Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February

When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Monday mornings....

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 36,096 mod
That sinking feeling. That same old, same old feeling when on Monday morning you have to get up for work. How do you start the week?

I tend to try to make an early start to the day. Over breakfast I skim over the news (which tends to be regurgitated from the weekend, so not so interesting). I then try to plan what I will do during the rest of the day and week. Mondays in Nice, a lot of shops and the market is closed.

How do you feel about Mondays @Vok, @lisa, @april, @Practical_Severard, @javier, @Deucalion @aladdin?

Comments

• lisalisa Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭
    @mheredge In fact, my week has started since yesterday, speical regulation of Arabic countries. It is a bit hard to get up every Sunday, extra tired and sleepy day although I have sleeped almost the whole previous day.
  • Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    > @mheredge said:
    > How do you feel about Mondays @Vok, @lisa, @april, @Practical_Severard, @javier, @Deucalion @aladdin?

Well, it's rather far from the Friday meeting, so I feel quite well. I start Mondays from my diary. Today, though, this company has paid the employees, so the salespeople keep coming to me with silly questions. Though, that person's client was really late to pay for 14 days so it meant -100£ off his bonus.
  • walterwalter Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    I don`t have a problem to get up early. I have habit to go at sleep early, and to get up early. Doesn`t matter which is a day in week, I can without problem to get up early. I always get up 30 minutes before I must to left my house and to go at job. That time is enough for me for prepare, letting the dog out in yard and to reading a news before I go.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,096 mod
    Monday morning has vanished and I don't know where it's gone!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 8,689 mod
    I always plan the work that I'm going to do during the week, and make five daily schedules for the week ahead. I work better knowing what I'm doing in that way.
    That's very organised. I am having 'one of those days' today.
    Well done rescue groups in Thailand, there are 4 boys having been rescued from the cave, others will be saved in the following hours or days.
    This is a good start to the week at least @lisa.
    Very well, hope the others will be rescued as soon as possbile. @mheredge
    And now a couple more have been saved @lisa. It is very good news.
    edited July 2018
    Good job, show my respect to the workers and those brave boys,they are absolutely real heros. @mheredge
  • javierjavier Posts: 287 ✭✭
    @lisa @L I think that 7 children are already rescued I hope God helps them and they all leave alive
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 8,689 mod
    mheredge said:

That's very organised. I am having 'one of those days' today.

I sort of have to be, being self employed. There are always things that change, but I like having a vague schedule at least that I can work from.
  • DeucalionDeucalion Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭
    mheredge said:

Monday morning has vanished and I don't know where it's gone!

It vanished into thin air, @mheredge . :wink:
  • VokVok Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    @mheredge Although I feel comparatively good physically on Monday, given that I had good rest and slept enough at the weekend, I often have Monday blues. Apart from that Monday isn't very different from the rest of the working days. I get up quite early and get into the day slowly. I have enough time to read or watch something and when I'm off I feel fully awake. I don't think much about my plans for the week because they have already been jotted down in the business diary. What I need to do is just open it and Bob's my uncle.
    edited July 2018
    Vok said:

@mheredge ... I get up quite early and get into the day slowly.

As regarding myself, it's the opposite - every morning I jump out of my bed as a Kung-Fu master jumps from laying on his back! Tr-r-r-r-Yah-o-o-o! :wink:

You're making feel exhausted just thinking of it @Deucalion. More like 'Ugh- ah.'
    edited July 2018
    During the sleep an excessive amount of energy accumulates and swirls in me. After waking up I feel an urge to release it, so after my spectacular jump from the bed I start dancing like this

@Deucalion Are you serious? I am sorry but I have to ask this question, can you really dance like that? Circling as a peg-top?
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,549 mod
    Actually every morning I think: "I wish it was still night, so I could stay in my bed."
    :D
    Yah, it's a piece of cake to me, @lisa. If you let me dance you, I'll whirl you like a spinner. :D You'll think, "Wow! Nobody have danced me like this! I've never felt like this till now! " And you'll look at me enchanted.

@Deucalion To be honest, I will die immediately if you dance me like a spinner.
    edited July 2018
    lisa said:

@Deucalion To be honest, I will die immediately if you dance me like a spinner.

Yah, @lisa! You'll die, yet not with what you are afraid of, but you'll die with excitement! :wink: Though, we need to gradually prepare your fitness beforehand. First I'll teach you skipping like this.
    @Deucalion Thanks but I have to say I am so happy that I keep enough far distance with you. Haha

Good news for the Thailand cave rescue. The last four boys and their coach will be brought out today, thanks godness.
    @Deucalion If I dance around like in the video, I'm sure I'll fall down and hit my head
    lisa said:

@Deucalion Thanks but I have to say I am so happy that I keep enough far distance with you.
    Haha

Hoho!
    You are simply not conscious of what you are loosing, @lisa!

edited July 2018
    javier said:

@Deucalion If I dance around like in the video, I'm sure I'll fall down and hit my head

Then, here is the dance for you, @javier . The only thing left for you to do is to choose a partner from among the members of this forum.
    Who, are you going to choose by the way, @Michouxe , @Dora , @Hermine or ever positively thinking @Paulette ? :relieved:
    @Deucalion this dance is very romantic do not make me choose between @Michouxe , @Dora , @Hermine @Paulette I'm sure that all of them are beautiful women
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 18,099 mod
    Thank you very much @javier, that is sure a positive thought about women! :)
    Aren't beautiful women for being danced in romantic dances, @javier?
    If you refuse, they could easily suspect that you are insincere when you say they are beautiful. Come on, Javier! Don't be the one who refuses to ask a beauty for a dance!