Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February

When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

popular parties in your country.

I live in a country where popular parties like a lot
  so I want to create a theme in which everyone tells something about the most popular parties in their country,
  I think it's good to learn cultures from other countries

Comments

• javierjavier Posts: 287 ✭✭
    I will start by telling about a famous popular party in my country called LOS SANFERMINES, a festival that every year brings together thousands and thousands of people from all over the world.

they are the celebrations that secelebran in the north of Spain in the province of Pamplona between the 6 and 14 of JULY
    the bulls are an essential element,. Simply immerse yourself in the environment and let yourself be carried away by joy with respect towards others

Pamplona or Iruñea (name in Euskara) is a common city, pulling a small one (190,000 hb.), Which is located about 50 km south of the Pyrenees,

Ernest Hemingway Nobel Prize winner had a beautiful relationship with Pamplona and his Sanfermines? His first visit was in 1923, to find material for the newspaper Toronto Star and since then, he became a great admirer of San Fermin, thanks to him, the party crossed borders and reached all parts of the world.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,127 mod
    I find bull running and fighting very sad, as it is very cruel. There are similar festivals in the south of France. When I visited Pamplona, I visited a bull ring but it was part of a sightseeing tour.

France also has lots of parties and fetes especially in the summer, when many villages will have their own particular occasion to celebrate. Last year I went to a very interesting one that celebrated the mules (now substituted by horses) as the ancient transporters of olives and other goods from Italy down to the coast.
    @mheredge If it is a party a bit cruel but it is a tradition of many years and very difficult to remove but the environmental organizations are fighting more and more to get it
    Here I will comment on another famous party in Spain I would like someone else to tell the festivities of their country
    The April Fair or Seville Fair
    In the first years of its creation, the fair was livestock and agricultural.
      It is celebrated annually in the city of Seville, (in Andalusia, Spain)
    The April Fair in Seville begins the night of "alumbrao", the opening moment in which thousands of light bulbs are lit from the fairgrounds. The fair is illuminated along its streets with light, color and great joy.
    . During the day, its streets are filled with hundreds of riders and horse-drawn carriages and around 500,000 visitors daily pass by.
     where you can participate by renting a car with driver. with a multitude of attractions for children and adults
    . For a week Sevilla lives only for this party. The music, the gastronomy, the dance and the desire to have fun create a very special atmosphere. During the party the people wear the typical Andalusian costumes:
    . After a week of constant festivities, the Fair concludes with a great fireworks show along the Guadalquivir River.
    In the information office located at the entrance of the fair they will inform you
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,127 mod
    I bet this must be very enjoyable @javier.. Séville is a lovely city and the food is really good. I definitely want to come back for much longer.