to-make-the-public-embrace-camilla-parker-bowles-6bkqnbqsv#_=_)
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 7,686 mod
    I've to say the English royalitiy is the only one in the world who makes their feast so spectacular. The wedding photo of prince Harry and Meghan is amazing, I mean the colour of dresses each member wears it so great. The tender green clothes of the Queen and the bride's mother is so wonderful to look at.
    I wish I were so rich too, although I'm glad that we don't have a Queen or Kind in Austria.

When the family has anything to celebrate it is really hard work to get all the clothes neatly in order for the family members.
    edited May 2018
    Marianne many thanks for all your inputs refering to the last English wedding - I like to read it - written by an English lady.
    I'm not sure that I would see it as 'hard work' to find a suitably fashionable dress for something like this @Hermine. I'm sure that all the guests had a great time trying on beautiful outfits!
    I was surprised how less people watched the ceremony in school. Apparently the teachers there had something different or even more important to do.

As for me I liked to see the wedding dress.

Don't have teachers a more or less casual side.
    It was on Saturday @Hermine and I expect quite a few children might have watched if not all, parts of it on the TV over the weekend.
    @Hermine you might find this an amusing article to read about watching the Royal wedding. I think the author's wife had the same attitude to the wedding as @Vok!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/26/tim-dowling-oprah-too-early-royal-wedding?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=276157&subid=11006640&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

This time last week the country was much quieter than normal as a lot of people were glued to the box.
    I wonder if the couple had chosen the right partner. Kate had to wait a long time and to follow lots of rules the Queen ordered, but Meghan even was invited to the last Christmas celebration with the royals.
    I think as far as they were concerned, they chose who they wanted but tradition says that they need approval of the Queen, so it is not just in their hands @Hermine.