Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
April
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

How would you like organize a small bedroom?

Halia_9922Halia_9922 Posts: 27 Inactive
Hi guys, I'm going to move to another house and my bedroom is small, so I think that you can help me with a clever way for decorate my bedroom and organize all things a university student need...
XOXOXO

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 37,341 mod
    I used to have the smallest room in the house as my bedroom when I was living in my parent's house. I had drawers under the bed, shelves over the bed and at the end, a desk. The room wasn't much more than 2m x 2m but somehow it worked very well @Halia_9922.
  • viciumartisviciumartis Posts: 65 ✭✭
    well here we have funny proverb, sort of "Beams up, lady next to you down" our definition of construction laws of bedrooms ;)
    In my last place I had beams in my bedroom @viciumartis. Luckily for me, I am not tall as anyone much taller than me would have been banging their head all the time.
  • viciumartisviciumartis Posts: 65 ✭✭
    @mheredge

beams,walls,floor etc.. everything part of all rooms and houses,flats in general.Just wanted to share with you joke but actually it is not important how big room is but how creative and space consuming you are, right..?
    I know what you mean @viciumartis. Certainly the tiny bedroom I had when I was a kid used every inch to the full.
  • slhvtndsslhvtnds Posts: 20 ✭✭
    As far as I remember, having long curtains (from top to floor) shows the room high/wide.

Miniature furniture to be used,

If your furniture's fabric patterns has long lines, it also shows the room wide and relax,

A tall chandelier to be used,

Functional materials.

Good luck:)
    All I know is that today I'm moving from a small single room at the hotel I'm staying in to a larger room! I have too much stuff and need to spread out.