Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February

When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists on Discord.

Say cheese

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 36,162 mod
:)

What is your favourite cheese?

Do you like cheese? Some countries, it seems are not so into cheese as others. (Did you know that there are more than 366 types of cheese in France? A different one for every day of the year and a few left over!)

And for wine lovers, cheese tastes even better with a little slurp of wine - and not just red wine either!

Tagged:

Comments

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 8,729 mod
    I really like cheese. My partner does too, and we like to try out lots of different flavours. We have many cheeses in our fridge at the moment!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 36,162 mod
    What's your favourite @GemmaRowlands? Do you like stinky cheeses? What about blue cheese?
    mheredge said:

What's your favourite @GemmaRowlands? Do you like stinky cheeses? What about blue cheese?

I don't like strong cheese at all - a mild cheddar is enough for me - but I like it with fruit in, like apricots. That's my favourite. What about you?
    edited July 2018
    I'm the opposite - the stinkier the better @GemmaRowlands. I find that red wine complements cheese very well too, enhancing the taste of the wine as well as the cheese.
    Post edited by mheredge on
    mheredge said:

I'm the opposite - the stinkier the better @GemmaRowlands. I find that red wine compliments cheese very well too, enhancing the taste of the wine as well as the cheese.

I can't abide stinky cheese, I just can't bring myself to eat it. It smells like sweaty socks!

*Note, it's "complements". Not many people actually know there is another word, let alone the difference between the two, but it's an interesting one!
    I have some old Camembert that has seen better days. I think I need to polish it off before it starts getting stinky @GemmaRowlands!